1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Update Info !

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Grim Repair, 5 Sep 2018.

1. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Fellow Battlers!

First of all: a big thank you for all your feedback so far. I know to a lot of you the last update with it's major changes to agility have come as a shock as it was unexpected. Big changes to a game are definitely scary, we understand that.
    Based on everything we have heard and experienced within the past 24h, here are the top things we are already looking into
    1. An initial balancing hotfix:
      For Shooter, Defender and Speeder: the ship turning speed is higher than turret turning speed.
      Which makes aiming very difficult. We will adjust that.

We will look at further balancing next week - so stay tuned!
    2. Reviewing Gatling Gun performance and how it interacts with defense!
    I will keep you all posted as soon as we can tell more. :)

Update: Please see this thread for the hotfix details!

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/3-2-hotfix-notes.21933/

For those who may have missed also our dev reply yesterday to explain a few questions that have come up please read below:

Last edited by a moderator: 8 Sep 2018
  2. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

3. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Whew,at least sometimes those devs are willing to hear the feedback on the community!

4. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

5. NadaWaK

NadaWaK New Member

Hello and thank you for taking into account the comments of your users.
    And for the enforcer? This is my favorite boat and I see it is not mentioned in your changes.

Winter Chicken and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  6. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Thanks for the reply!

However, I think the solution is not only to make agility and turret agility adjustable, but to also decrease max stats for these 2. It breaks the balance between ships to have defenders and shooters turning their turret at you with that ease! Some have said they're already adapting to these changes, so making it adjustable wouldn't make the gama balanced again...

I'm a main Enfo with Carronade. My setup doesn't seem usable anymore :( And ofc Enfo and Fixer agility needs to be reduced as well, Enfo is hard to handle and Fixer is way too difficult to hit this way... it concerns me that you have mentioned only Defender, Shooter and Speeder :eek:

7. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Good job, Devs. There was plenty of criticism and suggestions and it looks like action was taken as swiftly as a Swift Trop. :)

Help I Cant Swim likes this.
  8. V__

V__ Well-Known Member

Fixer is fine, loving it tbh, enforcer is just too much, too OP comparing to other boats.

9. Aether_Zero

Aether_Zero Well-Known Member

I'm probably gonna attract some salt for this, but hey.
    Please don't send us back to how it was before the update! Maybe shave some points off the stats if you absolutely have to, but please do it carefully. A lot of people don't like the new agility, but at the same time, a lot do. So if you go too harsh one way or the other, you'll end up upsetting one set of folks or another.
    Also, hoping the gattling gun gets balanced a bit quicker, it has great potential, but at the moment, unless you're in a situation where you can pay to get dupes quicker from chests etc, it's pretty much unusable atm

XQT and JhonnyNS like this.
  10. Meibel Leal

Meibel Leal New Member

Good morning, Devs.
    One thing I kept thinking about was reading the players' comments. Did you say that they made the event as a test for this update right? But this event had many complaints, several players commenting that they were not enjoying the event and not participating. This should have been taken into account, because if most did not like to spend 3 days playing with the boat like this, imagine playing the rest of the life. I sincerely hope that you can customize this option, because it is difficult to play even. So far I've tested all the settings that you have made available in the game, but so far I have not been able to play yet.

11. nikeej

nikeej Active Member

Why is it always a reactive response from the Devs to salvage a scenario that could have been prevented?

Why not have a proactive approach to such a scenario?
    You have the MVPs to assist communication but why can't a poll be done to receive suggestion prior to implementation?

I understand that all creative minds has a sense of pride in creating their "baby", but hasn't history repeat itself numerous times across any major update?

1. Max agi
    2. Event rewards restructure
    3. Frost nerf
    4. Etc

12. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

Thanks

13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

If you're even lucky enough to get that 1/20 chance.

Aether_Zero likes this.
  14. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

I agree with you.

I also prefer things as they are now, in fact they should have been like this from the beginning.

It's sad that this change came so late, which causes this uncontrolled whine of those who do not support this change.

JoshW and Aether_Zero like this.
  15. Mervin

Mervin Active Member

16. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    shooter and defender never meant to be so agile and very high turret rotation.25k health ships turning in less than 1 secods to chase the fixers.Something is terribly wrong.And i expected devs to test gatling gun in real scenario with the famous players before launching it.How they miss this?But thanks for listening to us

17. FiiNami

FiiNami Active Member

Enfo and fixer are pretty fine, in fact maybe better as it is now..so why some asking for rebalancing? Maybe adapt as well, not just moaning hmm

XQT and JoshW like this.
  18. -FIN-

-FIN- New Member

Big changes to a game ≠ unbalanced gaming. What happens now is the latter. It's not scary, it's frustrating.

If you read the endless comments and feedbacks in other threads, you'll see it's not about "aiming" problems.
    As everyone can see, the Shooter's aim actually improved drastically against more agile ships.

But you chose to adjust that. Ok.

OH GOD ALMIGHTY. The fact the gatling doesn't penetrate a ship's defence is really a thing you haven't considered while developing the weapon?
    Will you fix that by removing the Defence property from all the ships as you did with rudder and gear lube items? :)

I don't understand the smile... everyone here is frustrated.

There has been great underestimation of how maxxing agility to all ships would influence the game. If people weren't using rudder or gear lube doesn't make you think they like how their ships behad?

19. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

Only immutable humans.

JoshW likes this.
  20. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

When exactly is this hotfix?