1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Unbalanced match making may make me quit

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Buzz..., 20 Nov 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

I have responded to almost all match making threads after the update. The Devs or moderator are not even responding or giving feedback . I think this is it for me then . If match making is not improve in 1 week I will quit game. Also it's my personal opinion that this game is not getting attention of Devs. They are busy in other games . What makes me think that
    1. Ads bug- I have work in ads ops monetization role and I know u don't leave a black display ad or when a ads crashes you don't leave them , you fix them . Now Devs only have to take new jar file for Android and for iOS new SDK and integrate it. But that bug is still not solved . I also made a thread on it and I got no response .
    2. Halloween event- the map was made in hurry not properly design , this makes me think that modlers were under pressure to complete it in hurry.
    3. No time to think- if you think a little about guild quests you realise that when guild quest ends , new one begin immediately. This is also a decesion made in hurry why no cooldown? It's fair to have cooldown right , but hey while all players are saying we want cooldown there is no implementation of it.
    Now these are also reasons why this game has got only 5 millions of download and not 50 millions it is good game but no attention is given on its development.

With current match making system it's really bulksgit to play the game. If not improved in 1 week I would rather stop playing this game . Don't expect more comments from me . Already wasted lot of time on forums.

Babablacksheep likes this.
  2. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    4 times in a row with T pro on the enemy team last season.

3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Ok

4. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

Players are leaving more everyday for the points u raised and many more quick easy unthought decisions by Dev's are ruining what could be an awesome gqme

5. Sandz

Sandz New Member

Pretty much this. The fact that as a new player i have to play against people with mk4 ships, and even mk5, while i still am limited to an mk2 ship is an awful experience.
    This is pretty much me being punished for winning a lot of games when i first started playing. Now that i have 800 infamy as a level 10, i am forced to play mk4 ships every single match because the match making is so bad. I never win games anymore, rather, my team of mk4 and mk5 ships carry me while i play the role of dead weight because my low level weapons don't make a dent in the enemies mk4 and mk5 ships.

I can't be the only low level player out there that is feeling like this. I don't understand why i can't play against other people who have similar ships AND infamy because i know their out there, i see them in the main waiting screen all the time, but this horrible match making doesn't do that.

Iron Sandi likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The system is trying hard, but you're overperforming by everyone's standards. Sad, but true.

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. Sandz

Sandz New Member

wasn't the new algorithm i keep reading about supposed to have fixed the issue of imbalanced ships on teams? seems like it did the opposite for me.

Also, i'm a extremely surprised by the massive swing in ship power between just 300 (I have to add that just a few games ago i saw an mk5 ship that had 497 infamy) and 800 infamy, if your saying that i am over performing. Does that mean people my level are expected to be as low as 200 infamy?

8. Kean

Kean Member

Haaaaa the developers want you to spend $$$. Take my words, if you spend some $$$, they will let you win (I mean the algo set by the developers). All you can do is to keep playing or leaving. Some people mentioned that they get better when they leave the games for a few days then come back. When it gets worst, leave again and come back.
    So, what I do is I play this game in every 4 days replacing with other games.

9. Sandz

Sandz New Member

Man that is definitely the fastest way to make players ignore this game lol

10. Harsh Gupta Hulk

Harsh Gupta Hulk Active Member

Not at 200 but around 500-600 also according to the new algorithm it doesn't matter how much your current infamy is,its about the highest infamy you have reached and yes the number of mk4 and mk5 ships are increasing at the infamy range of 700-1300 and they try to destroy a weaker ship first so what you need to do is upgrade your weapons to the best you can also try to play with strategy with the weapons and locations not go all attack, also try to give commands of help or to whom to attack to your teammates, if they don't listen then try to be alive as long as you can by any means and just try to destroy a single ship on your behalf any more would be great which would be doable for you, as you with level 10 has reached 800 infamy means you will be great also the more battles you will fight the more you will understand.Last but not the least choose the weapon and item setup on your ship with which you are comfortable, no matter what type of weapons you use as long as you are comfortable with your weapons you will thrive with right strategy.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  11. Kean

Kean Member

Show us the evidence of your findings!!! Battle Bay = Business. The ultimate goal of all the apps on IOS or Android or even Windows OS want you to spend $$. Hence, the algo is to limit your progress to 50% to 60% no matter how much time you spend on battling on the BAY. The new algo is to match you with other ships based on your ship attributes (1), infamy (2) and available weapons. That is why the developers request for accessing our media data storage when we connect to the game server. When you stop playing for a few days or at least 12 hours, the app will give you some "rare" or "epic" weapons to lure you playing again (from the Star Crate - when you gain 15 stars). Try it and it happens.

I am sure the algo matching scripts are not perfect so you may be matched up with weaker team mates against extremely strong opponents (as mentioned by many on the forum). Also, some current mk5 up players use their alternative ships to maintain infamy. For example, their main ship is mk7 shooter or speeder (whatsoeve, etc). They may use their main ships' weapons (almost all come with T5 weapons whether these weapons are epic or rare, or even some are legendary). How can you battle with them when your ship is mk3 that pairs with usual mk3 level weapons (i.e. T2 or T3 the most). The game will eliminate many low level weapon crowds. To avoid elimination, what you can do is "Battle" as many time as you can to gain pearls and gold so that you can upgrade your weapons. If not, you can always spend $$$$$ (the easier way and the developers will love you). My 2 bits.

12. Buzz...

Buzz... Member

Finally I dropped to 800 infamy today. Uninstall Battle bay . Great game in stupid hands . I have left this game for now . Bye!

13. TheAntiSnipe

Please don't spread these theories, someone will find the time to stop your trolling definitively.

The Otherguy likes this.
  14. Kean

Kean Member

It is freedom of speech. Everyone is entitled to their opinions unless you are one the developers who has taken unfair advantage our normal players like us.

Note that you are using a t5 rare weapons to battle with the t1 epic. So you are telling us that you are great?

Prove me wrong by showing us your match up table instead of posting texts.

15. TheAntiSnipe

Spectacles are cheap nowadays(freedom of speech)
    [​IMG]
    Of course, I can back it up.
    And I'm not all that great. I have my fails. I just don't and won't post them on YT.

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. Kean

Kean Member

Hello...show us your battle match up table (those you claimed have stella victories) - at least 3 to prove that you do not have unfair advantage over your opponents. What is the point to debate on this issue when my message is so clear?

Likewise, when I ask for apple, you give me orange.

Psychology 101 - when some one keeps hovering around the criticism to prove themself right because they get nailed on some of the points (just to defend !!) Are you?

17. TheAntiSnipe

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: 21 Nov 2017
  18. TheAntiSnipe

Happy now?

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. HighHammer

HighHammer Member

Well this has been an issue since beta ... and it has a simple solution as I’ve mentioned millions of times I guess. Introduce a quick match and normal match options so if a player wants to get a decent match (400+- inf gap) can use the standard match button and if in hurry they could use this BS current matching as quick matches ... its not that hard, is it !?

20. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    LOL! You left just because you dropped infamy?? Lmao:p

The Otherguy and Babablacksheep like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.