1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Where are shooters supposed to be

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Jackyepic, 9 Jun 2017.

1. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

I wonder where a shooter should be at, in the front blasting enemies or at the back sniping unfriends?

I am MK3 shooter and usually play as a frontiersman. At the front you get better accuracy and become capable of using some shorter range weapons (grenade launcher). Sometimes I do really big damage to the boats around a fixer. And then usually some boats with low health point (especially fixer) escape to heal themselves. Occasionally I suicidally drive into the enemy fleet, just to deal good damage with Torpedo or to finish people off.

And I get shredded... What are my other teammates doing? There is a shooter staying miles away, sniping without moving. Well, I know shooter aren't resistant to bullets but can one actually hit staying that far? He was not using all mortars.

What do the higher MK shooters do?

Sirius_Balzier and Raunak like this.
  2. RESQMI

RESQMI Active Member

For me when I'm playing shooter I'm more of a close to mid range support role with crowd control gears.
    Current set up sniper, standard cannon, mine, napalm and missile launcher with gear lube and turbo supporting gears. Most of the time I will follow any ship that is charging to the front line or scouting to support fire. If it choose to retreat I will lay down some mines and napalm to stop other ship chasing them.
    I gave up using a shield as the turret speed is too slow to keep up with those ships with overboost. Some time I'm able to hold them down till other teammates come to help out.
    Of course with this set up you are likely to be sunk if you don't make full use of the map for cover so it will take awhile to use it efficiently.

3. mammoth1946

mammoth1946 Active Member

4. Winkleberry5

Winkleberry5 Active Member

I haven't played shooter in awhile, but my advice for you would be to find a position on the bay that your weapons will be most effective at but will also provide you cover or a quick escape route. I may blow the dust off my shooter once I max out a few more weapons. Also take advantage of every slot point for example if you only have 3 slots w/ a total of 4 points use up all the slots/points so two 1 slot weapons + one 2 slot weapon. Hope this helps!

Raunak likes this.
  5. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

I do think you have answered a few of your own questions. :p

Shooters can't block shots, can't stun, can't move quickly, can't heal, and don't have a huge reservoir of hitpoints. If you like an "in your face" style of gameplay, look at the Enforcer (at level 3+) or a defender. Speeder is a bit different imo.

Its perfectly fine to have a short ranged weapon on your shooter, but focus on long range skate. Use your cannon to help you fight a defender while swimming in circles around them, or to kill nearby opponents who have waded to your group.

Suiciding usually doesn't work, especially if their fixer survives.

Try for a mix of weapons. Cannons are perfectly fine in moderation.

Try a big torpedo. :)

last slot is a bit up to preference, but I tend to like an explosive cannon or big bertha. I've tried all ranged weapons, and hated every close combat. 2 close range weapons and I am useless at team fights and shredded close in. So 1 long range, 1 short range, 1 midrange, that's my preference.

6. Travi5

Travi5 Member

Shooters should back up the Defender. Medium range weapons are recommended like all the cannons, flare, fire bomb, napalm, railgun, missiles, anything high dps.

Avoid using more than 1 mortar or torpedo, avoid mines, avoid weapons that seem to keep you behind everyone else!

I use turbo and shield personally, mostly because it's my best equipment. :p

Ability6 and P0rthos like this.
  7. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Now that's my kind of shooter.

Knight and Travi5 like this.
  8. Travi5

Travi5 Member

Hey Porthos! Thank you for the wonderful video on the Shooter today. That's really what motivated me to respond with this post in the first place. :)

9. Winkleberry5

Winkleberry5 Active Member

I use 2 Big Torps on my shooter along with SC, EC and Mine and I've been having plenty of success with that setup so far.

Travi5 likes this.
  10. Nobletenz

Nobletenz New Member

Mk3 shooter best set-ups? I use Rare sniper, uncommon 2 sniper and big Berta. Standard shieldx2 and Highest infamy at 1277. I also need tips on play style as well as whether my set up is the best it can be. Thanks

Attached Files:

11. Nobletenz

Nobletenz New Member

Another pic of my weapons on last-second row.

Attached Files: