1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What is ping?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Sh@rp shooter, 28 Jan 2018.

Tags:
  1. Sh@rp shooter

Sh@rp shooter Active Member

Hi folks
    Can someone explain me what is ping that we see at the bottom of side screen. Also how it affects our game experience.
    Ps: i usually get 450-500 m/s ping and game works fine but these days i am getting it around 20000 and the game lags like hell, cant play anything.

2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Ping is when you send out a signal, and listen for the “ping”, to see if something is ‘out there’; like echo location on a submarine; but it’s also used in computer networking to test if another computer (often a server) can be reached, and what the connection speed is. Most servers are set-up to respond to ping requests by sending a ‘signal’ back, which is useful for troubleshooting connections.

The ping number in your game tells you your connection speed to the Battle Bay server. Smaller numbers are faster. 2000 is really slow.