1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

We need other star crates

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Jackyepic, 7 Jun 2017.

?

Should this happen?

1. Definitely!

50 vote(s)
    72.5%
  2. Yes?

18 vote(s)
    26.1%
  3. Nope.

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

The current use of stars is merely to buy the star crates, which mainly gives you uncommon items. Useful to me and many players, but I can imagine it going useless late-game as uncommon weapons won't do much damage.

My idea is to add a 50-star star crates in blue colour. (just like the warrior league reward)
    It will contain:
    5 random rare parts or better
    3 rare cells or better
    Mainly gives rare items. 50 stars for a crate is pretty expensive but I think it is a fair price for rare items. Also make it refresh only one for a day so that people cannot spam rare items.

What do you think?

Last edited: 7 Jun 2017
  2. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games

This was a thing back then. It got removed when parts/cells came in. Premium chest i believe was The replacement

Andy0929 and The Otherguy like this.
  3. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

Premium chests are entirely different. 400 pearls is hard to gather and it's partly for epic items.

4. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I am saying that there was a rare box exactly what you said, 50 stars to get it. It was removed in the parts and cells update just before globa launch

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

Yeh, I was looking up what exactly that thing was. By viewing the good old days which I hasn't been through...

Premium crates sucks. It is just too hard to get enough rare items to advance. Not talking about epics, f2p won't have the chance to actually get one to T2.
    I don't even bother looking at the epic container. Even if I try to farm enough pearls, I can imagine how that legendary part will eat up a space in my inventory for an eternity.

The in-game shop needs some working, definitely.

Amaogi, Shadow Moon!, Ultrah and 4 others like this.
  6. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    I did the math, it takes nearly 500 stars to get an epic container. I calculated it using the amount of pearls it costs to get 1 star which is 8 and divided it by the cost price of the epic container.

487.5 to be exact.

Premium chest is worth 50 stars. So i say its slightly better? Because there is a chance you can get epics from premium chests after all.

7. Jackyepic

Jackyepic Member

The chance for an epic from a premium crate is like getting hit by a lightning. And you can even get something as epic as an epic gear lube.

8. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Back in the day you could buy 50(rare box) or 150 (epic box) -- But now its "much" easier to acquire items if @Miika is correct ;)

9. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

*much* HAHAHA *sarcasim*

Mr. Chompers and • Percy • like this.
  10. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Perk star crates! Don't know the specifics to make it balanced but it sure sounds nice

11. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Awesome idea. Seeing as uncommon items are pretty much useless once you get to a high enough infamy

12. Kustomz

Kustomz Active Member

I got an Epic Blast Cannon from a premium crate in the first week i started playing! Blast Cannon is perfect for my Enforcer build

13. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    yea i got a t3 epic canon!

14. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  15. Lightsoutokyo

Lightsoutokyo Member

I had a similar idea where it wouldn't cost us 50 stars but maybe 30 or 35 stars for the rare boxes but there definitely needs to be a rare crates

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. Kitterini

The removal of the good star crates was a massive slap to f2p/low spender progression rate.

We used to have 50=rare & 150=epic. They would randomly appear in the shop though, so not always available like we have now. But players that did play alot and stored stars (and/or pearls to compensate for missing stars) was able to gear up at a very different pace than we can now.

Miss the good old days! Did sadly not get many weeks at a high enough level to capitalize.

17. Miika

Miika Game Lead

They appeared once per month, and you had to be on quite high level to even fit 150 stars in your inventory. Now you can get epics randomly from just opening the free and star boxes on all levels. It's always been rng, now it's just rng in a different way. Memories grow sweeter with time. :)

Mr. Chompers and Miathan like this.
  18. Kitterini

Maybe I was incredibly lucky then, I was surely seeing them more frequently (and add the enjoyment of rares for 50 stars in the meanwhile). Using pearls to cover for missing stars was quite a different deal than 3900 pearls for a guaranteed epic though.

There is some truth to memories growing sweeter over time sure -- But it is hardly disputeable that item acquisition (epics in particular) was slowed down significantly when the shop system changed. I know you posted otherwise at the time & told us to give it time. Without trying to be disrespectful, I will happily repeat that the change made finding epic duplicates much harder than before. Different rng absolutely, but much decreased odds added on top of uncontrolable RNG instead of RNG with an element of choice (I did not have to buy every epic I didn't want before, now I have to buy the pieces and pray for luck after spending 2.8 million gold).

Loving the game, but the shop patch was depressing for every f2p & low spending player --- However, the best argument I can give you for the old system is that I spend more money back then. I was happy to buy pearls when I could pick what to spend them on rather than being limited to playing item roulette. Swap it back & my spending will increase ;)

19. BEN

BEN Active Member

The old shop was more accommodating to casual players who could spend a couple bucks every now and then. On average you get an epic box and a few random epic items per month. All you had to do was maintain around 1.5mil in gold which would take about 2-3 days so you can buy the epic perk/item if it comes out in the shop... and get 150 stars for the epic box which should take about 2 weeks if you play 10 games a day. If you do this and happen to fall short before you can come up with 1.5m/150 stars, then all you had to do was spend around 5-10 dollars and use pearls to cover the difference. Youll even have a couple hundred pearls left. You didnt need to play any more than 10 a day because youll max out your gold and stars while waiting for the epics to come out.

Ive been playing for more than a year now. Spent around 50-70 dollars total, played 5-10 games a day, always finished my quests, always tried to stick to 1.5m/150 stars and only ever bought pearls when I fell short which rarely happened. I did miss a couple epics that I couldve bought but decided to pass on some. All in all I have farmed 1 item that I can evolve to tier 5, 2 items to evolve to tier 4, and 3 tier 3's. I definitely got more than that but sold all the epics I didnt want/need because of build fit or due to nerfs.

Now its either grind to death to come up with as much resources as possible, or cough up a boat load of money to get epics and legendaries. There is no more in-between. Luckily I started playing early. If I started now, I most likely would have quit.

20. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Isn't 50 a bit much for a rare?. Make it 30 or 40 stars