1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Unique Special Abilities!

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Braindawgs1ST, 27 Oct 2017.

?

Do you like this idea?

1. Yes!

10 vote(s)
    45.5%
  2. Unsure..

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  3. NOPE.

6 vote(s)
    27.3%
  1. Braindawgs1ST

Braindawgs1ST New Member

Hey guys I’m new, I just wanted to suggest an idea to bring some extra uniqueness to all the boats!

Special abilities? Yup, so what I mean is perhaps some kind of ability that is unique to individual boats. Maybe a button you press that can activate the ability during battle... or something along those lines.

Anyway, my ideas for each boat are as follows:

Shooter: RAPID FIRE! ZERO cool-down between the firing of weapons. This would for a short time allow a Shooter to fire all its weapons consecutively without the 1 second cool-down between shots.

Speeder: OVERDRIVE! The Speeder would see an increase in it’s Speed and Agility stats for a short duration.

Enforcer: The Enforcer is a tricky one.. since it’s a balance between all the boats, the Enforcer could have a mix between all the boats Special Abilities.
    I feel this would entice more players to adopt and utilise the Enforcer, as I do not see very many out there on the Bay :(

Defender: TANK! For a short duration (You see the pattern here) the Defender will basically become a sponge, defence points will be ramped up and make the Defenders charges even MORE terrifying.
    This could also make defence point perks more useful, as having more would mean an enhanced Special Ability.

Fixer: MEGA PULSE! Yes, this pulse would be huge, and I mean that.. it would effectively heal your entire team regardless of where they are on the map. The amount of healing, and weather or not it should be tick or a burst of heals could be debated..

Just a quick note about balancing, I think these “Special Abilities” should only be able to be activated ONCE per battle.
    This would ensure people use them more strategically. Or hopefully anyway...

The CON I see in this, is people just using an Ability in a pinch, like in 1v1s.. or when they are just about to be sunk. Could get annoying.
    To counter that, maybe an Ability Energy Bar? Certain amount of damage or heals to charge up the ability before use? I don’t know.. I’ll let you guys figure that one out.

So yeah! There you go, I’m sure people have already thought of this one before.. I just personally haven’t seen a post on it.

And remember these are just my ideas, so please feel free to suggest your own Special Ability ideas for the all the boats! :)

Mr. Chompers and Littl3-R3d like this.
  2. Littl3-R3d

Littl3-R3d Active Member

Shooter ablility is not sich a good idea since it can already put of so much damge per second it should be like more accuracy or hit chance of crit

Speeder with speeder is alright since it is in its name but it should be like a telaport you can put in the water that has like 500 hp to be not overpowered,and to get out of those sticky situations

Enforcer ablitily is kinda tricky for this but maybe adding like a small hp boost around 500-100

Defender is already a tank tbh maybe like decrease clowdown for weapons for 10-15 seconds

Fixer would be better to have the ablitily to heal a sunk ship

They should most likely be a one time use per battle and unlocks around lvl 20
    Could be upgraded with sugar
    And it should be like one ablility per 3-5 matches

Braindawgs1ST likes this.
  3. OurTeamIsNoob

OurTeamIsNoob Active Member

NOPE
    It would be way too overpowering.
    Imagine American Mauruder using that shooter ability.
    i can see it being used to easily win a 1v1.

4. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Are u the same guy in around 1100-1700 infamy?Im support guy In game, do u remember me? ;)

5. OurTeamIsNoob

OurTeamIsNoob Active Member

nah i am 3300+ infamy

6. Braindawgs1ST

Braindawgs1ST New Member

I do see how it could be overwhelming, it would have to balanced out by short duration and some kind of “energy” mechanic. Maybe perhaps only one person could activate the whole battle once earned.
    Although, it being a special ability.. it would have to be powerful to some extant, as it might not then seem so special :)

7. Scourge Argaen

Scourge Argaen Well-Known Member

I like the idea and you could have a variety of suggestions for each ship that you select one of before each match. You'd want them to be a benefit and interesting mechanic to a match without being OP. Each player should be able to use a special ability but only once per game. Some of my thoughts are (not to take credit for suggestions already discussed prior to my post):

Shooter
    Barrage - you lock on to a target dealing sustained damage over 5 seconds.
    Air Strike - A reasonably sized area is designated for an air strike, ships within the area take sustained damage over 5 seconds.
    Furor - All damage is increased by 15% for the next 10 seconds.

