1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tips to get past Ace 1 leauge?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Captain Gilligan, 25 Aug 2017.

1. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    I've been in ace 1 for so long that I could have gotten a master's degree, build a mansion, have a family and kids, become a billionaire and die of old age all while sitting at 3000 - 3200 infamy. (Exagerated of course). In all seriousness I have been stuck at this infamy level for around 3-4 months now. It's about time I get out of here...

For the last couple of months things have slowed down for me. Guild stuff, battle stuff, lack of interesting content for me, etc. But one thing that stayed the same was my infamy through it all.

Now with an anticipated update coming our way soon (hopefully), I wanted to get some expert tips on how to get Past this dreaded infamy number. I've seen many people my level/ship level/item level that are upwards of 3500 - 3800 infamy. Every time I am full of envy and confusion because I have no idea what I am doing wrong :/

I was hoping I could get some "non" generic advice on what to do. And maybe for all the others stuck at this level to get some tips as well. If you need any info let me know.

Go nuts
    Screenshot_20170825-162439.png

2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Same problem. I can't get higher no matter what I do. I'm the top damage dealer most of the time already (I'm a shooter, my job is to dish out damage.) Sometimes I even outdamage nightmare mk7 shooters while I myself use an MK5 shooter.

I have also seen some players with zero skill. They still can't lead shots, they don't know what together means... And yet those "retards" are able to reach higher infamy than me... How?

I have also fleeted with several players. I asked them all for tips, and feedback on what's possibly wrong with my strategy. And all of them told me that there was nothing wrong with my strategy, they couldn't give me any tips because in their opinion my strategy was flawless. They are even surprised why I'm still this infamy even tough I can outdamage all others with a significant difference (and I don't even got legendary or epic weapons).

Some of my fleeting partners even said that my play style looks almost identical to that of Bittersteel wich is honorablle if people compare me to him. (Fun fact, I too got sucky gear, And yet I'm able to outperform most players, just like Bittersteel).

But still... Despite all of that, I never get higher...

Is there a player around 3000 infamy who would like to fleet up with me to give me feedback?
    Player code: #KLWJMCSY
    Ingame name: Dinoguardian

Last edited: 25 Aug 2017
    Nikkie!, Captain Gilligan and Ultrah like this.
  3. Cpt Obvious

Cpt Obvious Well-Known Member

(Disclaimer: I have no experience with speeders (other than playing with one at MK3), so take everything I write with a big pinch of salt. I'm also new to ACE1 (we're even in the same league I see), I barely qualifed last season - but currently at 3500 inf / lvl 32. I also expect to be in ACE1 for a loooong time.)

A speeder only has two weapons slots, so the slots you have are really really valuable, more so than on any other boat, you'll need to use them to the absolute MAX.
    Have you considered going for complementary weapons? Ex: Firegun + your already awesome blast cannon with burn perks. Or even frost + big torp, but that requires more equipment.
    Missiles are awesome, but at T2 epic, they are probably a disadvantage for you - because most of your opponents have T4 (rare) weapons at this infamy level - and T4 rares will beat T2 epics any day.

Other than that, you got some sweet gear, I envy your epic turbo and overboost collection :)
    I also see you're like me, 1 red legendary piece away from your first legendary weapon, hope you get something sweet you can use :)

Last edited: 25 Aug 2017
    Captain Gilligan likes this.
  4. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Simple. MK6.

Sorry, but that's the honest truth. That or get T4 Epics and Legendary items.
    Once at MK6, you'll get higher level Captains and start unlocking T5 skills.

LOLdude and Star.Nova like this.
  5. Captain Gilligan

The funny thing is, I was at near that infamy when I was your level as well. I agree with everything you said. Thanks :)
    Just today I splurged and bought a huge chest if pearls, hoping I would get my last red leg piece needed for my first epic.To my dismay I got a red :), yellow...blue................and green X_X. So close. But besides that I did get 2 more epic flare guns. And 2 more epic swift torps. So I have new options.

I have been wanting to move to enforcer for about a month now and I have some good items for it. But whatever I get for my legendary will make the choice for me I imagine.

6. Captain Gilligan

Ya, sadly I think that's the truth. Mk6 is such a pain to get. But I'm also wondering if there is anything else Im not seeing that I could do

7. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

To get past ACE 1, you basically need to get to 4000(Nightmare) and to get that high, you're constantly fighting Nightmare class players.

