1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The Yellow suicide intentional feeders are ruining this game

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Terry Morgan, 5 Jun 2017.

1. Terry Morgan

Terry Morgan Well-Known Member

Please add a east report after game for the hundreds of speeder that just rush in and suicide at the beginning of the game. Or better yet only allow speeders in high leagues. They are doing it to drop infamy to gain more items, but it ruins others games and is getting unbearable. I'm not wasting another dime until this is addressed and remedied.

KilleWh4le likes this.
  2. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Yeah I've seen this quite some times too. A report option would be nice.

3. Never0dd0reveN

Never0dd0reveN Member

That seems kind of selfish. You can't get good at a class without playing it. Have you never had a bad game, or is it only important and unfair when other players have bad games when you're on the team?

I've seen just about every class of ship get destroyed easily in this game. But since speeders are generally out front when they play, they're the first to be targeted... Which is also they're job. You should be taking advantage of that and firing in the enemies whileyou're not being targeted and take advantage of the time they give you.

ChickenSurprise and monobrow like this.
  4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Well, there's a difference between a speeder legitimately trying to learn or to scout and a speeder rushing to the front just to die. I guess it can be hard to see sometimes though, it could be tricky deciding which is which. But there are definitely people using this the way some people use AFK, as intentional infamy drop.

5. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Not the idea @Never0dd0reveN. These players could be good players, they are doing this for a reason:
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/gold-farmers-mb-need-nerf.1560/#post-10897

6. Never0dd0reveN

Never0dd0reveN Member

You assume...

7. maybe not

maybe not New Member

The other way of fixing this would be altering the reward system so that dropping infamy is no longer a good way of farming items

8. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

It's not an assumption when you see a speeder just overboost and nitro their way into the enemy spawn point within the first 10 secs and simply die. Then, you think of the reasons why one would do that.

9. NcDiablosaur

NcDiablosaur Member

Not just speeders. I have seen enforcers and even fixers zip in and just let themselves get melted.

10. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Just the fastest way to get there. But yeah sure, those obviously work too with the right items and fast enough to do this.

11. Rango8

Rango8 Well-Known Member

So a little embarrassed to say this but I usually run a defender, mk4, 1800 inf, but sometimes I like trying speeder because ik it's supposedly easier to use once you get to high levels and sometimes I screw up and run straight into the enemy team not knowing what I'm doing and die. I've honestly never seen people intentionally dropping so I'm just wondering if that's what you guys are noticing. People like me playing ignorantly

NcDiablosaur likes this.
  12. NcDiablosaur

NcDiablosaur Member

Rango8,

I hear you on that. I am not saying I am a very experienced speeder but even as it is my main now, I still make an occasional mistake and make a turn right into a group of ships that melt me quick.

IOError and Rango8 like this.
  13. Never0dd0reveN

Never0dd0reveN Member

Nope rango and ncdiablo, you're intentionally feeding! No other explanation apparently!

Edit: #sarcasm

Last edited: 5 Jun 2017
    Rango8 likes this.
  14. NcDiablosaur

NcDiablosaur Member

Oh making mistakes is intentional. Thanks for the clarity Never0ddreveN.... glad to find Mr. Perfect.

15. Never0dd0reveN

Never0dd0reveN Member

Don't thank me, thank d3x. They're the one with the ability to see the screens and read the mind of all players to know exactly what they're doing in the match

GunnyHiGHway and Rango8 like this.
  16. Dan

Dan New Member

Um thats kinda what theyre meant do. But not die, every now and then though you can just get early beaten but mostly they distract loads of shots and deal heaps of damage.

17. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

And what do you mean by that? It's obviously intentional that these players commit suicide in the game, and pretty much immediately after the game starts. So that intent is easy to conclude what their goal is... you don't need to see screens or read minds.

David Bonaparte and Terry Morgan like this.
  18. Never0dd0reveN

Never0dd0reveN Member

Again, you assume. Because people can never be trying a new class, or be new at the game, or bad at the game, or maybe you're not firing on the enemy white they're doing their job and drawing fire... It's always the worst possible scenario that they're intentionally ruining your game. I suppose it also only happens when they're on your team and never the other team.

Get over yourself

Last edited: 6 Jun 2017
  19. ProInseminator

ProInseminator New Member

I have to agree to a certain extent. My main ship is a fixer but when ever the season ends and a new one begins I tend to use my speeder (which I'm not very good at still) and I tend to loose a lot more than I win which causes me to go from 1600 infamy down to almost 700.. I'm not purposefully doing this, but if I don't take advantage of the time at the beginning of the season to use my speeder then how will I master any other ships without loosing my league bonus. I feel as though the algorithm for matchmaking should be based on your ships level FIRST and then have infamy taken into account.

20. GunnyHiGHway

GunnyHiGHway Member

How do3s one gain items by dropping inf? That makes no sense. There is no item bonus for being lower lvl

Or it could be the horrendous server connectivity that cause most of the "afk".

This dude gets it. They couldnt possibly have gone link dead while sailing along and when the game catches up theyre in the middle of the enemy. Thats usually what happened when i sail straight i to the enemy
    You notice the orange "!" And its too late to turn around.

Naaa its intentional im sure. They only want to ruin your experience. Couldnt be rolio's horrendous servers.

Last edited by a moderator: 7 Jun 2017