1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

THIS MAY BE A CRAZY IDEA, BUT I THINK IT WOULD WORK FOR COMPETITIVE TOP 20 PLAYERS

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by John Doe 122333, 13 Feb 2019.

1. John Doe 122333

John Doe 122333 New Member

So I know top players are complaining about the same people in the top 10 every season getting the same rewards. The rich get richer scheme in a capitalist world.

What if you make the rewards for the top 10 position less than those from 11th to 20th? Basically making the position 11th-20th the ones with the most rewards.

Everyone would compete for the top 11-20th position. This way, the top 10 will never stop playing once they reached their top position like usual. Because they would likely try to drop back below top 10, but not sure how much. That's all I got for now. I'm up for any feedback on this.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

The issue will be that it will turn into a sealclubbing race, so not really. There's no real solution to this, as a matter of fact. Nerfing rewards at the top will just encourage players to not push. Same for your idea, except in your case, it will encourage people to drop infamy to... Win? xD

Well, the top 20 earn their keep imho. They work really hard to get there, and the only WAY to get to the top 20 is to play Ranked super hard. No matter how much you spend, top 20 is a place for almost 100% pure skill. The players there are immensely strong, and tbh, they're actually as high up as a player can go. The only pronounced difference in NML1 and 2 is the leggy piece rewards(which, considering only world #1 gets 10 of them, is not really OP) and even legendaries are rather underwhelming if you think about it (you need to have a t3 legendary to outdo a t5 epic, that's a month and a half of getting World #1, getting all same color pieces, AND managing to get three identical legendary items from them).

As a NML2, I do want to push NML1 one day, but tbh it'll be for the ability to gain diverse loadouts rather than get stronger on my main loadout. The rich don't get richer, I think. They get more leeway to play what they want, which, from a game balance perspective, is not bad at all.

3. Guncaptain809

Guncaptain809 Well-Known Member

I’m still trying to push to master league. Doesn’t matter though, sealclubbers and suiciders abound.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  4. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I feel like Masters is the worst league to push through. It is the most diverse league in terms of players. If you think about it, masters is the halfway point on the infamy spectrum which means you can run into low level and high level players. Some have a good skill level but underpowered gear and others have no skill and really strong gear.
    Due to this it almost turns to lure luck to push through that barrier.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.