1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

VIP subscription extra

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by nosesabe, 28 Jun 2018.

1. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

Since a long time ago I feel like the VIP isn’t worth it. Is not about the money, it’s about what it gives you.

In my opinion, the only thing that the vip directly helps you a bit with is with the 20% faster research, and 20% is not a lot... You can’t buy more parts (the shop doesn’t refresh more often), you don’t win more gold/sugar/pearls, etc.

I really would like an improvement to it, at list something more, ringht now it gives you close to nothing that helps you individually. If that happens I would probably start buying it again. I bet many players feel the same way and if it helps the devs win more money... why not?

The faster it gets implemented, the faster you start winning more money.

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I couldn't imagine having to watch ads :eek:

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Oh, 20% is A LOT, mate. 14.4 hours cut down from a 3 day training. That's 28.8 hours down from the longest trainings in the game.

But yes, VIP needs more.

Flipscuba and nosesabe like this.
  4. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I made a whole long list of suggestions that VIP ‘could’ include to make it better. Reposting here:

Stackable guild quests (if I can’t do three quests, then at least let me do one quest twice)
    More daily quests (it would be nice to always have at least one)
    Free to retrain crew and swap perks
    Better free crates
    (at least green ones, grey is pointless)
    Better star crates (blue or purple for high ranked players)
    Better care packages (no more grey)
    Unlimited/extended inventory. (Which would promote loyalty)
    Access to your full battle log.
    Improve rewards on calendar
    (or have them improve, the longer you go without missing a day)
    Reduce the gold cost of buying ships (so you can realistically level up more than 1).
    Better offers (Especially for upgrading your low tier weapons).

Spinners71 and Flipscuba like this.
  5. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

I only need 1 thing, free, instant re-train, that's it, i can trade it for VIP chat or the 1 extra care packages refresh since the only thing it does is just skipping ad.

6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

That alone makes VIP worth it to me. Ads drive me bonkers.

ninjamutantti likes this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I’d rather it added something of value, rather than just removing a nuisance.

I don’t think it’s ‘worth it’ just for skipping adds. A lot of apps let you skip adds for a small one-time payment. VIP costs me more than Netflix; It costs me more than Xbox Live Gold.

Will I pay it? Yes, just because I hate the adds. But that doesn’t make it a good deal. I feel I’m paying well over the odds for that.

ninjamutantti and nosesabe like this.
  8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Yea, it's definitely subjective that I like removing ads. I am fine with adding more stuff. Especially now that so many VIP members are max leveled and no longer need the training boost. I'd love to see instant, free training swaps.

9. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

I’d like quite a lot a dev reply about this

10. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I've paid $3 to permanently remove ads in other games. In BB that gets you a week.

In addition to skipping ads I'd like to see it better increase progression, as I fear it would just unbalance me. I can just see me getting to level 50 and feeling like a fool still running T5 Rares. I'd like to see an increase in Epic piece drop rate for VIP to balance that out.

11. Flipscuba

Flipscuba Well-Known Member

P R E A C H .

But, given what Rovio is like, inb4 they just add a higher tier VIP for more money instead.

Oh my god, I never knew I wanted that and now it's the thing I want MOST in this game.

Like another slot so you can see 4 at a time? If so, HELL yes.

Even one per day would be dope, especially for perk swapping.

This is simultaneously your best idea and IMO by far the least likely. Just look at how much they THINK the higher level inventory expansions are worth. Even an extra 1 or 2 expansions, at the high levels, is a decent little chunk of change.

Last edited: 28 Jun 2018
    ViscountSniffit likes this.
  12. PeterNorth

PeterNorth New Member

Well said about the Netflix comparison. Netflix has for the most part, kept their prices around 10 dollars ever since they had streaming and they have kept adding value to it with shows. Similarly, VIP should do the same. I agree the value to just skip ads is poor for what we are paying.

In this game where buying your way is an option and a strategy to improve, VIP should be another alternative to how one utilizes his or her time, playstyle and levels

13. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    VIP could use extra * bass boost* ( I still feel extremely uncomfortable censoring purposefully :( help me). Would make much more MUNZ

how bout extra damage and health in battle?

14. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

1 thing : don't forget that there are many no-VIP players , so don't make it OP and say " devs will make more money and subscriber will get more THINGS and that is a WIN-WIN and no one loses " ;):)

Last edited: 29 Jun 2018
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

NOPE. That will be too much.

Ackoroth likes this.