1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to upgrade to Mk6?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by fragglelator, 18 Sep 2018.

?

Should I upgrade my Ships?

1. Yes - Shooter

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Yes - Fixer

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Yes - Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. No - not time yet.

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. fragglelator

fragglelator Active Member

I seem to be facing a lot of Mk6s in recent battles and thought maybe it's time to upgrade my main ships – Shooter & Fixer – to Mk6s. Is it time or should I wait a while more.

Shooter - Top Half of Inventory
    IMG_6536.jpg

Shooter - Bottom Half of Inventory
    IMG_6537.jpg

Fixer
    IMG_6538.jpg
    Enforcer
    IMG_6539.jpg

Defender
    IMG_6540.jpg

Speeder
    IMG_6541.jpg

The Enforcer, Defender and Speeder are all currently used as "mules" to store dupes, however I do use the Enforcer in Events, alternating with Shooter and Fixer. Appreciate any advise or suggestions. Thank you in advance.

Last edited: 18 Sep 2018
  2. HAPPY SITHSHA

HAPPY SITHSHA Well-Known Member

You should wait a little more dude.
    In the mean time,try to upgrade your big shield and turbo as much as you could.
    Try to get some more practice playing against mk6.It will help you a lot.
    BTW,what blue item are u gonna add to your shooter at mk6?Small Shield or Bandage?

Note:If you have the right skill and good luck of your teammates,you can go up to 2500 infamy itself with your shooter mk5.
    Good Luck!!:):););)

Last edited: 18 Sep 2018
    fragglelator likes this.
  3. fragglelator

Thanks. So many things to upgrade, but I will focus more on these two as I have not reach the desired training levels for some of the other items (FB, Torp).
    Definitely getting a lot of practice playing against Mk6s, been holding back and taking time to play from the back/middle instead of charging (leave that for events). When/If i upgrade to Mk6, will definitely try out both bandage and small shield (I have enough dupes for a L50 Rare Bandage, but not enough training on Feelix though) to see which can help more.

That's the thing right, a lot depends on team-play. In any case, I am currently hovering around 1950-2050 and trying to crack to next level (2299?).

4. HAPPY SITHSHA

Then you can try your rare bandage from mk6 itself.
    It needs Sinklair training,not from Feelix;)

Have a nice day:):)

fragglelator likes this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That right there is a very good midrange/debuff shooter build. I suggest you take the time to master it in terms of skill and get a goodly amount of epic gear levelled up. Mk6 is useless unless you have the epic t3+ gear to run it with.

Also, try to go for 2.5-2.7k infamy in the mk5 shooter. You can do it for sure. Mk5s can really kick ass, even upto NML itself. I went to 3.3k in my enforcer before I upgraded to mk6. I'm not asking you to get to Ace 1 in a mk5, even 2.6k+ will be great. It will mean you have sufficient mastery over your gear, as well as pretty awesome gear to back it up with.

fragglelator likes this.
  6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I would be more inclined to look at infamy too, rather than items, when thinking about mk6. When you’re able to comfortably hang in the 2500-3000 range, then you’ll probably be okay to upgrade. Matches can seem harder at first, but they won’t be ‘too hard’.

If you’re still working your way through Master, then I’d be very cautious about jumping to mk6.

I would suggest that you focus on building up some more of your Epic weapons to t4. If you do it one at a time (pick one, and work only on that), then it doesn’t take too long. I was able to get my Epic OB from zero to t4 in 10 days, just by doing a bit each day.

Don’t waste resources on upgrading Epics unless you’ve got four already. You don’t want all your Epic parts and Power Cells to be tied up in t2 Epics that are weaker than your Rares, and then not be able to finish them.

7. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Feelix repair % talents count towards the bandage too. Off the top of my head, I think it's an extra 15% ..

TheAntiSnipe and fragglelator like this.
  8. xArrogance

Blunt advice advisory ...

Like @ViscountSniffit said, stop leveling your epics to T2 to save inventory space.. your epic cells are way too valuable for that.

You need to pick one ship type (shooter-defender, speeder-enfo, or fixer) to focus on for epics (that are popular in the late game) and level those. You're all over the place with items and leveling.

That's part of the reason for your low infamy. You have the item duplicates to push higher, but you're leveling everything at once instead of focusing one set of items.

You can save and level rares as much as you want for the other ships, but you won't have the epic cells to do more than 8-10 max epics without spending some money. If I had 5 minutes on your account, half your inventory would be scraped (with the standard mortar on the top of that list).

Also, quit spending event coins on perk boxes. Use them on item piece boxes.

9. HAPPY SITHSHA

Really? I didn't know this before:rolleyes::rolleyes:

10. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Even I didn't, a while back. I really rushed to upgrade Feelix after I found out LOL:D

11. fragglelator

Thanks for the advice. My "excuse" for the low infamy is that I am a casual player and I am not too fussed about gaining higher infamy, just enjoy getting out and wrecking boats (and also getting wrecked hahaha). I also like to test different items hence the multitude of items – that said, I have kind of settled on a few that I am levelling up and will continue to focus on those.

12. xArrogance

As much as I'd like for this to be a card collecting game where you can level up and use every epic item in the game, limited epic power cells and crew talents will make this impossible (without spending a ton of pearls) .. My inventory used to look like yours .. It took thousands of hours of grinding and several hundred dollars to get back the power cells I wasted.

Otherwise ... The most dominant late game shooters usually have multiple max sets of the strongest weapons (i.e., 12-18 epic duplicates of specific weapons) .. so, if increasing infamy is your goal, you're probably better off focusing fixer epics.

Screenshot_20180918-175310_Battle Bay.jpg

As an example, this is Xerys - one of my favorite fixers in the game. She got to NML as a Mk5 with mostly rares and only recently RNG'd enough epic dups to get her items to this level. And, I'm fairly certain that she's strictly a f2p player.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. xArrogance

Ha. I got distracted midpost and didn't refresh the page before posting.

But, yeah, I get it. I would just get a gameplan for your main ship and epics, level those up, scrap the rest, then save rares to play other ships ..

And I wouldn't upgrade any more ships other than your main ship (once you have a decent set of max rares or T3 epics to gear up with). You can play the others in events.