1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT ARE DEFENSE POINTS?

Discussion in 'The World of Battle Bay' started by GuerrillaPvP, 12 May 2017.

1. GuerrillaPvP

GuerrillaPvP Active Member

What is the function of "defense points" on a ship? Do they increase resistance to damage or do they represent extra health?

2. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Yup. As many defense points as you have is how many damage points you take off of every shot that hits u. Currently not that useful except against carronade and maybe missile launchers.

3. OopsV1

OopsV1 New Member

Games Mostly
    They help, but do you really notice the difference in it? Probably not as you level up, others usually level up with you so in the end you'll really not notice it but yes it does have its benefits to your boat.

4. GuerrillaPvP

Ok thanks

5. Steel_Wall

Steel_Wall New Member

If you think about it, it is a lot more beneficial for high HP tanks to have high defence points because they have to take a lot of hits before going down, and if, say, 7 damage points are taken off each hit, you will have preserved more or less enough to survive an extra hit, as long as you are mk2 or above like me. mk6 defenders will preserve enough to take an extra 2 regular cannon hits/non-centered mortar hits.

Mr. Chompers and Pulse Hadron like this.
  6. Raissa tito safaraz

Raissa tito safaraz Active Member

I dont know well but maybe. Defence point help you when you get attacked. For example rail gun's damage is 300 but because your defence point is 5, the damage become 295. Idk this is true or not but in my opinion is like that. Dont judge me if i am wrong. Hope this is useful

7. GuerrillaPvP

8. StyloMilo

StyloMilo New Member

I've always thought the defense points reduce the chance of getting a critical hit

9. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Speaking of this, there should be a blue item that increases defense. It could be called "tough plating".

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    AKA shield. :p

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

Sheilds increase health, but this would increase defense.

12. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Yeah, I was actually surprised that such an item does not exist. Would be great to have one.

Epekka likes this.
  13. StyloMilo

StyloMilo New Member

There's already something like that, you can find it as a perk

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Or a Fixer!

I run def. perks on my shield, but that is more than anything a product of not having seen hp shield perks for ages. Burst damage is what kills you (Fixer perspective here), taking 30 more or less damage doesn't matter when Blacktail crits you for 2k+ or someone lucks out with a railgun

15. HeWhoHasCake

HeWhoHasCake New Member

It drastically lowers the damage of certain fire effects, but (for some reason) not others.

16. Whistler

Whistler Active Member

That's because fire is something that hits many times, defense reduces the strength of each individual hit, so fire damage is reduced many times. Carronade suffers the same effect since it's effectively like a shotgun, fireing a lot of shots at once and everyone of them getting reduced. Weapons that only hit once don't get affected strongly enough for it to actually affect the outcome. If the defense points worked by reducing the damage a weapon does by using percentage (like reducing 5% of damage on hit or so) it would affect more weapons.

17. MaxxxHavoc

MaxxxHavoc New Member

Hey guys, can someone clarify something for me? I understand defence and HP, but is it better to have a bit of each on your ship or in battle which is more beneficial, more defence or more HP? Which is the better perk more defence or more HP? All opinions appreciated. Thanks!

18. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

What infamy are you at?

19. MaxxxHavoc

MaxxxHavoc New Member

818 infamy

20. GuerrillaPvP

You can find out which is better. For example, if you take 1500 damage during a match, but have 10 defense points, you will have saved about 100 hit points. (Avg of 150 damage per shot with 10 shots, #of shots * 10 defense points = 100) If you do this calculation and put in YOUR numbers, you can see which is more beneficial.