1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What I have found about events so far..

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by SupremeCalamitas, 26 Jul 2018.

1. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    complete idiot mode A C T I V A T E D

• They are all great for dealing damage ( especially CTF, I deal 16000 damage per round and I'm only mk4)
    • Most of them revolve around kills ( even CTF, have to kill carrier)
    • They are fun
    • Community tends to have few complaints ( aside from faulty gear score, which was fixed.)

Sidd gamer and Help I Cant Swim like this.
  2. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

my coplaints aside (matchmaking again-seal clubbers):)
    especially this event is awesome, all ships are good for this mode (finally!) so noone needs to switch to different boats
    it's easy to deal tons of damage (pushed my record to slightly over 21k with mk4 shooter and did 20k multiple times, 10k+ in almost all battles) when you know how to use your ship and when you understand your role
    chasing down speeders and enfos in shooter while blowing them up is awesome feeling, no ship is op nor under-powered (good job devs)
    only problem I had (except for the seal clubbers, these seems to be part of the events;)) are players who don't know what to do-slow shooter picking flag right before speeders goes through it, slow, low health shooters rushing right into enemy team, speeders and enfos hanging around base, fixers (with team healing items) focusing on dealing damage, not on healing flag carrier, still imho the best event so far!

What's Up Player and Kurd1stan. like this.
  3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I’m getting 40k-50k damage every single game. I don’t care about coins or capturing. I am just destroying as many fools as possible.

4. Jimbot

Jimbot Well-Known Member

Doing exactly the same. Personally I think both sides should be given win rewards on a draw though. I did 41977 damage, and got 2 coins. Somethings wrong with that. My team amounted to about 20-30k in total.

5. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

One time, my team lost, but I had the flag for a long time and dealt the most damage so I got 10 coins.

6. SupremeCalamitas

Wow

Kurd1stan. likes this.
  7. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

Screenshot_٢٠١٨-٠٧-٢٦-٢١-٢٨-٠٩.png i don't remember how much flags i have returned (if any ) but 3 coins for 75k damage (╯°□°)╯ , they should stop counting "draw " as "lose"

8. SupremeCalamitas

I take back it being fun.

https://replay.battlebay.net/MXXDVNPW#VJQWKBTD

I was literally the only one TRYING to protect the flag. AND there was a floater. I gave up at the end because of how STUPID my teammates were.

My leg hurts.

9. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I was playing with @Shadow Moon! earlier and I got by far the most damage, but I was holding the flag and I brought it back to him for him to score so we both got 10 coins. You definitely get a lot of coins for progressing the flag to your base if your team scores on it.

10. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Lol at that Lvl49 Mk4, ouch...

11. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

To be perfectly honest, you rejected the idea of tiered rewards, so we shouldn't refer to them as seal clubbers anymore.

Using an underleveled ship is the best strategy for maximizing your coins per hour. It is not only allowed, but encouraged in the current system.

12. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I went through a string of matches where all 4 of my teammates were protecting our flag, and I was the only one trying to capture. Unfortunately the unfriends had 3 guarding, and no way for me to win a 1v3. I kept trying, I kept calling Capture!, no one ever came, and we lost of course because winning requires an actual capture.

13. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

Lol, sorry bro, i'm 1 of those enfos. I have tried capturing flag but always end up being shot from every direction then died quickly. Maybe because my HP is not hight enough.
    I however find myself do better job at defense with enfo, especially chasing enemy's speeder or enfo who manage to snacth the team flag :)

Sidd gamer likes this.
  14. ShipCrusherCz

I rejected the idea, but that doesn't mean it's normal that ace and NM players use T5R and t1L in combination with t1E and t1R to decrease their gearscore to get matched with normal lower mk players...
    would it be fair if someone like AM, Banderas etc. took his t5L items and some low tier epics/legendaries to get matched with low NM or ace players?

15. xArrogance

Uhh lol ... you think they have to substitute gear to get those matches? It would take way too long to find matches against all max legendary players or even all max epics players .. and matching the same people over and over would get boring.

(Edit - There are fewer players using their best gear in events than in normal matches - so matches like this are also necessary to avoid long wait times).

Screenshot_20180727-102941.png

So what incentive do other mk6/7 players have to use their top tier ships? When they can get easier matches and more coins by "experimenting" with lower tier boats ...

Last edited: 27 Jul 2018
  16. ShipCrusherCz

so now you approvedy that the problem is caused by high level players
    so it's not logical to decrease the rewards at lower tiers because the primal problem is at high infamy/gear score, so something should be changed there, not at low levels

17. xArrogance

I don't know what some of those words are ...

But "problem" ... I don't see any problem.

And "decrease" rewards? I never said that either. I said scale the rewards up as the tier of boat increases, so those with higher tier ships have an incentive to use them.

18. ShipCrusherCz

you agreed with Nicolas, part of his suggestions contained decrease of rewards for low level players, you even said that the rewads should be "scaled" in the way Nicolas suggested, this "scaling" contained change of coins required per box, at max, you would need 90 coins to get a box, that's just decreasing rewards, not scaling them
    and NM/Ace players who lack the gear and/or skill will keep seal clubbing, no matter the rewards reduction (unless the rewards will be "scaled" so much, that they'll be close to none) or unless devs create system that will make seal clubbing impossible

19. xArrogance

There was a simple solution put forward that would have taken the profitability out of seal clubbing, incentivized players to use their highest tier ships, and perhaps even encouraged them to upgrade their experimental ships.

With fewer seal clubbers, the solution also would have made it easier for lower level players to have fun and do well in their matches - while earning more coins per match.

As a quick reminder, the solution was:

[[Mk1s earn a maximum of 3 coins per event match; Mk2 - 6 coins; Mk3 - 9 coins; Mk4 - 12 coins; Mk5 - 15 coins; Mk6 - 18 coins; Mk7 - 20 coins]].

But, for various short-sided reasons, a number of forum members thought it unfair to increase rewards as a player's level increases - as it does in other areas of this game, most other games, and in real life. Although this solution would have benefited new and old players alike, especially as they progress through the game, the prevailing attitude is to be against anything that does not benefit themselves more than anyone else.

So, obviously, in its current state, the best strategy is to upgrade one ship for infamy pushing and leave the rest as mk1-3 for easier event coin farming (i.e., what people refer to as "seal clubbing").

20. xArrogance

1) I didn't agree with whatever portion you're referring to.

2) You can change gear score and everything else all you want, but it won't stop 100% of people using underleveled boats.

However, if you make the rewards better for higher tier ships, there will be far fewer willing to sacrifice coins for easy matches.

3) Almost anyone can be considered a "seal clubber" by the definition tossed around here .. it's anyone with better items than most of their competition. So, a captain with a mk3 can use a mk1 boat in events - and why shouldn't he when the rewards are the same. Regardless, it's not just nightmare leaguers.

Last edited: 27 Jul 2018