1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Token Reward Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Captain_joe, 30 Oct 2017.

Tags:
  1. Captain_joe

Captain_joe New Member

Hey guys! is it me or anyone ever think that current Token Reward is ridiculous? We all know that in board 1, you will get 1k token/quest and the quest is easy like deal 30k dmg with specific weapons. And in board 2, guess what? deal 90k dmg with specific weapons BUT only earn 1250 token/ quest. I will not mention board 3 and board 4 because it is insanely ridiculous. So I suggest that Rovio should change this token reward system such as: keep the total amount of token reward the same BUT if you want the difficulty of board 2 is x3 the board 1 then the reward should x3 too. AND the reward of 12k token for finishing each board is not necessary so you can remove and use it to make a bigger reward of each quest instead. Who want to complete impossible board to get only 12k token? And 42k of winning 1st place in guild rivalry too, it is just boring as hell because sometimes we just give up by some mortal quests already and this is actually not guild war that we want it. In short, we will be more excited if you can make the reward bigger of each quest instead and guild war should be something like 5v5 but I guess it will not happen.

One more thing! I have to say, one of main reason why exploiting happened before because the reward of next boards was not reasonable. If the token reward is reasonable like i mentioned above, then reward of board 1 will be smaller, there is no more 12k of completing board, no more 42k of winning rivalry, the more difficult quests you overcome, the more token you get respectively. THEN who want to create 3 new guilds to complete only board 1 to get only small token which is as same as completing board 2 with x3 token instead? I also againts guild rivalry rule updated recently. Players have rights to change to other guilds that they want to. There are many reasons for this, maybe their old guild is not active, maybe they are kicked. They should get reward from what they play as same as old members. So if there is no more 42k token but higher each quest reward, they will earn exactly from quests they complete. Everything from guild exploiting will be solved without any new rule. It is all about token, everyone want it. Let them fight for it and reward reasonably!

Last edited: 30 Oct 2017
  2. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

I think the rewarding/toking system is just fine. It can’t be something that easy though. It’s a plus to you gather perks, parts and itens. We can’t just survive on that. Strong and united guilds can even finish board 5.

I also don’t agree with the idea that exploit were used just cuz the amount of tokens earned wasn’t reasonable. People did it because it was easy to loop it back to get the same/more amount of tokens gathered in the start. They would do that anyway.

3. Captain_joe

Captain_joe New Member

As I mentioned, total reward will be the same, just change how we get it. It will not change the difficulty of quests or make it easier to get token. I just said unreasonable reward was one of main reasons exploiting happened, not all. Anyway I agree that if they want to cheat, they will find a way. But if board 2 have 3x difficulty but also get x3 token compared to board 1, it is useless to create a new guild. Again, total reward will be the same, for example: old reward for completing 2 board = 12k + 12k (board 1) + 15k + 12k (board 2) = 51k token, then new reward will be 12750 token (board 1) + 12750 x 3 = 38250 token (board 2). It is just an example of 2 boards but I means total reward of 5 boards or even higher if only it exists. Maybe you thought I wanted to keep the same 24k token in board 1 and x3 reward in board 2 or something?

4. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

I like this and support. Better rewards for tougher quests makes such sense. I am also ok with getting rid of the "complete board" bonus and having that sprinkle into the quests. I do think the complete board bonus does put a fire under you to go go go and complete the board, so it is not completely pointless.

One thing I do not like is losing the rivalry award. If you do what is the point of competing? Bragging rights?

How about this. Rivalry placement at the end gives you bonus tokens based on what you earned with that guild during that rivalry. So first place would be +75% tokens (100 seems too much). 2nd place would be +40%, 3rd would be +20%, 4th +10% and 5th +5%. Linking the rivalry reward to what you claimed in the guild will be a reason to stay in the guild the entire time, would allow people freedom to leave,etc.

5. Captain_joe

Captain_joe New Member

Yeah, I was not sure about the idea of removing complete board reward and rivalry reward, Just because I feel it is boring competition but the others may feel it is interesting. My whole idea is to focus on quest reward and allow people to leave their guild freely but can not exploit from that. I think it will be fun if there are some quests that is difficult to your guild but you can ask your friend come in and help.