1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What Blue Item(s) should I build?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by envylife, 6 Sep 2018.

?

What should I build next?

1. T4E Bandage

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. T5E Turbo

5 vote(s)
    41.7%
  3. T5E Small Shield

6 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I have a Shooter and the following Blue items
    • T5E Big Shield
    • T4E Small Shield
    • T4E Turbo
    • No Epic Bandage
    I don't need a Big Shield, but I can focus on building a T5E of one of my T4's or I can build a T4E Bandage. Which would you do?

(I have T5R of all 4 blue items)

*JAWS* likes this.
  2. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

It completely depends upon ur play style. If ur a brawler then go with the std shield. If u play long range, go with the bandage.

I usually play long range and Bandage keeps me alive till the end of the game.

Either way, u better get that turbo to t5. Because what ever play style u play speed is a must. After upgrading it to t5, then u can think of either std shield or a bandage to upgrade.

But again, it's up to you to decide. :)

ShipCrusherCz and BasedCarpen like this.
  3. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Why not consider lube and rudder? Joke.

Finish the small shield.

Makes your boat more versatile when playing other battle bay boats. Ie. Fixer or defender.

Plus...my favorite shooter setup. No bandage. 2 shields. Maxing out above 11k health. Let your fixer heal you. Forget the bandage.

Jaws

4. envylife

I primarily play mid/short range brawler which should favor Small Shield, but I'm still up in the air about bandage vs small shield. On occasion I find myself targeted with my small shield on being over 10k HP, nearly as high as Defenders in the match, so I'll back off to use Bandage, which is comforting when I get hit early because I know I can recover from the hit. I do dream of getting +175 HP ticks of a Bandage some day, and of 12k HP...

5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

At mid/short, shielding is better than bandage... Gearlube is also a good... Oh wait

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  6. envylife

I'm still surprised that T5E Small Shield is winning over T5E Turbo... I figured Turbo would be the runaway choice.

7. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

You only ever need a high enough turbo to be maxed speed. That doesn't mean go to Epic V.

Try this some time during event just to figure out how unnecessary turbo really is....
    Go to your boat. Take turbo completely off. And play a few matches without turbo. Use your speeder. Have everything else on. Just leave off the turbo.

U will realize that turbo is good for a bit of not getting dogpiled from unfriends.

But most of the time as a speeder, enforcer, fixer. A nitro. Or overboost. Gets you fast enough away from unfriends to stay alive and do damage back. Turbo in its own way is a crutch.

Helps. But only slightly.

Maxed Epic V Shields on the other hand, or maxed Epic V nitro, or maxed Epic V overboost....different story.

8. envylife

I play Shooter... and my T5R Turbo puts me at 1.39 out of 1.46 on my MK6. Whenever I get my T4E Turbo I'll see how close to max it gets me.

Shields are a bit over-rated IMO, particularly if you are a Yellow boat with the ability to get away with OB/Nitro/TS. The difference between a T5R and T5E shield is just a single BC/ExC shot. If a max Turbo helps me avoid 2 extra shots, that's better. I've also healed well over 3k on a T5R bandage which is also better than any T5E shield. It's obviously situational.

ShipCrusherCz and PastelPiku like this.
  9. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Depends on ye ship. Upgrade the turbo if you ain't capped yet. Apgrade big shield if shooter or speeder ( or enforcer lul)

10. envylife

I'm a Shooter... and already have a Max T5E Big Shield, so Yellow boats have nothing to gain with a Small Shield build I'm asking about.

Let's say I just barely max out my MK6 Speed and I upgrade to MK7, will the speed increase require a stronger Turbo to max it out as well?

11. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

No, the base speed increases on mk7

12. envylife

The max speed doesn't?

13. envylife

I'm still torn. 7 votes is far from a conclusive opinion.

14. envylife

As a follow-up, as far as I can tell T4E Turbo is enough to max out all MK6 boats and below. Specifically L33? will max out MK6 Enforcer, L37 will max out MK6 Shooter, L38 should max out MK5 Defender and MK5 Speeder is likely maxed out in low 30's. In other words, I have yet to see a need for T5E Turbo... maybe at MK7 levels?