1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Event Ticket timer balancing Q&A

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Zeus, 8 Jun 2018.

1. Zeus

Zeus Developer

QA Lead
    All you need to know about the new ticket timer for boosted TDM

Q: The ticket timer was increased to 30 minutes, why?
    A: The 15 minute ticket timer caused a lot of players to burn out. There was not enough time to take breaks as the tickets refreshed too fast. We want to reduce the feeling of missing out on tickets by not playing constantly.

Q: Won't the quests be much harder with the reduced income of tickets?
    A: No, the quests were re-balanced to cater for a higher ticket timer. For example, during the night you lost out on double the amount of tickets than now, so the quests were not halved, but balanced proportionally to the effective play time.

Q: Will this be the new standard going forward?
    A: No, we are testing different variations of every aspect of events, tickets just being one of those systems. We might try lower timers, systems without tickets altogether, anything is possible!
    Last week we tested the wins questline, and based on the feedback from you guys, we decided to bring back the stars progression.

Please ask any questions about the new tickets or events in general below.

2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Why don’t bought tickets overflow? It seems kind of a waste to buy them unless you’ve (A) run out, and (B) know that you’ll finish your games before they fill up again.

EyesTv likes this.
  3. The Grim Repair

The Grim Repair Community Manager

Well, A) you can only buy them when you ran out so that’s how it works. Why would overflow make any sense?
    B) at worst it costs you a few seconds.

4. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I love that you don't just sit back and say yep we created this and it's perfect no matter what the community says! Yes I can see this will mean more £££ for Rovio but I can also see positives for players as I was struggling to do quests as they didn't match the events and so this impacted on my guild and meant players were forced to be selfish for the perks etc. Lets hope this works better if not I am sure you will switch it back or to something new. Keep up the good work :)

5. ViscountSniffit

In the first TDM event, I bought 5 tickets one evening, because I wanted to keep playing. However, I only used three, because I had to go do something else.

An hour later when I returned, I would have liked to have had 7 tickets (my 5 free ones, plus the two I paid for), but instead the purchased ticket prevented me from collecting my free tickets, so they were effectively wasted.

6. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Exactly. events are still very new and only way to really test balances is by letting us all get hands on with it and then the data can be analysed and further tweaks made :)

7. ● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ●

● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ● Active Member

8. Sachin Shekhar

Sachin Shekhar Active Member

Bad for people who don't sleep during events.. :(

9. ● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ●

● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ● Active Member

Thats me.lol

10. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

How can you not sleep for 3 days??!

11. Iunch

Iunch Active Member

Commitment.

Missing out on tickets overnight is less of a big deal than having to wait much longer during waking periods. Obviously I'm basing my reaction on no time played yet, but I can see this being bad and making me want to play less and be forced to play less.

12. ViscountSniffit

Kills are being way undervalued again! This just rewards wreckless unfocused damage spamming, instead of being precise and trying to win. And disadvantages ships that don’t have lots of guns.

5C8095E5-DDF2-4811-B32D-4DED52FE3D35.png D763D20D-DCC5-4E30-A5B7-FF226B9EA713.png

Last edited: 8 Jun 2018
  13. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Props for bringing back the star system

14. Sachin Shekhar

Don't sleep the last day to finish what you started. And/or, cut sleep duration.

15. Sachin Shekhar

16. Medullaoblongata

Medullaoblongata Active Member

His first screenshot is questionable tho...He did 3K more damage than shooter using Firebomb who clearly got free 2 stars with fire assistance

FataMorgana88 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  17. CHUCK NORRIS

CHUCK NORRIS Member

First event I will not spend pearls for more tickets, and perhaps don’t spend anymore except for vip. This is a blatant attempt imho to try and get us to spend more, you want players to spend 1st for vip have tickets refresh quicker then non vip, you will get more vip subscribers. 2nd enough with the 200 pearls for 5 tickets it does not equal anything in the game to speed up with 2 hours remaining, the fee should be 100 pearls maximum for 5 tickets. You get more money with small profit high volume vs high profit small volume. Economics 101!

18. Roundtable

Roundtable Member

But how is fair towards fixers when the star contribution system in TDM is “diluted” making it hard for fixer to gain stars when compared against other boats

19. SoullessHeretics

SoullessHeretics New Member

Looks like another way to make you spend pearls same with the stars you have to collect. People these perks are nowhere near worth the time spent getting them.

TVNPryde likes this.
  20. chat police

chat police Member

It was not broken so it shouldn’t have been fixed. This is so bad it should be fixed before next event. Horrible idea