1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Turbo, gear lube and rudder perks

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Craigjnoble, 2 Mar 2018.

1. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

just a thought and rough numbers, some refinement would be required.

Blue item perks (turbo, rudder and gear lube) these should be able to fit directly to any blue item to become interchangeable.
    The perks should affect ship base like captain skills with a multiplier for matching perks and items.

So for example a turbo perk on a turbo would be 2 or 3x more effective than a turbo perk on a rudder. (Depending on how the numbers work out)

Possible perks %
    3 , 5, 7.5% (uncommon, rare, epic)

This helps to unlock the standard configurations that most ships have to use (at least a shield and turbo). To allow ships to go a bit faster or be more agile. Speeders might sacrifice some speed on a turbo for a small boost to rudder. Shooters could drop some speed for a faster turret. Defenders could run a rudder with speed perks for torp dodging, ect.

Allowing “tuning” of ship performance would allow people to maximise their play style.

2. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Something needs to change to make rudder and lube more viable.
    They are about as useful as power cells to me.
    Whilst they are good items, you just cant afford to drop speed / shield / bandage etc.
    Maybe make a new colour slot for items, black.
    Make rudder and lube a black item, and every ship has 1 black slot so every ship can use either a rudder or a lube depending if they want agility or turret speed.

rexaroni and d_p air like this.
  3. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

That’s basically what I am trying to get around. You can have speed or agility but not both as you have to keep your shield/bandage equipped at all times.

4. Swaf

Swaf Member

Me likey just do something so I can actually use my leg lube.

5. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Or make the shields black items so your health is dependent on how much you've leveled up your shields and not your choice of rudder, gear lube, bandage, etc.

*JAWS* likes this.
  6. kusura bakmayin

kusura bakmayin Member

I like this idea. Cross equipping blue perks for fine tuning would make items like Rudder and Lube viable for the first time. A T4 epic Rudder with 4 HP perks would increase survivability enough to justify using it. After about 40 agility you don't really get any extra benefit from the stat, but being able to slightly boost other stats would make lots more people consider it.

PastelPiku likes this.
  7. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    The op's idea is lit. I want this so bad.