1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are there no measures in place against AFKers?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Miathan, 22 May 2017.

1. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Any PvP game that takes itself seriously has something in place.

Make it possible to report AFKers, or have an automated system that kicks + restricts a player who does no attack or movement for a minute or longer. The restriction could be for example a 30 minute lockout from battles.

Dodey and Anomalix like this.
  2. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

That is a little harsh I would say for 3 battles with no to little movement attack damage cause sometimes my screen glitches and I have to restart my tablet then I crash next round.

3. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Another vote for reporting AFKers....it happens way too often. And harsh seems good to me.

4. Miathan

Well, if you have a crash or disconnect or whatever, that should negatively affect you, not everyone else in your team. So I'd say no exception needed for this.

When my team loses a match because we had a player that did nothing, I don't care whether he was deliberately AFK or his tablet screen froze. The result is the same, and the other 4 people on the team are just as annoyed.

5. Never0dd0reveN

Never0dd0reveN Member

So i should get a three month ban for getting a phone call from time to time? This is a game on phones, sometimes life happens.

You need to not take it so seriously

6. Miathan

You're the only one that said anything about a three month ban

7. aaaxxd

aaaxxd Member

Seriously, this is just a phone game, not Overwatch. Anything from sluggish mobile network to phone call to mom talking to you can happen. Anything more than a mild slap on the wrist is overdoing it.

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  8. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

I understand where your coming from but here's my opinion
    1 people who intentionally just sit there I belive get blocked if reported and they are very rare in my experience.
    2 if a players is really afk he won't play a 2nd game anyways because he's gone lol so what good would a short ban do? There has been many games where I have been kicked for some reason so would I get banned for that? Even tho I play my hardest when the wifi or whatever is working properly?
    3 stuff comes up for me life is more important than a Game. Sometimes ya just gotta roll with it and work harder as a team.
    4 This is a Free to play Mobile game. So we should not expect it to have tons of protections against afk players like a real competitive PC game.

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  9. Never0dd0reveN

Never0dd0reveN Member

Really? That's the part you latch on to? Not the point that it's a mobile game on PHONES. It's great if you have no friends who randomly call you, so you can guarantee dedicated time to the game, but some of us have people who care about us, get random phone calls that we have to answer and that leaves us afk. On top of that, this is a mobile game. It's based off of service. While i think it's ideal to play connected to WiFi, you can't expect everyone to do so. Sometimes people just want to get a few quick games in while on the go, that's why they download games to their phones.

It may be inconvenient sometimes, but more often than not, It's not intentional, is just life happening. You can't punish players for that.

If you're wanting to guarantee players have no excuses for disconnecting, might i suggest world of tanks or any other similar game to this in that can be played on pc; but on mobile platforms, you have to take the good with the bad.

10. Raissa tito safaraz

Raissa tito safaraz Active Member

Dont take it seriously! Banned because afk is over-punishment. I still agree if he afk on the first match and afk again on the second match i agree! He deserved to get a temporary ban. It is an online game! I sometimes leave my phone altough it is in the middle of game because my parents need help or someone knocking the door and etc. online game cant be paused

Mr squiqqle and TheRedSpeeder like this.
  11. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Banning people because somebody called them, their battery run out or their network dropped is no really an acceptable solution.
    However, gaming the system on purpose to lower your infamy by just floating and letting your team die is not acceptable either, and we have been banning people for that.

12. Grendal

Grendal New Member

So many phone games that handle this fine. Team should get afk relief and afker should get a timeout until they can free up time. Or double infamy drain for no movement. Am i the only one that returns calls after the game is over? Its called DND mode.

dikshift, HeroicBubbles and Miathan like this.
  13. Miathan

1) It's a mobile game, not a phone game. If you're afraid of an AFK penalty because you might get a phone call, play on a tablet
    2) Alternatively, if you're going to be playing some games you can always disable incoming calls, it's not like people can't reach you anymore when you do. This is 2017, there are like a hundred ways to text someone.
    3) To those saying "it's not a PC game" etc: this game is set up fully as a competitive game. It's a 100% PvP game where everyone playes the ranked mode (because it's all there is). A competitive game should have measures in place to support actual competitive play, including anti-AFK.
    4) If your life is so uncertain that even in a game where matches take only a few minutes you might get a "life happens" in between, perhaps you should not be playing online games where other people are negatively affected by your life "happening". Stick to single player games that you can pause and quit without consequences for others.

Totoro likes this.
  14. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Exactly. There should be some deterrent that isn't to severe unless the afk'ing happens often. If you're LOL, life happens, texting your friends and afk every other battle you might reconsider with double infamy loss. If you were unavoidably afk once a day double infamy loss is no big deal. Just something to make people consider joining a match more carefully.

Miathan likes this.
  15. Never0dd0reveN

Never0dd0reveN Member

I'm sorry, you don't get to dictate what, how and when i play,especially after dropping a couple hundred bucks on this game... And thank God for that. If they didn't want it played on phones they wouldn't support them, you can either deal with that or you cant. But all your arguments only make you sound more and more like an entitled crybaby. If i ever play with you, I'm inclined to go afk on purpose just because you have a horrible attitude and a sense of entitlement trying time dictate how others play the game.

16. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

But how can you tell the difference between the two? At least give us the option to report people; we still can't do that because gamer tags aren't given underneath people's names in games.

Last edited: 23 May 2017
  17. Robert Sundwick

Robert Sundwick New Member

What would be the advantage of that? I'm legitimately curious. I guess to drop a bunch of Infamy then dominate at a lower level of the game to build up gold? I guess, if I dropped down back into the 500s that may work but that's still such a slog to get back up unless you were MK5s fleeted together but still that would be no guarantee. Just wondering.

18. Ikethelord3

Ikethelord3 New Member

Everyone is thinking too black and white, look for a middle ground. Don't ban people for AFKing one, single time; ban them for doing it constantly. Don't make it a perma-ban, start low and scale up with repeated offenses.

On the other side, to all the people saying that AFKers aren't being banned - how do you know they aren't? Are you seeing the exact same person AFK in multiple games? The mods have stated that they are banning AFK players so there's not really a choice but to take their word for it.

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  19. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

It's mentioned that this is a competitive PvP game... I get that... To a point. But what do you win if you get to the top? A cash prize? No. A free holiday? No. We're not playing for sheep stations here. ITS A GAME. Yes, repeated offenders should and DO get banned. No, there is not an announcement Mande by the Devs whenever they ban someone. If they introduced a reporting system,, it would be abused by all the salty players when they lose because their teammates haven't spent as much money as they have, or had an off game. So then, who has to sort through the MILLIONS of reports everyday? Oh, should the Devs PAY the community to sort through the reports, as some people have suggested? WHY WOULD THEY SO THAT? It's a ridiculous notion, made by ignorant people who have no idea the work that would have to go into such a system. Get over it. ITS A GAME. ITS NOT LIFE OR DEATH.. YOU GET NOTHING BUT A BOOST TO YOUR EGO FOR WINNING. lol

mammoth1946 and JDAR like this.
  20. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

@Mr squiqqle I already got two sheep stations! No idea how I ever got by without them before.