1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Don't People Use Double Cannon

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by CoolDownHSNA, 14 Mar 2018.

?

Do you Guys Think Double Cannon Is Any Good

1. Yes

2. No

3. Okay

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    This video basically proves that Double Cannon is very, very good and way too underrated. BTW, I also showed one of my losses to show what I did wrong.

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Well, double cannons are good on defender, but there's soo many better burst options available!

Like, I'm a big fan of that build. In the 800- range, on a duellist speeder, it feels straight out of Pirates of the Carribean lol.

3. yellow flash

yellow flash Member

In the early game double cannon is good but after reaching higher in infamy it will feel less efective as there will be giant defenders with around 7 -10 k health and cannon cant beat them easily so i wont suggest that if ur planning for a long run

Note - double blast , flare +blast , sniper + big torpedo works great on speeders

ThatOnion likes this.
  4. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I forgot who said this, but global dps > weapon dps. Cannons have an astonishingly high dps because of their rapid fire rate, but you could shoot as fast as twin cannons with 4 blast cannons or 1 cannon and 2 blast cannons, both of which will actually deal more dps. Personally I love the double cannon setup, but only at lower levels when item slots are scarce.

Also, I don't recommend it on a speeder because it leaves you with no time to use your yellow items, and if you stop firing for even a moment, your dps is heavily compromised.

Miathan and yellow flash like this.
  5. Subbie the Blaster

Subbie the Blaster Well-Known Member

Fixing all day all idiots
    Agreed, IF you want constant fire, do then double carronade: if needed you can shoot and mow the enemy down, yet while they aren't in range, you can use your yellows

6. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    This will only work at high level, however. In the early game, double carronade is severely outmatched by double cannon.

7. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

:) I've said that lots. Might not have said it originally, but that is the true dps that you should focus on. The actual dps number on each weapon means very little.

PastelPiku likes this.
  8. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

Another thing, in higher infamies the meta is peek-a-boo firing, which means enemies will be firing single shots and then go back to cover, so dual cannons cannot find their targets as quick as their reload time, bringing down the dps a whole lot. On the other hand, if u use blast cannon, you can think of it as storing 2 cannon shots to be fired every 11.1s, and you can definitely find an enemy in those 11.1s to fire on, making its effective dps better than cannon.

9. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I'm a standard cannon lover but I can't see what use doubles would be on anything but a defender. On a shooter you just don't need more than one. You have too many gun slots. On the yellow and green boats there are just way better options given that neither type can get into a slugfest.

On a defender, however, two solid standard cannons turn him into a big blue buzz saw of doom. I'll never forget that defender I saw with god's own bandages and a pair of standard cannons. The proper word is "juggernaut" -- terrifying. He'd just eat a big torp and whatever else in the face as he chugged towards his next victim. Then when he got close enough he'd rip that person apart with the standard cannons. Then, while chugging on to the next victim those bandages did their work.

Last edited: 28 Mar 2018
  10. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Sometimes the problem with carronade is having no long range weapons. But I cant wait to get a second legendary carronade and have double carronade on selfish fixer mk6.

11. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Would carro + sniper work?

PastelPiku likes this.
  12. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Maybe. I dont have a sniper.

PastelPiku likes this.
  13. Subbie the Blaster

LOL

Da Carronade King and PastelPiku like this.
  14. Subbie the Blaster

The expression 'selfish fixer' sounds simply funny because of its abnormal meaning (the least selfish ship being called selfish is simply funny IMO)

TheAntiSnipe and PastelPiku like this.
  15. Blueee

Blueee Active Member

Always In The Bay!!
    Nope, I prefer Enforcer, with its Enfo Dance :)

PastelPiku likes this.
  16. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    ikr, makes barely any sense, unless u use double or triple duct tape.

17. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Maybe you don't understand the reference. The term "selfish fixer" is exactly descriptive. They only fix themselves because they only use duct tape.

18. Subbie the Blaster

I understand the term. I just find it funny.