Only possible MK5s i've seen that made it to this level are of only 2 ships(would love to see others, but i haven't):
    • MK5 Speeder with high level items. T4+ Epic or T1 Legendaries, no rares. You also need to take advantage or Burn or Frost. So Flare + Blast Cannon or Frost Cannon + Torp. Reconfigure your Captain skills to reflect and maximize damage.
    • MK5 Fixer with high level T4+ Epic Pulse and T4+ Epic Weapons / T1 Legendary weapons.

Last edited: 26 Aug 2017
    Nikkie! likes this.
  8. Wishaal

image.jpg So, is there something wrong with my setup, or is it something else?

Nikkie! likes this.
  9. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Nothing particularly wrong, but you need to use that Legendary Mine and look at your Blastian Skills. That would be a first, secondly I think the Big Shield & Turbo needs to be at least T4. Drop that Uncommon Sniper, that's useless.

Nikkie!, Miathan and Wishaal like this.
  10. Helius Maximus

Helius Maximus Active Member

PM
    Agree, also I would upgrade the firebomb and use it instead of the berta, it will at least give you more stars.

D3X and behumble like this.
  11. Wishaal

I almost never hit anything with that mine, so legendary or not, it's not really usefull in my opinion. However I don't think you would advice to use the mine if it is really that bad, so I will give it another try, but only because you said so.

Yup, My shields aren't on par, I'm training Brock currently, so I'm working on that.

And you're right, that uncommon sniper is garbage, I'll swap it out and use the mine like you advised to.

Thanks for the feedback:)

12. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

You're kidding right? Mines are devastating up here in Nightmare, I would use it if I had that. It's such an effective weapon once you know how to use them.

13. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

u bet.
    Had a game that was a clear win, 1 min and it was a 5v2, then we ran into a leg mine and went to 3v2....then another, 1v1 in a span of 10 sec. We ended up winning, but shows how fast mines can make a battle turn

Honest to god am happy with my infamy, i simply dont have the gear to play in nightmare league yet.

on a side note i just played with banderas :eek::D:eek::D love it

Nikkie! likes this.
  14. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Take a look at RNG KenZer videos at YouTube. U will definitely find a lot of tips for correct mine placing.

And a couple of thoughts about your build: at our infamy there are more and more speeders and enforcers (including nightmare ones) who can avoid mortairs easily so you should try to use your missile launcher(it is very strong even at lvl40 rare) instead of big bertha and smth else instead of bolpark (as for me it is garbage at any infamy). And yes: speeders hate mines(especially leg ones :D)..
    I know that mines and missles conflict at blastian talents. But imo the only thing u will have to sacrifice is +20% mine dmg(12 and 26 lvl). In other talents u will have to sacrifice cd talents which are not very important if u r a shooter.
    Btw added u in game if u wanna discuss build more :)

@Captain Gilligan u should definitely change perks in your shield. Def perks are completely useless atm. 3 rare hp perks will give u about 500 hp.

15. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Your guild mate

Attached Files:

16. Captain Gilligan

Are you serious about the perks...I had 3 rare hp ones, then I was told that def perks are much better... I'll need to look into this

17. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I would upgrade those missiles and railgun, swap them for ballpark and uncommon sniper...

18. Rock'N'Rolla

Just take some math: rare hp gives u about 150 hp with all crew talents. Rare def perk gives u 7 def. 150/7=21. So u have to survive more than 21 hits for the def perk to become more effective than hp one(and if u have a fixer in your team hp perks world be even more effective). Do u survive 21 hits against nightmare players? :D

Miathan, Wishaal and Captain Gilligan like this.
  19. Rock'N'Rolla

He can't change 2 1slot items for 2 2slot items. U can use only 3x1slot + 2x2slot weapons at mk5 shooter.

20. Wishaal

I might swap out explosive canon or big berta for railgun once I get it to tier 4 of course. I rarely miss any shot, so I think railgun would be a good weapon for me. It's just that I haven't trained the captain for railgun. It will probably take around a month of focused training before I can upgrade railgun to tier 4. As you can see in the screenshot, at this moment I can't even upgrade it to tier 2 lol