Enforcer
    Camouflage - Your ship is invisible for 10 seconds, the next shot performed whilst camouflaged deals 20% more damage but cancels your camouflage.
    Retaliation - You automatically retaliate to each hit received in the next 20 seconds by X amount of damage per hit.

Speeder
    Teleport: You teleport to a safe haven on the map and recover 20% of your total health over 10 seconds.
    Blurred Speed: Speed is increased by 30% and chance to be missed is also increased by 30% for 5 seconds.

Defender
    Fortify - Encased in steel becoming impervious to all damage but unable to move for the duration (5 seconds). Friendlies cannot be hurt from splash damage dealt to a fortified defender.
    Indomitable - Speed is reduced by 50% and damage reduced by 80% for the next 10 seconds.

Fixer
    Salvation - Heal the friendly with the lowest amount of health for X amount.
    Drones - Launch 5 drones that pursue damaged friendlies and heal X amount of damage over 10 seconds.

Any damage / healing done would dependant on captain level.

8. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

good ideas

9. Braindawgs1ST

Braindawgs1ST New Member

Some great ideas here, I especially love the sound of the little Fixer drones! I can already imagine a mini swarm of them haha

Scourge Argaen likes this.
  10. VaM RoiD

VaM RoiD Member

Some Ideas are really cool :)

11. VaM RoiD

VaM RoiD Member

Some ships will definitely become GOD after this. If ever happens.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. Wymtime

Wymtime Active Member

I would like to see an emp on speeder to stun all unfriendles in a certain radius duration 7 seconds. Unfriendliness hit will unstun so watch out

Enforcer- super shield creates a massive Tesla shield to protect against airborn projectiles with a wide radius. Watch out unfriendliness can get into the shield and still attack you

Shooter - death damage. When a shooter goes down a shooter goes down shooting when the shooter dies it fires all its weapons on last time. The layer cannot aim this power

Defender rubber skin. All damage does 50% for 10 seconds and all hits bounce back towards to the same spot they came from dealing 25% of their original damage if they hit.

Fixer someone else said it but drones a drone for each friendly in the battle fixing and giving a burst of health lasting 10 seconds. This will keep it from being OP

13. Tony Dinoxxo

Tony Dinoxxo New Member

14. jSwtch

jSwtch Member

Enforcer
    Mechanics - gain 50% cool down reduction on all items for 10sec

15. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

You guys want this game to have Ultimates like overwatch that build up overtime? LOL

16. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

This...

17. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

None of this will probably ever get built, but it's fun to be creative! Here are my ideas...

Each of these ship-specific abilities would be once-per-battle usages:

Shooter - 'Barrage' ability
    (8 sec duration) Global cooldown reduced from 3 sec to 0.5 sec. Item cooldowns are unaffected, but when triggered, this lets you pump out a full volley of everything you have.

Speeder - 'Blurr' ability
    (8 sec duration) Unfriend targeting systems can no longer snap onto your ship or engage any sort of sticky targeting or target-lock. All attacks towards you must be targeted free-hand.

Enforcer - 'Shot Caller' ability
    (8 sec duration) Places a target marker on one unfriendly ship (visible by both teams). For 8 seconds, all damage against that ship is boosted by 25%.

Enforcer - 'Focused Energy' ability (alternate idea)
    (Instant use) Instantly resets the global cooldown, and the cooldowns for all equipped yellow items. Double-stun? Double-shield? Double-nitro? So many combos!

Defender - 'Magnetic Shield' ability
    (8 sec duration) Within a 15m spherical radius, all incoming projectiles are redirected to hit you, but damage is reduced by 70%. Now, you can actually "defend" your teammates.

Fixer - 'Cleanse' ability
    (8 sec duration) Instantly clears all debuffs (stun, frost, fire) from all friendly ships, and for 8 seconds, all healing done is boosted by 25%.

18. jSwtch

jSwtch Member

Special abilities get unlocked as soon as you reach 2 stars in battle

Last edited: 2 Nov 2017
  19. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

Idea has a lot of merit. I like the idea of mid or end game changers. Maybe ability isn't able to be activated until 2:30 (half match). A one time activation is appropriate too. I could also get behind your ship's special ability affecting all of your teammates as long as it was not OP. Speeder would make all boats faster for x duration, defender reduce damage, fixer give everyone 100 hp or something, shooter give +damage, and enforcer would uhhhh.... I like @Spinners71's idea of reduce cooldown.

20. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

Lol.. those are nice ideias, but imagine high rank players using that stuff.. we aren’t going to play battle bay anymore, it will be Star Wars lol. Ship just needs to fly now lol.