1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The P2W wall is a bit too soon

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by dikshift, 9 May 2017.

1. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

After a week of pretty intense playing, I'm a lvl 12 captain with 3 lvl 10 rares, and 1 lvl 10 uncommon. And now I'm stuck. Although I put time and effort into the game, there is just no way to scale past the training time and duplicate item RNG walls unless I spend an exorbitant amount of money. Although gameplay is great, not being able to upgrade anything for god knows how long is a bit frustrating. Especially since not only can you not buy duplicates from the shop, but also 750k for one rare? Really? Rares are basically necessities from 1k onwards, it doesn't make sense to jack their prices so high.

I think a simple way to make the game not so "sticky" (for a lack of a better word) is to simply make evolution at lvl 20 instead of 10, allowing people to continue upgrading while also having more time to train trainers to evolution levels. Thoughts?

2. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

I agree with what you say, but now that there are more star crates available each day (we used to only get 3 pre global release) the chances are better now than they have ever been. And the prices in the shop are high as an incentive to play more to earn that gold. It's much harder to move up without laying out SOME cash, but it CQN be done. And I personally feel the pride of achieving it without paying, will ultimately be more rewarding than someone who drops $500 on the game the first day. And enjoy the challenge at 1k infamy... It only gets harder :D

SCOOTY PUFF Jr likes this.
  3. dikshift

dikshift Active Member

:( I dropped back to 800, couldn't handle the big boys. Can't wait until I get some tier 3 weapons though lol

Mr squiqqle likes this.
  4. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

Trust me, when your items are of an appropriate level, it's great fun. But if you have high Infamy with low level items, getting slaughtered every match can be... frustrating, lol

Memorize and dikshift like this.
  5. Memorize

Memorize Member

You just need to be patient as @Mr squiqqle said pre global release way harder than this with any items can't be purchase and the higher infamy as stronger players will be. Please understand the games requires time and patience not just a few day to be fully equipped or you rather spend money to rush things up.
    As I am myself a pearls buyer still having hard time to reach to the top not easy as you think and I'm still lost to F2P players. it's competitive game you've to hard work to reach to the top if not I'm wouldn't consider playing this game at all. This game has it own charm you'll realize soon when you know it.

Mr squiqqle likes this.