1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What happened to the Hard Core Battles?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Splatt1972, 26 Jan 2019.

1. Splatt1972

Splatt1972 Member

What happened to the Hard Core Battles??? I thought they were supposed to happen in ranked mode... And now they're just totally gone...

HappyUnicorn789 likes this.
  2. HappyUnicorn789

HappyUnicorn789 Well-Known Member

Perhaps Not as popular

3. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

Good riddance.

4. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Ah I think we'll be seeing them again soon. Unfortunately.

Reorge, Fiorell and ViscountSniffit like this.
  5. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

There was a lot of negative feedback for it before it was even released so they didn’t release it in ranked, and they removed their “granular infamy” shortly after it’s own release also. HCTDM is now just an event game mode, and I do prefer it over regular TDM. Sure hope it comes back as well as CTF, 4v4,3v3,2v2,1v1. And many other combinations of things like “boosted” cooldown or any new gamemode will be great. I’ve had my fill of these weapon specific events just about.

6. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I prefer team elimination over hardcore death match.

7. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    multiple boat idea was not good . i rather spend all resources on one boat then multiple boats . and don't even have blue and yellow items for second boat .

8. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Yeah I believe hctdm is coming back but because of all the feedback they have to think twice how to implement it next time. In my opinion the number of kills required for the win makes a huge difference: 10 kill hctdm was just painful because of the snowball effect that happens when another team is losing and they have to use worse and worse ships. That usually resulted lopsided results like 10-3 or 10-4, and the battle was almost never close until the end.

However, hctdm to 5 kills was totally different story, it was actually enjoyable because people had to seriously avoid dying and it felt like team elimination with second chance. 5 kills is still low enough that any form of suicide comes with heavy costs.

envylife likes this.
  9. Djradnad

Djradnad Well-Known Member

I had the opposite reaction, initially I thought the 10kills was annoying cause my teamates were just dying repeatedly, but the matches with lower kill caps were much less enjoyable.

10. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

Totally agree with the last part - I enjoyed the 5 kill HTDM a lot more than the 10 kill one. You really had to try to stay alive in your first boat, so there was a better level of strategy, rather than rushing/suiciding all the time.

11. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Only problem I find with Elimination is Only first two kills matters. After that other team just overwhelm first team by pure numbers.
    5 Kill HCTDM solves that problem.

TheAntiSnipe and envylife like this.