1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The matchmaking in this game has become a joke

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by BasedCarpen, 25 Mar 2019.

1. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

When I first started playing you atleast attempted to balance the amount of fixers on each team, now its just ridiculous. I largely stopped playing because its just too frustrating playing constant mismatch after mismatch

Redneck Messiah likes this.
  2. Nicolas

Nicolas Well-Known Member

Matchmaking is perfectly fine

3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Which is fine... the matches with 5000 Gear Score difference, or the matches with 3000 Infamy difference amongst participants?

4. DerrickRose

DerrickRose Active Member

Hi Nicolas,
    Welcome to Battle bay!
    You never played this game correct?

5. Su-57

Su-57 Well-Known Member

Artist
    lol

I jist had a battle unfriendly tema had 7k gearscore each players and infamy was 1500-2300 . my team had under 6k gear score and most of them were warrior league players . some even had only 4.5k gear score . i did 44k dmg but my team died too soon . when i checked players in both team it was very unbalanced .

6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

That's sarcasm, right? Please tell me that's sarcasm. It's pretty damn far from fine, there's a reason EVERYONE talks about it. Fixer unbalances, EVEN in the lower leagues, massive GS unbalances, COMPLETELY UNBALANCED GS deltas... I don't see how that's fine?

7. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

What world do YOU live in? Please take me there... I want to play ranked again

8. Nicolas

I don't know why people keep complaining about matchmaking. Back when there wasn't much unbalanced fixer teams they used to complain about matchmaking. They complain about matchmaking and they will continue to complain about matchmaking no matter how good or bad it's.
    For me, matchmaking is good.
    Instead of complaining, go ahead and suggest an efficient way to improve matchmaking in general.
    Ranked matchmaking
    Events matchmaking

9. BasedCarpen

I've been suggesting it for over a year

STOP GIVING ONE TEAM A FIXER

Ultrah and Redneck Messiah like this.
  10. envylife

All players should be equals. Boat types should be balanced.
    Ranked: Infamy.
    Events/Casual: Item strength (GS + specific item training).

11. Nicolas

All players should be equal? Explain more.
    Now all nightmare players (fleeted or not) should be counted as 4000 for faster matchmaking and more competitive gameplay. Note: all solo 5k+ are counted as 5k (maybe fleeted soon).

Regarding events GS, cpt lvl... no skill factor. This is the only thing left for events mm.

12. envylife

Approximately within 10% of the primary matchmaking criteria... For example if ranked, 10% Infamy deviation between all players in a match. So a 2k player should expect 2000-2200 range, or 1800-2000 range, or 1900-2100 range. If you have a match with All 4 major leagues as participants, it is meaningless. I've had those matches.

Agreed... and Casual/Events were never set up as skill. The challenge there is to grind coins as fast as you can, which mean choosing the right ship, the right items, and employing the right tactics. For this last event I didn't have any good torps, so I was shooting out T2E or T5R torps and getting hit with T5R in return. Not efficient, and not very effective... so now I know where my weakness is when it comes to a future torp event.

13. Nicolas

Still, you need to keep matches as balanced as possible. There is a very efficient way to do it just with gs.
    I'm still waiting for anyone to be creative enough.

14. envylife

To reiterate, using GS alone is not sufficient... needs to be adjusted by training.

15. Nicolas

I'm telling you, there is a way to make gs reflect your skills.
    Just use your imagination.

16. BasedCarpen

17. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Attached Files:

18. Chardaim

Chardaim Member

Yep, every single game I've played with matchmaking has issues. No way to escape it, there is just a lot of players with different amount of skill. I remember in another game called Battlerite that it had so few people playing in ranked that our team was matched up with I think one of the top 10 teams in NA. We got stomped lol. Anyway, it doesn't matter, super active games or low active games will have matchmaking issues. Try to see where you made mistakes and improve on poor matches, enjoy the free win when you get it, and enjoy the game when it's most fun in the rare balanced match.

Ultrah likes this.