1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

What about another sniper nerf

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by HairySpeeder, 14 Sep 2017.

?

Sniper nerf?

1. Yes

21 vote(s)
    29.6%
  2. No

50 vote(s)
    70.4%
  1. HairySpeeder

HairySpeeder Member

So hey guys, what I was wondering if there is any possibility to nerf snipers again. Either way so another -10 Or 15% dmg Nerf or just nerf critchance by at least 10%.
    Once you have all sniper talents this gun becomes unreal! Even though blast cannon and explosive cannon deal more dmg per shot it's still impossible to ever outdamage a sniper cannon that could've been in this slot. No matter what you do. Sniper allows you to hit from the whole map, allows you to crit every third shot,or almost every second shot. And it just doesn't stop being more powerful then the rest of the guns. With blast or explosive cannon you have to get close to someone and will probably get hit 1-2 times landing 1 Or 2 shots yourself. While sniper players(blessed People that got the best item in the game often enough to actually play it) just chill somewhere and hit you with those 1.4k crits without you even seeing them! Eitherway u gotta give snipers another heavy dmg nerf or you gotta make them less useful in close combat. Just like the railgun. I am not simply hating the item cuz I only got one of it. It is insanely op, compared to blast cannon.

Let me hear your thoughts on this guys

Peace

F R U I T

2. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
  3. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Sure, but only if the devs pull a Hearthstone and give me a full parts and sugar refund or let me swap it for an equally leveled and perked alternate weapon of my choice.

4. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. The Otherguy

Tech support
    nerf.png

6. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Seriously guys? I've got a tier 4 rare sniper canon. It deals 413 damage, it does like 1041 damage on a critical hit. Its crit chance is 30%.

I also got a tier 4 rare explosive canon, it deals 911 damage.

Think about it, is that sniper really that much more powerfull than my explosive canon? I think my explosive canon is more reliable than that sniper. Around 3000 infamy a weapon that deals 413 damage just tickles the enemy.

And I didn't even start about the damage I inflict against defenders.

(Edit, I didn't list the correct damage of my Explosive canon, so I corrected it)

Last edited: 14 Sep 2017
  7. The Otherguy

Tech support
    I'm also fine with nerfing crit dmg. :)
    nerf.png

8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

That post you make when the RNG gods don't give you snipers :p:rolleyes:

Want a sniper, I'll sell you one:D
    Screenshot_2017-09-13-20-24-40.png

9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Guys, why dont the devs find a way to nerf sniper cannons at high leagues only? Cos we need dat damage in the 1000s

10. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Sniper already deals LESS DAMAGE than a standard cannon of same lvl with dmg perks! And it has twice bigger cd! So in 10 sec u will land 3 standard cannon shots(300 % dmg) while sniper deals only 2(100%+ MAY BE 250%). Is 50% dmg(which can not even happen) your point? Really?
    Screenshot_2017-09-14-08-38-25.png Screenshot_2017-09-14-08-38-19.png
    Stop whining about no possibility to hit back and a crit chance, that's pathetic.
    According to your logic everybody has to whine about mortars because there are MUCH MORE situations when mortar guys hit you from the wall or enormous subzero waves AND YOU CAN NOT EVEN TRY TO HIT THEM BACK if you don't have one! Such a problem!

11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

You know, the last update showed me that there was no future for the speeder-killing sniper cannons. I scrapped my rare mk1 and uncommon mk3, then went to training and changed all my snipe talents to blast. No regrets at all, since I'm a speeder main nowadays...but I hope that nobody calls for a blast nerf, cuz snipers gotta shoot, man!

12. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Next they're going to cry because their blast cannons can't swim under water like a torpedo

13. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Exactly. That doesnt even count the fact explosive does splash dmg, so u can get way more per hit.
    Sniper is not any more op than explosive, big torp, mine, or any other weapon players use :)

Babablacksheep likes this.
  14. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Yes but it only takes one slot.

Mine shouldn't even be in this discussion, its a whole different animal.

15. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

But explosive cannon is harder to use, has shorter range, slower projectile speed, so it requires a lot more skill than sniper cannon. And also finally it is a TWO SLOT weapon...

behumble and The Otherguy like this.
  16. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

IF you want nerf req ask for weapons are significantly stronger than they should be
    1) Mines (i don't mind them, lot of speeders do)
    2) Big torpedo damage radius

The first nerf sniper received was unnecessary, when there a lot of other OP weapons, and they didn't even think F2P WHO have already invested their time upgrading sniper, stop whining the first nerf was enough

17. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Ever seen a speeder using one, one explosive and flare cycle with stun half your HP is gone and you can't do a single thing to that speeder

18. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Sniper is already a balanced weapon after the first nerf.....nerf again???
    Nerf sniper crit chance by at least 10%?without crew traning it will be -5%! wow...

Wishaal and Babablacksheep like this.
  19. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

And also all that whiners forget that sniper canon has veeery low bonus against burning targets in comparison with blast and explosive cannons because burning doesn't affect crit damage!

I think we should start whining about that! #makeburningaffectcritdmg

20. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

With Sniper being used twice as much as any other weapon (across 400ish Nightmare players) it is surely the weapon to nerf (if you want to nerf anything).
    ---
    Perhaps do a reverse Railgun, i.e. hitting for abit less at long range. People run Sniper because it lets you fire at someone that can't shoot back (or because everyone else does, so you also have too if you want to be relevant).