1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Thoughts on regular cannon...

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Debora Meltrozo, 14 Aug 2017.

1. Debora Meltrozo

Debora Meltrozo New Member

I'm currently using a MK5 Enforcer, with flare gun, sniper and a regular cannon. I feel like since I got 3 weapons now, plus my 2 yellow items (OB and TS), I'm not taking advantage of how spammable (very low cd) my regular cannon is, I feel like I would do more damage with a higher spike damage weapon (blaster cannon or another sniper for example) and rotate just fine between my weapons... So what do you guys think or have experienced, I'm also taking into account that at MK6 I will have yet another item to use (yellow slot), should I just stick to my cannon or get a higher cooldown/higher damage weapon?

2. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

What you are experiencing is pretty much spot on. The regular cannon works best on ships with less slots, or slots with very large cooldowns. I have a Mk4 shooter and user Railgun, so the low cooldown can still be utilised very effectively. When you are running red and yellow items, you will not have time to constantly shoot that low cooldown weapon. This is why most people use blast cannons etc. Cannon can still be great if you find yourself in extended medium/close range fights where you are shooting more than trying to use utility.

3. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Blastcannon shouldn't be used with sniper cannon. Look through BHURTs talents and u'll see why.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  4. Debora Meltrozo

Debora Meltrozo New Member

Thanks, I know that, I'm not going to use both at the same time.

5. Rock'N'Rolla

Btw u can try a grenade. It is very powerfull.

The Otherguy and • Percy • like this.
  6. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

I am an Enforcer as well. I know everyone says this, but I use both because of the way the game sends me weapons. I agree you have to choose between 10% to blast cannon OR sniper perks, but your ship is still getting 10% more damage. Once you hit Mk5, or if you were running 2x either sniper or blast then focusing perks will amplify the performance.

I find sniper to be very helpful with blast as I get long range and close.

Remember you are limited to 1 point weapons so our choices are limited. For pure damage its blast cannons with fire perks. Faster cooldown for cannon does get you more shots but you have to be in close combat for longer making you an open target. I say use what the RNG gives you! Another decent 1 point weapon for versatility are one of the mortars or swift torpedo. Its all about preference.

Taevion0 likes this.
  7. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    I've sunk a lot of time and money into my cannon, so it is hard for me to part with it, but sniper or blast cannon seems to be the way to go. The high damage 1 slot items are blast cannon, grenade, swift torp, and sniper cannon, which can be augmented with the frost/fire perks (they really help). Cannon is a great weapon, but you will be too busy hitting the yelllow items to use it effectively.

8. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    I felt like that with my T3 epic sniper too. You just gotta let go :). I have all rare weapons but my rare T3 blast does pretty much the same as my sniper and I get burn damage. So yeah lel

9. disorder

disorder Active Member

mk5 enforcer here.

there is 1 second cooldown between each use of power (around it),
    there is 5 power for mk5 enforcer, so it take at least 5second for use them all if all timer are up.
    so for me regular canon is useless, i prefered switched to blast/flare/grenade (it's a 10s cooldown, enough quick for me)
    and next point.... teslabolt is useless with regular canon... and i love my teslabolt with his 10s cooldown

10. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I have a mk4 shooter and was given two epic regular cannons so I run with it, it hits reliably, always is ready and I have three rare damage perks on it

11. Nashav

Nashav New Member

Late reply here,
    I play Mk5 enforcer, I use t4r cannon, t3e blast and t3r flare / t2e swift torp / e mine.
    The way I play is i'm not fully using the 3 weapons all the time, I use two killing weapons and one bonus weapon.
    Basically I don't focus on flare / swift / mine too much, only when i'm sure to get a hit (for flare & swift) or for crowd control (swift & mine).

