1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Unusual combination of talents, items and ship tier? Why?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by _devill, 24 Aug 2018.

1. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Can someone help me understand why I'm getting this message for every event match? The gear I'm using is the same I use for ranked matches. And I do know that infamy is not considered here so I'm missing something.

Screenshot_20180824-234829.png

In case you wanna see what setup I use here it is.

Screenshot_20180824-234028.png

So what's going on here? Every match is supposed to be fair and I end up among 9 NM players who have better offensive and defensive gear. If I'm that good then I guess my infamy should be 4000 by default. :D

Anyway, any help will be appreciated. I don't have epic big shield or bandages so I can't change anything tthere. Any other changes which might help can only be done with whatever is visible in my inventory in the screenshot.

@The Grim Repair
    I read something about this long before but couldn't find that thread. If this is a duplicate please move it. Thanks.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  2. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I will also see this every so often when changing loadouts. It would be nice if they could tell us what is wrong with our setup instead of just saying something is wrong lol.

KrissyCak3s and _devill like this.
  3. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

I get hit with this on my regular infamy loadout as well. I've found an alternate loadout to get rid of the message, but it comes back when I choose to fleet.

In the case of @_devill, I think the big torpedo might be throwing the system flag. I'd rate it a full tier higher than any of the other equipment. Have you tried swapping it for the flare gun, either EC, or swift torp?

4. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

It's probably the turbo. Turbo gearscore bonus from perks is way too much, +20% for each epic perk. The same thing happens to me too because turbo gearscore is too much + it's my best item.

5. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I guess they don't do that because it would help people exploit the system more.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  6. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I suppose thats true

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  7. _devill

Yep I did. Swapped big torp with flare, leggy and rare EC and even swift. I still see the message displayed for every match.

What I don't understand is what is throwing the red flag. I mean it would be easier if a description is included or maybe highlight the weapon equipped on my ship that's messing up the calculation.

8. ●H€ll-Blad€●

●H€ll-Blad€● Active Member

Doctor
    i was running my normal fixer/speeder setup this event.i got same message also

9. _devill

Good point. At the same time turbo is more or less a necessity and doesn't benefit in any way to deal damage or add hp to ship. At my infamy everyone is using at least a t4 or a t5. If I remove turbo my ship will turn into a slug with low hp. I can try playing without turbo to see if it's really the problem. Then we can ask devs to tweak this cos I'm way outta my league with matchmaking and getting all NM in matches where your hp is less than a fixer doesn't help.

10. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

It's a bug if not straight up bad code. I'm gonna go with bug.

Devendra328 and _devill like this.