1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Triple torpedo or grenade launcher?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Echo, 16 Apr 2017.

1. Echo

Echo New Member

I have have a shooter mk3 with lvl10 rare cannon, lvl20 uncommon sniper, and lvl14 rare big berta which are working fine for me. I have been looking for rare cannon and sniper since forever. However, I have relatively unused rare triple torpedo and grenade launcher x2 both. Like most players, I have limited resources so I can't really upgrade them all. For what I have seen other players using them, triple torpedo is a bit unreliable and will hit only people who don't pay attention though it can be used as area-denial which is kinda nice sometimes. Grenade has nice damage but seems to be best used by a speeder.

Which one should I upgrade?

2. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Actually both of them are a bit not really suitable for shooter(I suggest missles)but in my opinion that since tri-torp is being nerfed,I suggest you to use grenade which you can protect yourself from yellow ships

3. kylek33

kylek33 Member

Grenades are a poor choice for a shooter. Most are too fragile and too slow to use one effectively... trip torps are a good complementary weapon once you get more weapon slots. I'd keep what you have now but I'd stop putting resources into the sniper, it's only a matter of time until you find a rare+ sniper and the uncommon one is scrapped.

P0rthos likes this.
  4. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Triple torpedos are still awesome, and are not being nerfed anymore. They are perfect for crowd control, just fire into a crowd and forget. Grenades are also nice because they are quick and can hit from behind waves. Why not use both?

Tritorps are great at range, grenades are good up close. Together they make a good midrange combo. Shoot a tritorp, watch where they dodge, and land a grenade in that area for guaranteed damage.

5. Notaf

Notaf New Member

porthos that's a great idea i think

6. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

Always make sure you shoot your tritorps so that if you miss your first target, they will still be heading towards other unfriends behind your main target. They keep going after all... and That way they are still useful!

Taevion0 and Captain_Perry like this.
  7. HeroicBubbles

HeroicBubbles Active Member

Tritorps are really powerful and torps in general are all over the place and hard to dodge so many as you get higher. Problem is an MK3 you've only got 3x5. Torps seem to be more common mk4+ when there is more room on the boat.

8. XxAGENTSHAWxX

XxAGENTSHAWxX New Member

good idea P0rthos, and I definitely agree;)