Cannon fits my playstyle very well because i'm only using two weapons to deal real damage, the rest is for extra and bonus damage.
    By concentrating on two weapons most of the time i can land all my shots . But that's also why I need that short reload cannon to be ready to fire.
    Cannon with its fast reload and decent aim is amazing, i've maxed that baby as much as i could with the best perks i could find; 410 damage, close to 500 with fire, every 4.4 sec ! I love blast cannon too, it's my real heavy hitting weapon. It deals almost 700 dmg (not maxed yet, but epic is so hard to level up..) but when you consider the reload time, i can do 1200 with cannon in the meantime (well, with 1 second short)
    But I mostly rely on my cannon cause it's so responsive and accurate, i'd say i do 50% of my damage with it. Blast cannon you have to get close and lead your shot, but it's worth it once it hits.
    Also, when an enemy is down to 200 health; one hit with the cannon and in 4 seconds it's loaded again whereas with the blast you'd have to waste some precious cooldown time.

FirnenAhead likes this.
  12. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

People say that a lot, but, actually, they are both excellent weapons, and a lot of the talents on Bhurt's tree benafit them both. They have a couple of conflicts, but it doesn't make them unusable. If you always try to max out the damage on BC and max out the crit chance on sniper, then there is only one talent where you're forced to choose.

benguin8 likes this.
  13. FirnenAhead

FirnenAhead Well-Known Member

Hi there. I use an Enforcer MK5 too, and I love my standard cannon. I use Grenade + Blast Cannon (a 1.2k damage Combo in just seconds) when i'm close enough... for mid-large range and furtive targets, standard cannon is a reliable and continuous source of damage. I think it's because of my short-range setup, but I would'nt stop using my standard cannon.

However with your setup it could be a good decision switching the Standard for another Sniper, only if you had another high level Sniper... You should'nt scrap your cannon anyway. It is a great weapon, depending on your gear and gameplay.

14. Rock'N'Rolla

If people say that a lot, they are right. I don't want to explain it again.

But if you wanna win more you should make good and smart build first of all. Just saying.

15. ViscountSniffit

No, that's known as an appeal to popularity, and it's an informal fallacy.

The sniper is one of the best weapons in the game, excellent range and chance to crit. Just because you have to make some compromises on the talent tree doesn't make the combo useless. If those weapons fit your play style, you can still do really well with them. Especially if you luck out with perks and dupes.

16. Rock'N'Rolla

No, that's known as logic.

Btw can I take a look at a screenshot of your build?

17. ViscountSniffit

If you knew anything about logic, you would realise how funny your statement is. The appeal to popularity is actually the opposite of logic, it's a well known example (in logic) of flawed reasoning, because it stems from a false premise (though the conclusion might still be correct). If you are interested in logic then you can read about it here:

https://www.skepticalraptor.com/ske...s/appeal-to-popular-belief-logical-fallacies/

And here:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Also, I don't run BC and Sniper. But If they were my two best weapons, I would have no problem running them side by side.

Last edited: 18 Sep 2017
  18. Rock'N'Rolla

A appealed to popularity just to explain why I don't wanna waste time explaining you primitive things like why using sniper+blast, mines+missles etc is a bad decision (cause they were explained lots of times at this forum already). But u still made me waste time explaining you primitive things. Good job! I won't do that any more.

19. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That. Is really. Interesting. But, what about burn damage that is the bc's bread and butter? Won't you miss out in that department? If not, please show me your Bhurt tree

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  20. ViscountSniffit

Thanks for the pro tip. However, you didn't "explain" anything, you just repeated it and said it was true. Furthermore, I don't need it explaining anyway, because I'm already fully aware that there are conflicts on the talent tree.

My whole point is that 'in spite of conflicts' the combination is still quite usable. If people are able to get to nightmare league with rare weapons, then explain to me why someone couldn't also get to nightmare league with a t5 Epic sniper, just because it is missing a few talents? It would still be an obscenely powerful weapon.

The sniper is also quite a unique weapon. If you want something for early game sniping, what's the alternative? Rail gun with double the cool down? That's not ideal either. So a sniper with less power might still be a preferable option.

If you like the sniper and find it useful, then you don't have to avoid it just because you're running a Blast Cannon. You might have to settle for a little less power, but then everyone who isn't running t5 legendaries also has to settle for a little less power. Since that's almost everyone, it's kind of moot.

Last edited: 19 Sep 2017