1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The new way they pick rivalries promotes tanking

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Pugs117, 23 Feb 2018.

1. Pugs117

Pugs117 New Member

The update was great except for the way the guilds are selected in rivalry. It should be based on infamy, not how many quests you completed in a week. Why should guilds that barely play get the 42,000 token reward and guilds that work their butts off get a 1,000 token reward?

Plus this will promote tanking during rivalries. Guilds won't compete one week just so they can come in first the following week.

2. DrLuigiPhd

DrLuigiPhd Active Member

I would like to see the reward for finishing a board scale with the difficulty and follow the multiplier of the individual quest rewards.

• Percy • and roytchai like this.
  3. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

I disagree, i think matching guilds based on their infamy promotes tanking, guild rivalry has became much more fair and square after the update.

4. Trium

Trium Active Member

How do you like the idea, that every player will receive the same reward for the quests, no matter he did one or fifty?
    How do you like the idea, that every player will receive the same monthly reward for battles, no matter he did one or one thousand?

I don't want to disappoint you, but the rivalry bonus works in this way right now. The fact, that you don't understand it makes you think it's fine.
    Of course maybe you just answered "yes" to my first two questions, then you realize how it works and you really like it :)

• Percy • and Pugs117 like this.
  5. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

With current guild matchmaking system, you get rivals that completes same amount of quests as you, how much more fair rivalry do you want. And matchmaking based on total guild infamy is unfair to the core, many guilds were floating and intentionally keeping their infamy low to get easier rivals, this was the sole reason devs changed the matchmaking in first place, and now you guys want to go back to that utterly unfair system..Smh

6. Trium

Trium Active Member

I will try to explain again

How do you understand Equality and Fairness?
    When the result depends on efforts, or when it is the same for everyone?

Is it fair when you go to work 40 hours per week, and your neighbour sits at home doing nothing, but you receive the same reward?
    Or is it fair when you receive more for doing more?

Don't you realize that current Rivalry gives everyone the same reward? Don't you understand that there is no rivalry at all?

• Percy • and Pugs117 like this.
  7. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

Dude, that's how guild rivalries have always worked, even before the update, no matter what kinda matchmaking you bring up, rewards are always gonna be same for every one respective of their rivalry rank, a rock bottom level guild need to complete just few quests and they can score 42k reward while guilds like rebellion has to go well over 60 quests to get that same reward.
    The only thing that has changed after the update, now rivalries are much more fair, no longer can any guild exploit the system by deliberately tanking their infamy and get easier opppnenets.

Mister Kevin and • Percy • like this.
  8. Darwin nailed it

Darwin nailed it Member

Exact opposite of this, now rivalry isvery intense and competitive now than before.

Last edited: 23 Feb 2018
  9. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

Actually current rivalry system is much better. Now rivalry are Competitive and Fair.
    And about tanking, devs never said that they will give rivalry acc. To previous rivalry results. Maybe they are counting two or more previous Rivalry quest done. How will people tank then.

Mister Kevin and Kitterini like this.
  10. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Remember that a top guild pulls like 200k tokens before they even get the 42k. It hardly matters if they get 1st or 6th. I once took a week-long break and when I came back I had like 80k+ tokens. We're not even a top guild, comprised of mostly 1k infamy players. Forget about the bonus for getting 1st place. Play hard and have fun!

11. Trium

Trium Active Member

There is no rivalry, if result doesn't depend on what I do.

I can do zero quests, I can do 100 quests, the reward from rivalry will be the same for me in a long run.
    We have reward from quests, but we don't have rivalry.

Pugs117 and PastelPiku like this.
  12. PastelPiku

Security
    Ah, now I'm following. This clarifies the OP's point for me.

Trium likes this.
  13. PastelPiku

Security
    This would fix that issue.

14. Trium

Trium Active Member

Or just increasing the reward for clearing the boards. If rivalry bonus will stand just for 10% of overall tokens, nobody will blame because of current system.

But it won't fix the issue that in fact there is nothing to stimulate the competition. Because doing more efforts in one season leads to less rewards in the next one.
    Nobody cares about places of their opponents in this rivalry, the only thing matters - tokens.

The proper system would work like this: I do more - I receive more.
    How system works now: do whatever you want, everyone is equal

15. PastelPiku

Security
    How about something like this:
    Change 1st place reward to just 2k tokens, then 1k for 2nd, 500 for 3rd, and so on. Multiply that amount by the amount of quests completed by your guild at the end of the rivalry. 50 quests = 100k tokens for first place. 2 quests? Just 4k.

These are just example numbers, let the devs figure out what's fair for the base values.

yellow flash, Wezsh0T and Trium like this.
  16. Trium

Trium Active Member

Sounds good, I like it

But matchmaking based on completed quests will still lead to the following situation:
    1. Your average performance as a guild is 50 quests per week (in this way everyone plays the game to the comfortable level)
    2. You get the same opponents (50q/w)
    3. You try hard, skip your work and don't kiss your wife - you complete 60 quests this week
    4. Congratulations, first place!
    5. Next week, your average performance is the same (50 quests), but your opponents have 60.
    6. Take your last place with 50 q/w
    7. Go to 1

Pugs117, benguin8 and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  17. PastelPiku

Security
    Classic push-pull of a ranked system. At least it'll still be worth it to reach high. 50x a base reward of like 500 is still like 25k. Add that to the better rewards from the quests themselves and it becomes suboptimal to tank the rivalry system.

18. Trium

Trium Active Member

Yeah, that is why matchmaking by completed quests is a terrible idea.

Let's be honest, for now we don't have interesting clan vs clan system. Developers would better just delete this rivalry and keep only tokens for quests and boards.

My idea:
    Create a global competition between ALL clans.

Top 1% of clans with the highest trophies farmed - top 1 reward
    Top 5% of clans with the highest trophies farmed - top 2 reward
    Top 10% of clans with the highest trophies farmed - top 3 reward
    Top 20% of clans with the highest trophies farmed - top 4 reward
    Top 30% of clans with the highest trophies farmed - top 5 reward
    Top 50% of clans with the highest trophies farmed - top 6 reward
    Else - top 7 reward

trophies - for guild quest contribution

This will be interesting and stimulating.

19. PastelPiku

Security
    This right here. 100% Help Together Yes.

Pugs117 and Trium like this.
  20. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

You have got to be kidding me. Every single one of your posts is just downright wrong. Let me show you some simple math..

Guild A = completes 48 quests per week and averages a ranking of 3rd. They don't move up or down.

Guild B = completes 1 quest per week and gets first every time.

In 1 week, Guild B receives 1,000 tokens for the quest and 42,000 tokens for 1st place. Grand total of 43,000 tokens.

In 1 week, Guild A receives 66,000 tokens for the quest, 48,000 tokens for the 4 boards, and 10,000 tokens for the 3rd place. Grand total of 124,000 tokens.

Even if you make Guild A get last place, they still bring in 72,000 more tokens than Guild B.

It is a fact. More quests completed = more tokens. If this was not true, then why would the top guilds (the players that actually know how to get the best rewards) be trying to do so many quests?

The absolutely only time that Guild B would receive more tokens is if Guild A doesn't complete Board 2 (which is easy for most guilds) and then gets 5th-6th place. But that is going to be such a small portion of the guilds that it is not worth accounting for this situation.

Please let me hear what moronic argument you have with these cold hard facts.