1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

We Need Help For FIXER Nubs Like Me

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by NoTtIaN, 19 Jul 2018.

1. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    write down anything that can help fixers like me. Here is me loadout.
    44FBC0B9-C899-40FA-8170-9B80AD8B0AA0.png
    1. I’m low on resources. Donate them to me through the next ‘request feature’ (where you give them resources, but you only spend 1/2), or the black market.
    2. My stuff is weak. I ‘totally’ didn’t scrap the stuff when I was younger.
    3. I play other ships. It’s hard for me to NOT think about me other ships and start cheating :eek::p
    Should I even continue? (But people CLAIM it’s the fastest way to progress)

2. wreck your day

wreck your day Well-Known Member

Enforcer! And future ultimate selfish fixer >:D
    :rolleyes:

3. Fixer sa Recto

Fixer sa Recto Well-Known Member

4. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

Sewah and NoTtIaN like this.
  5. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I'm not sure flare is the best weapon for fixer. Flare is good when used as part of a combo, but if a ship is attacking you, you need instant damage, not damage over time.
    Will the big torp fit?

6. Fixer sa Recto

flare is the best weapon so far. cannon buff and heal debuff.

7. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Yes those are advantages of a FG. But my reasoning for suggesting it’s not good for a fixer are:
    • As a fixer, ideally you don’t want to be in line of sight if enemy. Healing from cover is best.
    • Flare has a reasonable range, but not a great one. If you’re behind your team, then it’s a long shot to the enemy.
    • If a ship is very close to you, and actively targeting you, damage over time is probably too slow to protect you unless they’re really low on health.
    Big torp has the advantages for fixers of:
    • It doesn’t take a lot of aiming. You can shoot it off quickly and hope for splash damage.
    • It isn’t hampered by range (though own teammates can get in way)
    • It does a lot of damage if it hits.
    Anyway, I just wanted to explain my reasoning further. But this is a game of opinions, and ultimately it’s yours that counts most in this case. So if you think FG is bets for you, then definitely keep using it.

CaffeinatedChris likes this.
  8. Fixer sa Recto

oh i apologize, was referring to a selfish one. but still, running on torp puts you on handicap facing yellow boats. they will just get close to you.

ShipCrusherCz and YerJokinArnYer like this.
  9. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Yes, you'll see many mk6's running mine as a second weapon as it is a deterrent against speeders.

10. Mon4 Lot

Mon4 Lot Member

Hp perks in shield instead of defence and use your EC or sniper, even RG. You need a weapon to defend yourself against those pesky little yellow boats.

11. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    fire gives you AN AUTO EXTRA STAR. and it buffs your teammates. :);)

xArrogance likes this.
  12. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

As a Fixer you really shouldn't be close enough to the enemy to reliably hit Flare shots. If you absolutely want the stars, get a Firebomb and stay safe in the back.

Otherwise, fit:
    Big Torpedo for the fire-and-forget damage.
    Explosive or Blast Cannon for discouraging Speeders.
    Railgun for the long-range surgical strikes and "You just got smoked by a Fixer" embarrassment points.
    Sniper Cannon is also an option but you have to find crit% perks and respec away from Blast.

And try to find Shield HP perks instead of Defense. You're guaranteed to have one Fixer every match - you.

13. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    He’s not high enough level yet so prolly doesn’t have those talents unlocked.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  14. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

You have the right idea with your loadout, but I’d suggest a little tweaking....

Most importantly swap out your epic bolt for the box, and finish leveling that to 20. You WILL be targeted, every match. Your current loadout doesn’t give you enough self heals to stay alive. A dead Fixer is a useless Fixer. Also, as it’s been stated before, swap out your defence perks for HP perks. They serve you better.

Keep leveling your rares. You’ll collect them faster than your epics. Switch over to your epics when you can make T4. Don’t get hung up on “running epics”, I got very far on rares alone.

For your yellow item, try playing a few games with OB and then with Nitro. I swear by Nitro, but that’s just me.

As for a weapon, you have lots to choose from, and have had lots of great suggestions, I will offer another. I play as a support Fixer, so I use more crowd control options. Napalm is great for this. You can block off path ways or isolate a stray boat that’s wandered off from the pack. Also perfect for hiding your teammates mines inside. ;)

Use the terrain to shield you from the enemies. Heal from the safety of cover. Use your pulse for the boats that stick close by, your bolt for those that are just out of pulse range, and use the box for self heals & also try to drop them away from the action so your speeders & enfos can heal on the fly, without needing to wait on you.

Most importantly; while it is your job to heal the team, don’t feel like you need to chase down the stragglers. Let them die all alone. Either stick with the pack, or pick one teammate you feel will be most effective and follow them.

Lastly, if your playing for stars........don’t play fixer. Lol.

15. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I always advice fixer to join the duct side.

U got no duct at the moment so my advice;
    Change ur FG to other high alpha damage weapon because ur purpose is to heal and not mainly attack.

If u want to be frontline fixer, change ur weapon to BC and carry 2 pulse 1 bolt.

If ur get duct tape, try it.

U can be all in 1 ship.

The feeling is awesome!!!

ShipCrusherCz and NoTtIaN like this.
  16. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    **the icon should be a penguin with a fixer hat** :rolleyes::p
    Just, say a weapon that I have pls.
    And, I have 2x pulse, but that’s for mk6.

I have little healing weapons cause OTHER people (eheh, totally not me) told me to scrap them. :oops::p
    I have box, but ehh,
    The trainings are on the tape :oops::rolleyes: