1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Weapon Idea - Burst Carronade

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Jackyepic, 16 Jul 2017.

?

Should it be added?

1. Definitely!

5 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Yes

11 vote(s)
    44.0%
  3. Nope.

9 vote(s)
    36.0%
  1. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

I think there is a shortage of weapons like Carronade (or shotgun) so I have come up with this idea.

Burst Carronade

Add some firepower to the carronade and you get the Burst Carronade! Fire less projectiles, but more destructive.

Stats: (for comparison)

Carronade
    Damage per shoot: 4x10
    Cooldown: 5.6s
    Range: 6
    Projectile speed: 30
    Spread: 12°
    Slot points: 1

Burst Carronade
    Damage per shoot: 3x16 (1 less projectile than Carronade generally)
    Cooldown: 11.2s
    Range: 12
    Projectile speed: 40
    Spread: 8°
    Slot points: 2

The Burst Carronade will still keep the debuffs for Carronade (speed decrease, turret turning speed decrease) but has a higher precision and a longer range. Carronade isn't usable for every ship and Burst Carronade would be a weapon specialized more for shooters than speeders and enforcers.

Last edited: 16 Jul 2017
    Brendo Lucas likes this.
  2. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    It's good to have new weapons, but if anything this is just a carronade without an extra projectile. This does however raise an interesting idea. What if we could choose between different types of a weapon. We could change the properties of a weapon to increase some stats, and lessen others. That would offer some unique characteristics to the game

TheAntiSnipe and Epekka like this.
  3. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

Yeh. This is intended to give more variety in the weapons. We have many direct hit weapons, cannons and the railgun, AOEs, mortars and the grenade, sneaky weapons, torpedoes and the mine, and incendiary weapons.
    But there seems to be a lack in multi-projectile weapons (which is cool imo). There is the Carronade for short range (basically melee range) and Missile Launcher for long range. We lack a mid-range weapon for it. Since Carronade is a really interesting weapon of its class that brings debuffs, I have come up an idea like this.

TheAntiSnipe and DangerousMartyr like this.
  4. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    i agree whole -heartedly that new weapons NEED to be introduced. there isn't enough options as it is right now. However since the game is based so much on chance when it comes to items, adding a new item will effect that, and make it more difficult to get exactly what you want from the crates. Every game has many things that need to be taken into account, unfortunately in this case the devs need to be cautious about adding anything new as it will make it harder to get certain items, which people will NOT like. (many people hate the system already :/)

5. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

Yeh, that's another problem. The problem of any RNG. However it is up to Rovio to change the system, which will probably decrease the profit... (Rovio is earning a lot please.) My suggestion isn't meant to worsen the RNG problem.

6. AVID

AVID Well-Known Member

me too looking for new weapons, RIVO should add some more weapons to attract users, instead of stucking them with all old weapons.

7. REDBIRDTHELEGEND

REDBIRDTHELEGEND Member

I think they need to add laser that does quick damage but has low duration of attack

El cactus likes this.
  8. REDBIRDTHELEGEND

REDBIRDTHELEGEND Member

and if done right with perfect shot it should be able to deal big torpedo damage but lots of range and the fastest projectile speed (8x speed of sniper

El cactus and The Otherguy like this.
  9. A10B0

A10B0 New Member

Wat about machine gun(s) ?
    Like cal.50 with tracers and armourpiercing rounds

10. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Hmm, I like that...
    Useful against defenders. Sniper cannon damage with low crit chance, but is not affected be defense points.

El cactus likes this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

12. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Heavy cannon
    2 slot, high single target damage, pierces armor and looks badass.
    Edit: Looks like a modern antitank sniper rifle

The Otherguy likes this.