1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are speeders so over used

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by DumboWumbo, 15 Jun 2017.

1. DumboWumbo

DumboWumbo Member

Please explain why speeders are over used I just don't get it when there is so many other options is it just fun skill or some thing else

2. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Game is a huge rng grind, once you realise that and if you want to progress up the leagues you will want to do it in a speedy manner.

Or you could go as defender and lumber around doing 5min games for the same reward.
    Retired? Plenty of time? Choose something else :)

3. DumboWumbo

DumboWumbo Member

So it's not because of how good it is or something like that

4. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

I main speeder, mk5 and 2700 max.
    I can tell you there are great speeders out there and awful ones.

It breaks down to..
    Captain level > gear > skill imo
    Unless you get to retarded legendary levels, which some uber whales have.

Honesty, play what you enjoy. If u stick with this game its going to take a lot of hours, and i mean thousands, to get into NM, even with moderate spending, like up to 1k

5. DumboWumbo

DumboWumbo Member

Is it true that speeders are extremely and I mean really awful to the point that they are over used so that you will come my have 2 to 4 speeders in your team

6. IOError

IOError New Member

I main a speeder because it's fun and it takes some skill to use and not wind up dead in a second. I didn't even know about the proliferation of speeders at higher levels until well into falling in love with the boat. I just assumed that shooters or Enforcers would end up dominating when I started and I have always played the light, fast option in any game. That being said, I think it's like IRL cars, they are performance machines like F1 cars, the best drivers want the fastest nimblest car around. They are fragile, take lots of skill to drive right, and if you make a mistake you will die. BUT, if driven right with the right amount of risk and skill they are the best out there and can't be beat. So the really good players want the F1 car not the Camaro with flames painted on the side so it ends up self selecting in most cases. Either you play it and get very good with it so you stick with it, or you get to a point where you are already good with another boat and start to see the advantages you get with the Speeder and decide to switch. But that's just one random person on the internet's opinion.

Raunak likes this.
  7. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

i just love getting up close with a tesla shield, hit my enemies hard with a flare-blast combo and then rush out of the danger zone. also speeder is great to confuse your opponent, you can draw some firepower on you and if you are fast enough (and a lil lucky) you won't even receive any damage, while the rest of your team can hit hard