1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What does Infamy mean?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by xbabounex, 30 Mar 2019.

1. xbabounex

xbabounex Member

I was Inf 2300 at 2018 end, now I'm 1200 with a better boat which has been leveled up to lvl49. Infamy means nothing no more. The progression scale disapeared end the game lost its spicy interest. Moreover, I play with too different inf, from -1000 to +2500. Games are unbalanced too often. So, the win/lose ratio is 50% and I have no chance to be back at Inf 2300.

Please, Devs would explain this issue.

Su-57 likes this.
  2. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

It's reasonable for a player to settle into lower Infamy in such a system where they are not leveling up as fast as others around them. Also, some time in mid 2018 matchmaking turned south, matchmaker is not matching players of like Infamy, so statistically it's now even more difficult to climb Infamy than ever, regardless of your gear because matchmaking is basically RNG with huge disparities in Infamy in the matches (I've seen 3000+).

Since then Events have been giving out legendary perks, and everyone has been gaining strength, P2W getting farther and farther ahead.

Also getting to L49 means that your Casual and Event matches are now tougher because matchmaker thinks you need to be matched against all other max captains, which include 5k+ players. Enjoy!

benguin8 likes this.
  3. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Don't play ranked , Infamy don't represent your performance . its just a number which shows how lucky or unlucky you are . i know there are 4-5k infamy players who gonna say its about skills and all but i have seen players who used to be more the 3000 infamy for long . but seems like they forgot all the skills they used to have to reach and stayed at 3000+ infamy now suddenly they became noobs and have less then 1300 infamy . Ranked is broken .

4. Leuco

Leuco Active Member

If players like T Pro can get 5k infamy in a lv38 speeder with 6500 hp, maybe there's more to it than just "getting lucky"

5. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist

there are so many players who lost infamy . now its more about luck as Ranked is broken . maybe you statement was right few months ago before updates but now its broken . and player base is also low so lots of players also complaints about have lowe ranked players in there teams . look at AM he have 14000 gear score and used to be at 4k + infamy after recent update he lost almost 1000 infamy . now he gain some infamy again but game experience is very bad now . and for speeder its little bit different then shooter . shooter can't hit run or come from behind fire and run away . speeder and repear kind of boats have more chance to gain infamy . i have seen one player using big bandage and small bandage on speeder almost 400hp heal per 5 second . he hit and run heal very fast so for that kind of play style its easier to gain infamy then shooter or defender or other boats . but Ranked is broken for sure now its more about luck . if you are getting good teams then its good if you are getting team mates who die in 30-40 seconds then even t5 epic items cane save the battles .

6. envylife

That's the olden days. There's near zero chance that would happen today.

Nikkie! and Su-57 like this.
  7. xbabounex

xbabounex Member

Thanks all guys.
    You sound very aware about how BB works. Differently than I thought.
    Nevertheless, I'm dispointed to see this evolution. The game experience is worse than before without scale, leveling steps or references and at last without goals. We just play for nothing endless.

Question : if Inf is not a rank, why does season league still remain and stil give rewards depending on Inf?

8. Mimmel

Mimmel Member

It’s nowadays. I know the player and he really managed 5k infamy with lvl 41. so, it’s still possible. He is in the top guild, so you can find him easily.

9. envylife

Yea but T Pro is P2W considering only 6k matches and mostly T5E and Legendary items. Keep in mind you can be Captain L1 and have full T5E loadout with money.

That being said there's obviously a lot of skill involved being at 5k, so I don't want to take anything away from their accomplishment.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. envylife

I ask this question every day.

But seriously, Infamy used to be the rank, and they still pretend it is, but it is no longer the case because matchmaking criteria is too wide to be a useful gauge of Infamy +/- at the end of the match. It's broken.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Ser Tomaz

Ser Tomaz Active Member

U got higher skill/exp/gear unfriends, cuz the game is matching u vs 50lvl ones now
    U can improve ur skill, find a good fleet (it may take time to build chemistry) in casual/ event.
    Change setup/ship, ur current one may not work best together (like if u have >=2 canons, u should have a fire wep, if u spam mortars u should use a carronade...)
    Or just wait till they improve rank

12. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    Infamy also work to show ego . as some higher ranked player may talk to lower infamy player like they are superior then them . but there are also lots of good players who remember their own journey from beginning to ace or nm league . they don't judge you based on your infamy .