1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Tied Guild Rivalry rewards need to Change

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KILLER KOI, 21 Nov 2017.

1. KILLER KOI

KILLER KOI New Member

528AEADB-B8FC-4F4B-A418-715EB4C66F67.png correct me if i’m wrong but i believe that when guilds tie in guild rivalry, placing is determined alphabetically. it doesn’t matter who got to that certain number of guild quests first. i wouldn’t mind at all- if it weren’t for the solid set placement rewards.

my current guild & former guild start with ‘T’ and i find that whenever a guild ties with us, they automatically get placed higher than us, claiming more guild tokens despite equal guild quests completed or whoever got completed that number of quests first. this is not fair in my opinion!

i’d like to request that rather than having the tied guilds placed by alphabetical order (or whatever factor it is), there should be actual tied placement, that way tied guilds could claim the same guild token rewards and trophies. that’s how it goes down in leagues, so why doesn’t it go down like that guild rivalry wise?

in the attached picture my guild is tied with another guild, we’ve completed the same amount of quests but they will receive 11k more tokens than us AND claim 2nd place.

2. Bennunator

Bennunator Moderator

In case of a tie, the guild that completed the quests first wins. So the placing is not determined alphabetically.

Shadow Moon! and Babablacksheep like this.
  3. KILLER KOI

KILLER KOI New Member

mb! is there any chance this could be changed though? i’ve been tied for second in league even though i reached that infamy high after the other second place guy, we received the same rewards. i think this should also be applied to guild rivalries

Babablacksheep likes this.
  4. Bennunator

Bennunator Moderator

Might be quite hard to implement without it being abused. Unfortunately, I can already see the scenario where all six guilds intentionally complete the same amount of quests, like two first boards that are easy to do and all six guilds collect the first prize.

5. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

I think this position system is already good, just need fix on how guild match with other, since theres big gap rank with matchmaking guild

KILLER KOI likes this.
  6. Shoot Em' Up

Shoot Em' Up New Member

Points from uncompleted quests should count in the positioning IMO.

7. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

If all rivals are getting same boards the one who completes first is justified but I don't know its same or not. If all guilds are having different boards then this is not justified.
    For example if we are stuck on napalm quest on board 4 and other has cannon quests obviously they are going to win it easily.

KILLER KOI likes this.
  8. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

Do the same thing that many tournaments do - combine the prizes and split them equally.

In this case, it would be 21K + 10K = 31K, divided by 2 gives both teams 15500 tokens.

To counter that "abuse" let's roleplay a simple scenario: all six guilds decide "hey, let's team up" and they would get (42+21+10+5+2+1) = 81K, divided by six being 13,500 tokens each. Now, that's slightly more than the 3rd-place finish. Seems like a good arrangement, let's all agree to do that, right fellow rivals?

Timer's almost up and everyone else has played by the rules? Perfect.

It's time for my guild to stab you in the back and +1 our quest counter.

My team now gets 42,000 tokens, and the rest of you peasants get (21+10+5+2+1) = 39K, divided by five is 7800 tokens. "Congratulations, you played yourselves."

Last edited: 21 Nov 2017
    Babablacksheep and KILLER KOI like this.
  9. KILLER KOI

KILLER KOI New Member

i can see how this will be a problem now. thanks!