1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Do mk5 Shooters Camp, Then...

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by fr4nk1yn, 3 Sep 2017.

1. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

come out fighting after the team has been all but decimated? Then do enough damage with high tier weapons they could've made a real difference before it was 3v2 battle.
    I see this way too much to be coincidence or bad tactics. Is this how they seal club now cause I hardly ever see floaters anymore?

2. ID•IllIlIllI

ID•IllIlIllI Member

First of all, I'm a lv32 shooter at 3.6k infamy. I use dual snipers, big torp, missiles and standard mortar.

I don't do it personally or on intention. Maybe an exception when the other team has 4.5+ players that could 2 shot me I would play really safe and people that go in and die in .5 sec would sometimes ask why not go in together

behumble likes this.
  3. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

The last sentence of your post is correct.
    Instead of floating or doing minimal damage and then rushing at the enemy to die..that will show on the battlelog..which more people are likely to report.
    Whereas this way..as many people X out the game when they die..the battlelog will show they did a decent amount of damage..so no reason to report.
    I realised what they were up to as I've seen this quite a few times..even more so when I"ve seen this "tactic" discussed in chat.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  4. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Just like to point out..I'm NOT calling you out as someone who intentionally dies to drop infamy.
    I can understand your precaution..especially against some of the beasts you must be playing against..but why hang back before your teammates are getting destroyed?
    If you went in as a team you could be another distraction..plus help do damage which might change the outcome of the game.
    If you're coming out of the blocks late..then surely you're an easier target?..as most of your teammates are already dead..so these beasts will 2 shot you even easier.
    As I said..I don't consider you as intentionally losing..I just don't see how your tactic could work.
    But what would I know?..lol..I only got mk5 4 days ago and I'm at almost 1900 infamy..and climbing.
    I doubt there's much intentional losing at your infamy..but what Fr4nk1yn suggested happens a LOT around the 1300+ mark.

fr4nk1yn and _devill like this.
  5. fr4nk1yn

As Enforcer I hang back a bit and try to watch what friends go where and decide where to head.
    If my team is taking heavy mortar I'll even flak with the risk of suiciding to distract the unfriends and let my team move in.
    I don't get the hang back to keep from dying as it's just going to make everyone sink quicker.

Biffter likes this.
  6. fr4nk1yn

Which chat are you in!?

7. disorder

disorder Active Member

for me most of them are sealclubber.
    They wait until all other people die for shoot 2-3 mortar, and die without moving... they are not consider like sealclubber because they do at least little damage.
    NOthing to do, like everything in this game...

8. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Just global chat..I don't have VIP.
    This "tactic" isn't the only thing I've seen discussed.
    Global chat is basically a free for all for any topic..everyone knows there's no chat moderation.
    I've basically given up on reporting..it's obvious Rovio doesn't have the manpower or time to check all reports..I guess they've got more important things to do than regulate chat channels.
    Kinda worrying really when you see COUNTLESS people trawling chat for girls..for a game that's 13+.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  9. fr4nk1yn

Just wondering. I'm usually in The Foundry.

10. WaveMaker

WaveMaker Active Member

One problem I've had is rushing in and presuming team is with me only to find out after dead all of them went a different way or changed directions...so it was 1v5 for first minute and of course I died...so now I hang back wait for others to pick a target and try to assist them.

jf0rc3 likes this.
  11. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

This happens to me constantly, I use speeder so I zip ahead and discover the unfriendlies, pick off a few shots and circle back only to discover my team hasn't budged at all

_devill, AnikaitD and The Otherguy like this.
  12. disorder

disorder Active Member

Noobs shooter.. Sometimes worse than sealclubber...

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. fr4nk1yn

Or to have them with you then realize they've gone, or sunk, and you're now on a 3v1.

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Or you rush and cause cunfusion and a perfect tactical situation, then turn around to hide behind your team... and they went the other way! :mad: (Chill Zone)

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  15. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Chill zone is by far the worst map..9/10 my teammates stay near the icewall and get mortared or stuck in the bottleneck.

16. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

I'll say hi if I see ya..same name as this?.
    What infamy are you at btw?..also what's your main?

17. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

When the game starts..quickly pan the camera around to see if/where your teammates are going..also keep an eye on your minimap.

18. fr4nk1yn

Same name. I guess I'm full time Enforcer now, bouncing in the high 17s to 18s ATM

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Mk5 shooters? I see ALL mk level shooters camping :p

The Otherguy likes this.
  20. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Went ahead with my speeder to scout unfriends on Crash N' Burn. Found them and gave my team a clear idea where they were behind the wall. Tried my best to stay alive and not get killed early so my team could lob mortars over the wall and cause panic killing a few in the process. Well i turned around and realized they went the other side :eek:. Epic match really. Unfriends ganged up on me took me out in <5 secs and went for the rest of the team. Match lasted for a minute i guess or it felt like a minute. And we lost. Gave up for the day and came to forum to complain. Will try again tomorrow though.:p

The Traveller Nick and fr4nk1yn like this.