1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What the infamy awards should look like..

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by BasedCarpen, 30 Sep 2017.

1. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

As long as the "secret sauce" stays the same, nody would be playing fixer anymore. Damage also isn't everything to win a match, but with this system people would do everything to deal more damage than their teammates. This would ruin the teamwork.

But yeah, I know how frustrating it is when you lose a match while you dealt over 15k damage, and all other members dealt 2k or less.

baysider, Ian and Babablacksheep like this.
  3. BasedCarpen

Healing is already factored into the rankings along with frost and fire assisting. We can debate changing these at the margins but that isn't an argument for keeping the system in place now.

I disagree with your second point, ultimately dealing damage is the best way to assist your team and should be the primary focus. The reason why I have a problem with the current system is people not working as a team and dealing damage, sitting back, hiding not engaging

4. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Actually, it's really easy to be the top damage dealer if you just hang back and use mortars and long range weappns while your team is getting slaughtered in 4 vs 5. While you may be doing the most damage, you are not assisting your team. And even tough you may have dealt most damage, you are the reason your team lost.

(This is not aimed at you @BasedCarpen , it's just in general, so no misunderstandings ok :))

5. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Actually I would like to differ to statement made by you about dealing damage is best contribution. Contributing to a winning cause is more important and not just dealing damage. Take an example a fixer ran off or say didn't heal but delt 7k damage and team loses. What's the use of that damage if you lose. It's useless. Contribution is more important and damage is one of the contribution or being freez fire healing distracting etc.
    If you ask me I would chose a win against most damage.

6. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

What if everyone in the team works as hard as each other to get the win and everyone gets 2 stars, only for the top damage dealers (usually shooters) to get 36 infamy and those with lesser weapons like speeder/enforcer getting 12 infamy, is it fair? No.

7. Shadow Moon!

And about the infamy it should be
    For winning
    +24
    +20
    +16
    +12
    +8
    And for losing put minus sign and reserve the list.

This is because 24 is the system applied since long and everyone is used to it and so the seasons cap league cap are adjusted.

8. Shadow Moon!

Infamy should be awarded by ranking and ranking includes
    Damage
    Fire
    Freeze
    Kills
    Heal etc

All contributions

9. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

Currently the star system is a measure of how much you have contributed. If a shooter who dealt 10000 damage got 2 stars, and a speeder who dealt 5000 damage and did some stun/frost and got 2 stars, both of them have contributed more or less the same towards winning the match. And the shooter will get 36 infamy and the speeder got 12? This is not fair at all

10. BasedCarpen

Selfish fixers do just this and get rewarded stars, it's a strategy. Healing someone that does less damage than you can healing yourself isn't as effective

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Should it include stuns and blocked shots with tesla shield?

Neptune_Gaming and The Otherguy like this.
  12. BasedCarpen

This system rewards stun frost depending on how much he assisted the shooter he may get ranked above him.

13. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

If 2 players get the same number of stars, the player who dealt the most damage is ranked higher. Usually I don’t care about my rank in a match because the infamy gain/lose is the same. But if the infamy is based on what you have suggested, then it would be highly unfair to speeder/enforcer/fixer.

14. General Bakshi

General Bakshi New Member

Freelancer/Marketing/Illustrator
  15. BasedCarpen

It's fine to debate "the sauce" in awarding ranking, I think it's about as fair as possible as is. You will never have a system everybody agrees on who contributed most. The current system in this matchup the person dealing exactly 0 damage is being rewarded the same infamy as the person doing 11,585 damage. I'm not sure how anybody can consider this fair, it's broken as could possibly be.

Tmfh67401 and Cyn like this.
  16. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

As of now, the ranking is first based on stars then based on damage dealt. Players who get the same number of stars (stars given are already based on damage/frost/stun/fire/heal all sort of contribution) are ranked based on damage done, and according to the devs, it’s only for cosmetic purpose. That’s why your suggestion won’t work, or at least it’s not “more fair” than the current infamy system.

17. BasedCarpen

I don't believe the current star system is flawed at all, in fact some often argue frost/stun/flame already is weighted too heavily against actual damage done

18. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

The fire contribution will be adjusted in the current update ;)

19. BasedCarpen

Well like I said I'm fine with debating the sauce and perfecting it, that's not an argument for keeping the system now.

20. BasedCarpen

Unless you would like to defend the person doing 0 damage being rewarded the same as the person grinding out 11,585 so his team can win I believe we have come to a pass, our sense of what is fair is just different.