1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the best ship for climbing past 1000 infamy?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by David Bonaparte, 14 Jun 2017.

1. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

See Title. I can work with any ship, they are all Mk 3 atm. My primary frustration is that either I die too quickly because my teammates abandon me, or they suicide frequently (as a fixer especially). I tend to have win (and loss) streaks on most ships, so I don't think my personal perspective is going to be very enlightening.

For reference, the most common scenarios I tend to lose in are:

A. 3-4 allies branch off to shoot (and miss) 1-2 opponents a lot, ignoring the rest of the enemy team. Tunnel vision ftw.

B. The opponents are on an open map and just happen to be able to spam mortars everywhere, and nobody is willing to try and get close.

C. One or two allies run straight at the opponents, and then refuse to retreat.

Needless to say, spamming "together" doesn't always work, since B happens occasionally.

Last edited: 14 Jun 2017
  2. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Depends on your items.
    rng plays a huge part in early game if you arent spending?

Got mortars? Go shooter
    Fixy stuff, fixer
    Yellow stuff, speeder or enforcer

Etc

3. David Bonaparte

I have a fair number of items, building for any specific ship shouldn't be a problem I think

4. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

I got to 1400 infamy with enforcer mark 2 but my mark 3 speeder setup that was best I found for me was (drumroll please!!!) Standard cannon flare gun Overboost and frost blaster blue item was turbo.

5. David Bonaparte

Any particular reason for the Frost Blaster? I'm guessing you use it more for supporting your allies in this specific instance.

6. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

Yeah also makes flares easier to land.

7. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

First I thought fixer, then defender... now I'm pretty sure there is no best ship for that. You can do it on any ship, or you will fail on any ship, depending on your teammates.

I just sat above 1k for quite some time, the last 1-2 days I was at like 1100-1150, then over the course of one day I dropped to 700. I could swap ship in an attempt to change things, but I know it's not me that needs to change. I just need to start getting some decent people on my side again. Or not. Tbh I don't even mind it, easy stars all the time below 800 infamy. I even got a few times 3 stars, and I couldn't even remember the last time that happened. But to get back to the topic: I don't think it depends on your boat. Play the one you like most.

8. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Hate to break it to you, but losing 1,2, heck maybe 3 games in a row could be back luck, but to drop the equivilent of 15 games infamy is not "just" your teammates

It is also, you, your gear, you tilting etc

Yes, floating and bombing is a problem, but to lose 300 pts or more is also your bad play.

9. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Nah, it actually wasn't. When I'm topping the damage and kills every round and gaining extra stars, it's not bad play on my part. You can definitely lose 300+ infamy due to bad teammates. Is it likely to happen? No. But if you play long enough, it will happen at some point.