1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Time to raise the bar?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Stelmo, 25 Sep 2017.

1. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

At the beginning of every season I feel like quitting the game.
    It's bad enough always being matched with the best there are, but being matched as equals is preposterous.
    Is there actually a valid reason to drop the top players in the world to the bottom of the league every two weeks? Would it hurt the nightmare league to raise the reset to 4500?

Miathan, Shadow Moon! and behumble like this.
  2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I hope next update is focused on leagues in general. The way they work right now is completely flawed

Miathan and The Otherguy like this.
  3. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Its true, the player base is expanding.
    Enough so that nightmare league can be split up into at least 1 and 2.
    Then maybe we wouldnt feel the wave of lowering infamy at the start of the season as much.

BITTERSTEEL and The Otherguy like this.
  4. JustPlainSowad

JustPlainSowad Active Member

Product Manager//Technology Entrepreneur
    How are they not working? Can you please explain your reasoning? Thanks

5. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

You get matched with players who tank their infamy before a league so they can place top.

Proof:
    Screenshot_2017-09-17-12-49-46.png
    Screenshot_2017-09-22-12-55-10.png

Your rewards suck if you aren't getting top 3 places or in nightmare, and even those suck.

2 weeks for an epic piece? Nice... (NOT)

Many other things wrong with leagues

Miathan and JustPlainSowad like this.
  6. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

I think the best way to solve the problem would be making multiple Nightmare leagues.
    It will also solve the problem with getting proper rewards in Ace I. I've been in Ace I seasons where top10 was in very different intervals. Like 3300-3500(my top was ~3200 that time), 3500-3800(my top was ~3400 that time), 3700-4200(Previous season. My top was 3600). As I remember, @Zusay have already made a thread about this problem.
    We need smth like:
    3600-3999 - Nightmare III
    4000-4499 - Nightmare II
    4500+ - Nightmare I

Zusay and BasedCarpen like this.
  7. Poupichou

Poupichou Member

Just for a bi-weekly reward?
    As others f2p players, you want legendary parts as reward, but Rovio doesn't want.
    We have to pay.

8. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

What I hate most about leagues is how unfair they are. My guildies are posting screenshots of how they get a legendary piece from top 10 Ace I reward. I'm also in Ace I, but while my season infamy was higher than theirs, in my league it was only good for 17th place. That kinda stuff is very demotivating. Makes me feel like no matter how far I get or how I improve my personal record infamy, I'll still get some shitty spot with a place 11+ box, while other people who are always below me in infamy are getting better rewards.

Joey who, behumble, JJf and 1 other person like this.
  9. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

It seems like the pool of players is already shallow up there

10. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

i was ace1 last season and with 4032 not and i ended up 8th... 1st had almost 4300....
    less than 4k not in ACE1 meant no rewards from the season (11th place-)
    seems legit

11. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Sarkasm?
    Two friends of mine got 1st ace 1 places with 3600 and 3515 infamy. In two previous seasons.

12. JJf

JJf Member

How do they get in a league like that? I have been around 3600 for three seasons now. Every time my position has been 40+. Every time the top10's infamy has been 3900+.

13. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

i have other guildmates in ace1 that told me if i had my not in there i would've won the season,
    but no, no sarkasm, less than 4009 would've been 11th+ place, 3800 prolly 50 or 60... fucking rovio

14. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Most of the ace 1 leagues I played in you needed 3800 just to break the top 70.

15. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

This thread is really supposed to be about the nightmare league infamy reset though, and how it breaks the matchmaking (which well may not be ideal as it is).

At the moment there are about 600 of us in the league. When 600 players are all dropped to 4000 infamy together there is suddenly a lot of losing going on as the big boys make their delighted way back up to 5000+. This trend forces many lower value nightmare players as low as 3400, dropping 600+ infamy.
    This of course is very frustrating, and no matter what anybody says, can only be avoided by not playing at all.
    Ace 1 matchmaking at this point has many nightmare league players sitting well below their true infamy, wreaking havoc on the poor bastards trying to make their own way up to nightmare/top 10/top 25.. and it carries on down the ladder, slowly readjusting and righting itself, reaching equilibrium just in time to be completely wrecked all over again at the end of the next season.

What's the point?
    The devs talk about 'fairness' in competition, allowing all of nightmare league a fair shot at the top, but come on lads. You don't actually believe that do you?
    All the huge drop really does is retard the progress of those below the 4000 mark, and cause frustration for everybody involved except the giants who get the easy matchups.
    I feel like raising the infamy drop by 500 points couldn't hurt any of the league's 'fairness' while actually alleviating a bit of the frustration.
    Is there something I'm not getting?

behumble and Miathan like this.
  16. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

I think it would be great if a well known member held a poll providing options on which update the people on forum would like the developers to work on first this way we can set our priorities straight and we will know they are working on this stuff and so a one less thing to bitch about on forums.
    @Joeyaa @behumble @Kitterini @Stelmo @Miathan if u think this a good idea pls make a poll and make it a single choice

17. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

@Crashedup That wouldn't be a good idea. If such a poll were made, it would have to be in game, so all users can vote. Forum populations for online games are tiny, non-representative chunks of the playerbase.

D3X likes this.
  18. JJf

JJf Member

If the infamy drop was at 4.5k, wouldn't it just raise the infamy of the players between 3k and 4k to 3.5k and 4.5k. I mean, I have been at 3.5k for some time now. If the infamy drop was at 4.5k I would get to 4k and have the same problem again. What would change? There must be an idea but I just don't get it.

19. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

I know that that's why I would like to suggest a option in the poll " make joining the forums a achievement join forum and get 50 pearls open for new members".

20. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Since a high percentage of the nightmare league are below 4500 anyway, they wouldn't be reset at all and their post reset drop would be far less significant. This would stop us walking over the 3500 crowd. Would you have a problem with fairer matchups at the start of season, or reaching higher infamy peaks?
    It would also allow players at the top end of nightmare to reach their own peaks a lot sooner, thus a much shorter period of disruption for the players below them.
    It wouldn't really fix the issue, but I think it'd be a solid step forward man.