1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The only thing I really disliked about this last update...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Help I Cant Swim, 23 Feb 2018.

1. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

Is the changes made to Wayward Pains. This was by far my favorite map because it was the only one that you cannot rain down mortars. It was awesome that the devs had the kahunas to make a map that favored close-range brawling rather than the sniping and mortar spamming we see on EVERY SINGLE OTHER MAP. I just wish they had left it the way it is..

I know some people will argue... "well that map makes every mortar user useless"... well then you should have brought a more varied arsenal into battle and not relied on spamming mortars and snipers.

How do you think I feel every time Subzero gets picked? My close-range weapons are basically useless on that map.

If the devs are willing to make Wayward Pains more mortar friendly, then I want them to make Subzero more close-range friendly.

2. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

Not gonna happen..

3. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

A man can dream, can't he?

4. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

I don't think even after the update there is that much room to spam mortars in wayward pains compared to all other maps, it's the torpedos that give me chills in that map..

5. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

You mean you don't like my Swift Torpedo meeting you at that corner? Strange.. Because you keep running into it :p

6. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

But if you are playing defender and you still don't know the map, you'll be mortar spammed to the death :eek::eek::eek:

7. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

“Well then you should have brought a more varied arsenal into battle and not relied on short range weapons”

8. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

Haha..Good one

9. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

That made me laugh :D

10. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

That is my point! If they are willing to make Wayward Pains more friendly for mortar users because some mortar users have cried about it, then why can't Subzero be more close-range friendly? I cringe every time I see that map pop up. But I never brought it up before because I just sucked it up... which is what the mortar users should have done on Wayward.

I'd love to just throw on my dual snipers... but my guild needs me to be Grenade/Blast Cannon/Swift Torpedo. :(

11. noelips

noelips Member

I agree with you bro. Wayward Pains use to be a beautiful map. Now it's a crap map. My hopes for vastly differnet kinds of maps in this game where shot down with this update. Wayward Pains used to be a great break from all the other maps. But now its just Chillzone with walls EVERYWHERE.* There's no need to add anymore maps if they're all going to be about the same basic thing as all the maps we have now.

*Ceilings and doors not included.

12. ElMataC

ElMataC Member

Difference being that in Sub Zero you can still put to use your close ranged weapons, while mortars in WaywardPains were actually useless.

PS: I hate Sub Zero so much, and I am not even relegated to close combat, I really feel you man

13. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

YES

We have enough wide open mortar maps with small areas of walls and roofs. We don't need anymore of these. Wayward was a step in the right direction. But we went one step forward and two steps back.

14. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I have felt very useless many times on Subzero. If the fight doesn't take place in one spawn zone or just around the center pillar, I'm a sitting duck... literally a duck because I'm big, yellow and in water.

Edit: also, I don't really care if mortars were useless in Wayward Pains. Mortars only represent 6 out of the 19 weapons. You shouldn't be taking just one type of weapon into battle anyways.

15. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

Like the previous guy said, Why can't you take your own advice and slap on some mortars and not rely so heavily on short range weapons, lol

And you can't possibly compare subzero with wayward pains, subzero has ton of space for short range weapons, after a minute into a battle and it's all about short range weapons damage on that map, meanwhile in previous wayward pains, it was literal hell for mortar users beginning to end, changes made were necessary and good.

Last edited: 24 Feb 2018
  16. Chumleetm

Chumleetm Member

Agreed...was it so bad to have just one map without morter spam?

17. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

That's my second complaint about the update, the first is the broken UI buttons.
    Wayward Pains was the one place you could have fun without the incessant mortar spam. By the way, I'm close to 2600, when do they "stop using mortars"?

Neptune_Gaming and • Percy • like this.
  18. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

Yeah it is unfair and horrible for many players, this game is RNG to the core, if the game gave you epic mortar dupes then you are gonna use it, and it'd be a huge bummer to have a map where you dont even get a chance to fire that thing..

19. Chumleetm

Chumleetm Member

But it's just one map, for players who like to fight not sit back behind a wall and blindly lob morters. For the record I've scrapped 3-4 epic bertas and a couple long range because those are the epics the game keeps giving me. I do however you the ballpark morter because I got a legendary.

20. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

Yeah, now you are just exaggerating mortar spam, almost no one prefers to do that, people barely spam any wepaon, if we are gonna talk about rarity cases like all mortar spam then I can say, ive seen players with all torpedos spam with devastating results on wayward pains, let's do something about that, most of the players have one or two mortars, cause mortars arent op weapons, they barely do any damage compared to same leveled other weapons..

And even after the update wayward pains is still an map for short range battles, all maps are, but before you simply can't fire a mortar without it being blocked by wall or roof, it's much fair this way

Neptune_Gaming and • Percy • like this.