1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are the quests for gold rant, an idea for improvement, and request some medical help

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Radar O Reilly, 31 Jul 2017.

1. Radar O Reilly

Radar O Reilly Active Member

I have so much sugar my boats are going to get diabetes!
    All my quests are for sugar and I am out of gold and totally stacked with too much sugar. Even when I click on the little arrows I get yet another sugar quest.
    How about a button that lets me choose an easy, medium or hard gold quest. I don't mind being asked to "get the broom from the wicket witch of the west" (you know, something like kill three boats using toenail clippers) if I get some nice mega gold bonus for doing it. If I just want a simple quest to fill my coffer then let me go sink three ships with your favorite weapon. Please let me flip my quest for some gold. Give me some options.
    And, send insulin for my boats too.

2. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

Lmao:D It's tough at all levels. It's that gold had much more uses that sugar. Another thing that people have suggested is that there be a exchange system. There would be a limit and trading would involve a small cost

3. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

I seem to get gold when I need sugar, and sugar when I need gold.

4. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    I need both all the time. Never have too much. Enjoy while you can.

5. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

Except if you have 3 days remaining on crew training and not enough parts to level up items. Then you need gold in order to buy parts to spend your sugar. It can be really frustrating.

6. xBonk

xBonk Active Member

Machinist
    Just wait, you will need both.

7. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Im always out of sugar guys, dont worry it starts to go fast around lvl 27+
    Gold is always a scarcity, never reached full capacity
    A lot of it depends on how often u play

BITTERSTEEL and ThatOnion like this.
  8. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

I'm also at lvl 27, but I agree with the OP. The sugar cap is way lower than the gold cap and only has 2 uses. If you're at a good spot with your weapons, you can just let them sit for a bit and focus on crew training. If your crew training is up for a couple of days you can focus on leveling. If all of your weapons are at their current max and crew training is already up, you don't have anything to spend it on. Meanwhile, gold spending is constant. There's always something to be spending gold on every single time the shop refreshes. Shopping done? Buy some scrap weapons, you need the parts.

I'm saving up gold for a ship upgrade right now, and it continues to be just as long and difficult as it was when I was at a lower level, because gold isn't gained at a fast enough rate relative to how much sugar you get. My gold cap is about 5.65x my sugar cap, but I gain gold only about 1.72x faster than I gain sugar. The only thing that makes saving sugar difficult sometimes is the stupidly low sugar cap, since crew training sometimes uses your entire cap. If they raise the sugar cap so that it was 72% of your gold cap, you might not be craving it so often since it could actually build up.