1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

totally Idiotic, the Devs should have a look.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by AhmEDEXpress, 15 Sep 2017.

1. AhmEDEXpress

AhmEDEXpress Member

21751287_1463530763683540_1788522995505595829_n.jpg

Saw this on Facebook group.

Ultrah likes this.
  2. Dfer3nt

Dfer3nt Member

absolutely ridiculous, Slow and fire shouldn't count that much

3. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Lol wow. He MAYBE hit someone once resulting in a kill lol and 3 stars..lol wtf

4. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

Devs have already said they plan on adjusting star calculations next update.

5. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Don't worry, I think contribution is getting nerfed in the next update. (I'm not a dev)

6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Without actually seeing the battle you can't really make any assessment if this is idiotic or now.
    I checked both the replay and the raw statistics and he was contributing to most of the damage done during whole the battle by keeping the enemies frosted.

Not really. We have only adjusted fire contribution.

7. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I have a funny one aswell :) Current system is very "gameable", I do not miss playing Fixer cause man does this game not recognize the difference he made for us. Oh well no complaints, double stars for a game where I didnt matter at all Gg!

IMG_0138.PNG

Taevion0 likes this.
  8. Miika

Miika Game Lead

You buffed 12200 dmg worth with your flare fire, I wouldn't say you didn't matter at all. :)

9. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Gotta love Flare Gun!
    How much more damage was actually dealt? Guessing around 30% of the 12k?

Oh well Ill enjoy it while it lasts :) I do feel for the guy doing triple my damage and 20k healing also though!

10. Jesusbrah

Jesusbrah New Member

Just a thought, but I feel it would be really helpful to have certain damage statistics displayed at the end of matches such as fire damage done and the overall amount of damage you contributed to you and your teammates through setting your enemies ablaze. If anything, just to assure you that using that your fire weapons are contributing more than just extra stars ;P. Oh, maybe even add red damage numbers above enemies to indicate the additional damage added by your burn. I feel like it wouldn't be too difficult, since it seems like, from what you said, that info is recorded and used for star ratings. What say you?

Taevion0 likes this.
  11. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Yup, and Damage per weapon...

Taevion0 and TTrain like this.
  12. AhmEDEXpress

AhmEDEXpress Member

well, what about this one? giving out 2 stars while dishing more than double the damage of the 2nd highest player.
    I know most of my damage came from using Big Torp and Berta which didn't benefit the Fire/Canon combo.

Damage is no contribution in the end?

Attached Files:

13. Jesusbrah

Jesusbrah New Member

True.

On another note, recently I've been getting so many cool ideas while thinking about how much potential this game has. For instance, instead of just having talents that grant X damage or X percentage damage, allow us to make tactical choices -choices that reflect our own individual playstyles- between some cool effect to the weapons like:
    Firebomb now does 20% of overall burn damage upon impact, but that damage is taken away from the burn DOT / Firebomb burn damage starts off 10% weaker, but once the burn duration is 1/2 done, the rest of the ticks deal 20% more damage.
    Big Torpedoes now travel 20% faster, but now deal 15% less damage / Big Torpedoes Impact Radius increased by 20% but now deal 15% less damage
    Cannon CD increased 10%, but damage is increased by 10% as well / Cannon CD decreased by 10% but damage is decreased by 10% as well

Swift Torpedoes now deal 20% less damage, but ricochet off walls up to three times.

Just a few ideas. This would bring individual
    customization from player to player, allow us to make more meaningful choices when deciding which crew talents to pick, and keep things fresh.
    Well, I j ust wanted to share my ideas, what do you guys think?

Also, pay no attention to the specific numbers I used in my examples. I just used them to help paint a better picture.

Last edited: 17 Sep 2017
    The Otherguy likes this.
  14. Dirtylegs

Dirtylegs Member

The thread is called totally idiotic the devs should look at it. Within an hour an actual dev took the time to do just that and show it isnt. Having Come here from quitting a zynga mobile game where community concerns are either ignored or copy paste response from a 'community manager' I just wanted to take a minute to say props to this dev team.

15. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Oh a sneak peek

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. The Otherguy

Tech support
    From what I understand, the update is in the advanced/final stage/s.

17. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

I'm hoping we're about two weeks out. Then they release details and then a week or so for apple to do what they do

18. MistikaDan

MistikaDan New Member

I looked it up and I'm happy that I use android! (I can list many, MANY reasons why I don't use Iphone) because @Rango8 is right in his week for update processing at apple. It is a security scan which google doesn't do on the play store! It is technically more dangerous on the play store but just don't be dumb and you'll be fine. There's my life advice for the month...

The Otherguy likes this.
  19. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Getting the third star requires contributing more than twice of the average in the match, including the opponent side. Because everybody did good damage in the battle the bar was high enough in the battle that you didn't get over the threshold.