1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Too much sugar, not enough gold!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by NAN0NAT3R, 20 Jun 2017.

1. NAN0NAT3R

NAN0NAT3R Member

Recently I have noticed that I receive way too much sugar. This would not be a bad thing but there is a limit on how much you can hold. My captain level is 20 and my sugar storage is only 300,000 compared to my gold that is 1,500,000. I get a lot of quests that award me sugar and not gold and my sugar is always maxed out while my gold is low. Training captains takes more than a day and i dont have any weapons i want to upgrade. The worst part is that the ones I want to upgrade I can't because of lack of parts that are caused by a lack of gold. I'm always running low on gold and I'm maxed on sugar. This needs to be fixed by giving us a higher sugar capacity and more gold quests. I don't know if any others have this problem or if there is a fix on the way. Let me know your thoughts on the comments.

1FLYDJ likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Imo, yes, I agree. But there is definately another thread lying around just like this one

3. NAN0NAT3R

NAN0NAT3R Member

I was looking for one but I didn't find any

4. DaveRay35

DaveRay35 Active Member

Agreed. I started the thread below because the ability to hold gold way outstrips sugar storage.

I'm pretty sure I would play more if sugar storage was increased. I'd actually be happy with sugar cost of crew training to go up (be less achievable) in return for decreasing both training time and captain XP rewards. At the moment I feel like I'm wasting sugar and that irks me...

Gold and sugar capacity levels thread::
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/gold-and-sugar-capacity-at-different-captain-levels.2215/

Thanks,

DaveRay35
    Captain lev: 21
    Preferred setup: mk3 Defender, 2 x sniper, big shield, turbo, bandage
    Guild: British adults

5. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Amen, gold is tighter than a nuns chuff!

The daily requirements are within reason I suppose -- But the addition of crazy evolve item & boat evolve costs are painful. Reaching level 40 would be more of a wow moment if it didn't come with a "now enjoy farming 4 million gold"-tag added on.

6. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I'm not sure whether there is too much suger or it's just capped too low. When you're captain lvl 15-20, typically sugar will always be full, until you do another crew training, after which it's almost entirely empty. Seems like a storage problem to me.

DaveRay35 likes this.
  7. Kitterini

Its meant as a way of controling progression (i.e. cant level x crew member too high before a certain level).
    Before they added legendaries it did a solid job of keeping the playing field fairly even for lower level players.

8. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Yeah but crew members also have hard level requirements... so why don't they use that as the only limiting mechanic?

9. NAN0NAT3R

NAN0NAT3R Member

I also don't like playing when my sugar is full because I feel like I'm wasting it, but that is almost all the time. I agree with everything you said, but I also feel like the problem is that we don't have enough sugar storage

10. NAN0NAT3R

NAN0NAT3R Member

Storage should be increased for sure

11. WilbertCh

WilbertCh Member

I 70% agree.
    I used to have lots of sugar even it reached the max capped.
    But since last week I'd got a problem with gaining some sugar and make me can't train any crew for a day.

12. DaveRay35

DaveRay35 Active Member

Well the small sample here is in full agreement that sugar storage is the problem. My suggestions were to try and provide balance to the normal "I want more stuff" demands that devs don't respond to - if they give in to one demand it leads to many many more demands!

13. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Hmmm

So we get approximately half the sugar than gold from a victory, and yet have about a quarter of the storage capacity?

Hmm. Lets just think about that for a moment here, why would Rovio possibly think that makes sense? Hmm
    amd sugar is used, id say.. primarily for levelling captains and secondary to upgrade items (of which we never have enough of, or the ones we want anyway)

And the only way to speed up captain training is to use pearls..
    Hmmm. I wonder...

DaveRay35 likes this.
  14. Gautham

Gautham New Member

There is way to sell item for gold .right ?
    So sad it in achievements.
    How is it down?

15. Kitterini

You used to be able to sell items -- Now you can only sell perks.

16. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    I get wayy too many sugar quests, change them and get more sugar quests.
    How to solve:
    If you change a sugar quest, the next quest will be gold. And if you change a gold quest, you will get a sugar quest.

17. 1FLYDJ

1FLYDJ New Member

I Agree