1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Blast Cannon?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by The Otherguy, 15 Sep 2017.

1. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Why is it that speeders at higher lvls rock bc? They have two slot slot points, so why not ec?
    Here are the stats...
    BC________EX
    cd 11.1__________12.2
    range 23.1_______26.3
    prospd 21.6______18.0
    dps 65________ 57
    R 0____________ 2
    So why BC? Are there more perks on the talent tree?
    @Captain Gilligan ? You use EC, what do you think?

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  2. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Well I use Big Torpedo, so I only have one other weapon pt, which goes towards Blast Cannon.
    I assume you are talking about speeders that go Sniper Cannon and Blast, or Flare Gun and Blast? To answer your question, I have no idea lol, other than it may come down to what weapons they have at max level ?

Mr. Chompers and The Otherguy like this.
  3. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Because the damage after training and leveling up is insane.

Jdm7 likes this.
  4. The Otherguy

Tech support
    So its the training...

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I trained Bhurt especially for blast cannon after the sniper cannon nerf. I run bc+big torp on a mk4 speeder(i upgraded for just the armour and the two slots for rudder and turbo). The blast cannon is good in a pinch, because mine is rare mk3 and does like +18% fire damage. Also, perked damage from the crew gives it 400+ damage under normal conditions, and 500+ under burn.
    Finally, I am a speeder. Speeders are assassins. If you are around 1000hp and burning, consider yourself dead. 500+ on the blast, late 400s on my torp, and that's it. Ba-bae.

6. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

You can pick up 40% before hitting Bhurt 4.

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. The Otherguy

Tech support
    :eek:

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. TheAntiSnipe

Dude, you gotta see the damage to believe it. When I go target-lock on an enemy fixer, even high level pulse cannot save them, my attack is so quick. Also, most of the time, I keep a nitrous ready. So, blow up the fixer from his flank real quick, then jump to safety before his teammates understand that they got white-lightninged. Hehe

9. The Otherguy

Tech support
    I love doing that with my turbo, nitro, ob, 400+ (With 33% crit) grenade, and 800+ t3 uncommon big torp. When the shooters all have their backs turned, and don't have gear-lube. LOL

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. TheAntiSnipe

I have a t1 epic bt. Too OP if nobody's looking. But dude, that blast cannon is UNHOLY

11. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Click, click Boom!!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Currently doing 1400 with my T3 rare torpedo on frosted targets, then another 550 with my rare Blast cannon on my mk4 speeder.
    I 1-shot any speeders I manage to hit, and takes two fly-bys to kill most of the mk5 shooters I vs. Pretty deadly :) Keen to unlock T4 crew training for my Big Torp :cool:

13. TheAntiSnipe

*Tries to post the Breaking Bad meme "You're goddamn right", then fails.*

14. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

That's why as a fixer I am usually pointed diagonally while periodically looking backwards and at the mini-map. If any speeder comes, I usually see it. but the question is whether my teammates listen to my call. I also have a tier 4 rare blast that does 739 damage per pop, if any finishing blow is needed.

15. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    This is my loadout currently Screenshot_20170914-232943.png Screenshot_20170914-232952.png Screenshot_20170914-232948.png
    And that's at lvl 22 on bhurt. Personally I would go explosive cannon all the way if you have the slots for it. I would MUCH rather prefer going explosive cannon + flare gun than blast cannon + flare gun.
    The splash damage on the explosive cannon makes you really think about how to use the weapon to its full potential! And I have found myself to be way more confident in being an assasin ship while using the cannon. But in my case, who wouldn't use the legendary item ;)

16. iRSS

iRSS Member

I guess that no one said, but the bcannon cost only one slot point and the XCannon two points.
    Using only one point, the bcannon does an amazing damage but don't have the area damage of the XCannon.

17. MrSpy720

MrSpy720 Active Member

Am mk4 speeder rocking two BCs - t3R - 27 and t1E - 10. Tried playing EC but i find BC much better personally. Maybe coz BC does more damage than EC at same level and with speeder that difference of range is almost negligible.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  18. iRSS

iRSS Member

The XCannon only shines on later Bhurt levels.

19. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Once you hit t4 ex cannon is the way to go for sure as long as you have the slot points and duplicates to upgrade it. That's when you get the good ex cannon trainings and it's 2 slot points for a reason. You fire it into a group of people packed around a fixer and you can do 3k damage right there

20. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

One problem with the Explosive Cannon is that if you're fighting two ships and you stun one to attack the other. If they are close you'll remove your own stun, and probably die.

I'm currently looking for a good 2nd weapon for my speeder. Explosive Cannon is tempting, and probably worth it, but it doesn't play well with stun.

iRSS likes this.