1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

This issue, needs to be fixed with fire bomb.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Gnu, 17 Mar 2018.

1. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Look, i am getting sick and tired of the misjudged fire bomb areas. I always stay outside the area and i still take about 10+ seconds of full fire bomb damage, while being at risk of being hit by cannons which are boosted by the effect.
    Here's an example of what i'm talking about.

A8AEDC1B-9703-491C-8300-BF2B75509D8E.jpeg
    Observe, the player here in this match is very much on the edge of the fire bomb. Obviously he wouldn't be hit by the full effect of fire bomb on the outside.
    D392FAEF-F426-4389-B839-D7124BE900C6.jpeg
    But the game shows that he is still hit by the full effect of the fire bomb, while being very near the edge of the fire bomb. The logic in it is very stupid. While upon the rework of the fire bomb it made this issue worse. Also with more than two fire bombs, it's already madness and frustrating.

Please fix this.

@PastelPiku

2. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Agree. Battle Bay is known for it's dynamic battlefield. The constant wave movements are what make the game so awesome. The issue is that when it comes to mortar weapons, the prediction circles don't follow along.

This statement is actually true for all mortars, including grenades. This is actually most obvious with the grenade launcher on Sub-Zero. I typically have grenades thrown right over my head even when the circle implies it should hit me.

Dynamic battlefields call for dynamic information. The vertical aim assist was a form of dynamic information that we didn't ask for (toggle for this, please). This is one that players have been practically begging for. The circle should move with the waves so that getting hit feels justified and not totally random.

3. DANIEL NEAG...

DANIEL NEAG... New Member

Yey to the toggle option.

PastelPiku likes this.
  4. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Had to bump, this issue needs more attention.

Nikkie! and PastelPiku like this.
  5. wtfack

wtfack Active Member

i have 2 fire bombs and i agree, its bug..

*JAWS*, Hokuse and PastelPiku like this.
  6. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Honestly i have no problems with this on yellow boats but if i want to play shooter this is a common thing to happen. The fire bomb radius is misjudged and i take full duration on top of full damage. If you have no fixers on your team or no bandages you cannot really do anything.

Last edited: 18 Mar 2018
  7. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

This is the reason why I equipped nitrous on my MK6 Enforcer.

With my speed 1.36 I can't run away from firebomb totally, almost always I hit it on the edge. Before update it meant 22 x 5 damage maximum, now it means 70+ damage x 12+ seconds duration. Which basically takes 1/6 of my health..

..ON THE EDGE.. just think about it how ridiculous the bug is.

TheAntiSnipe and PastelPiku like this.
  8. HARPO!

HARPO! Well-Known Member

I’m a Performer! Television and Stage!
    PRRREEEEEEEEEEACH!!

PastelPiku likes this.
  9. PastelPiku

Security
    I drew a diagram to explain what I was talking about with the inaccurate hit trajectories. The firebomb is not bugged, the information given is just flawed.

motars.png

Again, this applies to all mortar type weapons, including grenades.

10. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Wow this impressive work. ;)

11. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Looks legit, but still game info needs fixing.

12. PastelPiku

Security
    Yes, I was saying the firebomb itself is not flawed, but the info definitely needs to be dynamic like the waves. On a side note, the vertical aim assist would be much better off showing a green line predicting their position instead of forcing the cursor over. Dynamic information is good, forced aiming pisses people off.