1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

When will they focus on matchmaking?!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Capt. K’Nuckles, 11 Jun 2018.

1. Capt. K’Nuckles

Capt. K’Nuckles New Member

I’m an mk4 shooter with 1500-1800 infamy at any given time. I NEVER get matched with other mk4 boats and am always fighting mk5 and mk6 boats! I start handicapped from the sound of the horn. Instead of adding new maps, etc., how about focusing on matchmaking. It seems to work just fine in deathmatches but not normal ones.

Ciaccio96 likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Its okay to be a mk4 till about 2000. I was a speeder mk4 upto about 1900 infamy or so.

See, thing is, people are not normally as skilled as this. This throws off the normal metric, allowing us to just go high up, above what a normal mk4 can do. The losses should normally check our surge progress. They don't do it for skilled captains hehe.

A possible solution would be to make sure that gearscore of WEAPONS as well as ARMOR and SUPPORT is considered with INFAMY as a metric. It is however possible to manipulate gearscore, as the recent events have proved. Meaning that matchmaking will need something else.

How would we be able to balance skill with gear in a manner that cannot be manipulated?

3. Capt. K’Nuckles

Capt. K’Nuckles New Member

I would suggest to prevent the manipulation in death match that weapons not be allowed beyond what the boat could handle if upgraded along side boats upgrades. Meaning you shouldn’t be able to tier 5 weapons on an mk4 or below boat. Make it so they don’t fit. So should I simply drop infamy to below 1000 to get fair matchups?

4. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I think infamy gain/loss would benefit from fluctuating based on stars. In other words, 3 stars on a victory would get you the optimal infamy gain, 0 stars on victory gets no infamy gain, 2 stars on a defeat gets minimal infamy loss, and 0 stars on a defeat gets maximum infamy loss. The goal of this system would be that your infamy would shoot up faster if you were too powerful (in terms of item and skill) and if your infamy got much higher than you could handle, your infamy would drop faster due to not doing as well in matches, or not increase so drastically when you win but hardly were able to help.

This wouldn't end the problem entirely, it'd definitely make floaters tank their infamy faster, so I think infamy floors would be necessary. They don't have to be very complicated either. As of now, the seal clubber penalty begins when your infamy drops 800 below your top infamy. How about simply disallowing infamy from dropping below that point? I can say with certainty that if I dropped to 2200 as opposed to my current top of 3000, I wouldn't mind in the least not being able to drop lower. This idea shouldn't hurt fair players in any way.

5. PastelPiku

Security
    @TheAntiSnipe I think you sent your message twice, buddy lol

6. TheAntiSnipe

Lol I had bad n/w speed a while back

PastelPiku likes this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

There is no way around this. You can’t expect to climb the infamy ladder AND never get matched against higher infamy players, how would that even work?

If you want to get to Nightmare League, then you’re going to have to fight your way up through all the mk5s, and the mk6s, and the mk7s that are standing in your way.

You can just repeatedly beat the same newb mk4s, and get +24 infamy each time. You’d end up at 4k infamy within a few days, without ever having to fight any ‘real’ 4k players. It would make infamy completely meaningless.

8. PastelPiku

Security
    I think the main complaint is spending most of your time fighting people way stronger than you when you just wanna play. We need an unranked mode that's always open, unlike the events.

9. TheAntiSnipe

Hey, that would be neat!

PastelPiku likes this.
  10. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

That's a lot of time :p

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I like the idea of a non-team, unranked deathmatch mode that's always open for practice.

Ovidmikel and PastelPiku like this.
  12. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    Sry, never.. we been asking for over a year.. still the same

Ciaccio96 likes this.
  13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Ship mk isn’t as important as you might think. It’s gear that really makes the difference.

For example, this is my mk3 Defender with some of my regular (mk6) gear loaded on it. I could easily one shot regular mk3s and mk4s in it, and would have double their hp (probably faster too). Would it really be fair to match it against other mk3s from Warrior League?

B3ADEDB5-F917-4347-A22F-3F8892B7289A.png

YerJokinArnYer likes this.
  14. Ciaccio96

Ciaccio96 New Member

If you say so , Do I have to decrease my GEAR or my Infamy ( I am captain 27 GEAR 4638 mk4 , infamy 1434/1769 )to avoid another dangerous enemy within their tier 4 tier 5 epic weapon ??
    I just had a losing streak as you can see . I lost about 14 battles consecutively. Any advices ?

15. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

The overall point is, if you are facing Mk5’s all the time in your Mk4, then you are good enough to compete against them.

You either have better gear/better skills or a combination of the above. It is not a problem, it is a compliment to you.

Infamy is a measure of skill + gear score (inc ship level) + ability to work together as a team.

16. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Yes, take a break from playing. I would recommend you do that any time you lose 5 in a row.
    Also consider in the games leading up to your maximum, were you mostly in the lower reaches of the damage dealt results, or were you killed before end of battle? If yes, then you may have been above your ‘true’ infamy level, and due a drop down.

Ciaccio96 likes this.
  17. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Throughout this game (no matter what infamy level you are at) you will face situations where:
    • You are the strongest (by infamy) player in your team
    • You are the weakest player in your team
    • You are an average player in your team
    These situations could even happen in consecutive matches. The point is to adapt your play style accordingly because the game is never going to stop giving you these situations.
    If you’re the strongest player then it’s up to you to try and influence the match significantly. You can’t have an average match and expect to win, you need to deal high damage.
    If you’re the weakest player, then you need to try and stay alive as long as possible and play more conservatively. If you go all guns blazing you’ll get quickly killed and enemies will have fewer targets and the chances of your teammates winning is reduced. Follow the strongest player if you can.

18. TwoHeadedFreak

TwoHeadedFreak Member

I think part of the problem comes from gaining captain xp for your battles. People are getting to mk5 boats with lower level of crew training and it makes the grind to climb that much harder for those with weaker boats as they vs mk5 with a mk4 earlier than what we did before you earnt xp from battles.

Capt. K’Nuckles likes this.
  19. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Surely it’s a double edged sword though. You need to also consider the positive aspects of getting Captain XP from battles.
    If you gain Captain XP faster, you get access to the higher level boats faster yourself, and you also get better rewards faster.
    Personally I’m in favour of anything that accelerates progress of players as it is a very long road to Mk7 boats and Tier 5 epic weapons. However, I respect that you have a different opinion.

20. TwoHeadedFreak

TwoHeadedFreak Member

I agree, i think it is good. It just comes with a downside for those lower infamy player's on the cusp of upgrading their boats.