1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The matchmaking in TDM is absolute trash.

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by BasedCarpen, 6 Jul 2018.

1. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Seriously, how about compensating people who have to grind through constant mismatches. It's just lame.

Screenshot_2018-07-06-08-01-03.png

LuxuryLiner, EyesTv and ShipCrusherCz like this.
  2. EyesTv

EyesTv Member

Play BB
    Matchmaking is anything I do two shot at half the time and I have to put 20 shots for him to die.

3. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

That is a very rough match bro, you was doomed from the off.
    Your friend taking the firebombs is an odd decision, burst damage is usually better in these matches.

4. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I outlined the issues with EventMatchmaker(tm) in last event, and that is unchanged for this event. The key takeaway is this: if you have even one Epic T5 on your boat, you are giving a green light to EventMatchmaker(tm) to match you against the best players in the world, regardless of Captain Level, Infamy, or Gear Score. That's just how it is. Your fleet mate has 2 of them.

https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/1v1-event-matchmaking-issues.20559/page-4#post-155439

Last edited: 6 Jul 2018
    EyesTv likes this.
  5. BasedCarpen

This is making want to just quit the game more than anything, if the devs are this tone deaf to balance.

Screenshot_2018-07-06-09-48-01.png

6. BasedCarpen

Yes. Spamming cannons in the face repeatedly. So exciting.

7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

You do have high level gear, so you will be pulling matches from the top.
    To be honest you are pulling the same guys who I did last event, difference being I was a MK5 and dont even have a T5 Epic :D

8. Claudius Maximus

Claudius Maximus Active Member

Just a thought... how about suggesting a viable alternative instead of just saying "this system is crap"?

Based on your loadout: I think that bandages are going to struggle as they usually take some time to be more worthy than shields, that's time you won't have with speeders/enforcers rushing you down and isolating you.

Also, I'm yet to see a fixer to be a viable option (selfish or otherwise) - Fixers are just too squishy to be used in these small duels imo.

9. BasedCarpen

What's my suggestion for gross mismatches, is that what you are asking me here? I think it's pretty obvious

10. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

look at the healing in that game that says all you need to about why you lost! Please can everyone when posting these screenshots also post the GS for both sides as then we get a fairer idea on how biased the game was. To me apart from the MK difference this doesn't look too bad depending on the lvl of the epics

11. Claudius Maximus

Claudius Maximus Active Member

Well if I’m not wrong, this is the first TDM which has permitted fleeting. So I presume you need to be in fleeting infamy range to enter the event together. There is however no restriction on gearscore as far as I’m aware, so the wide discrepancies in gearscore will no doubt create issues when pairing teams up. Is the suggestion to put a restriction on gear score so that you can only fleet with similar gearscore powered ships?

If this leads to longer waiting times, how long is an acceptable wait for a more accurate opponent match? 3mins? 5mins?

Cricketmad likes this.
  12. Cricketmad

Cricketmad Well-Known Member

I believe this is the problem I fleeted earlier and came up against a team with combined GS of 22k but my team had 18k. Of course I was straight on here to complain, oh wait I just played another game instead :p

My match was 800 infamy different and they were mk above me so yes I think this may be causing issues we have not had before as previously the system could partner you with a similar GS player and then match you up against 2 similar GS players.

13. BasedCarpen

14. BasedCarpen

We lost because we got steamrolled by an mk7 defender with 20k hp, so take your pot shots at me all you want, the god damn system is broken.

15. • RICOCHET •

• RICOCHET • New Member

I don't know why they all aren't replaying to the "real topic" which is mis-matching here, they all are suggesting lame excusing on why you lost. No matter how bad he plays. Still there is a ton of difference of gear points between the two teams!

BasedCarpen likes this.
  16. BasedCarpen

17. BasedCarpen

Exactly this. I can accept losing, the matchups are not even close to fair. At least compensate the rewards accordingly so we're not grinding getting destroyed and one shotted for 3 coins.

Half the people playing events are complaining about not getting their 15 wins in a row achievement and the other about the ridiculous matchmaking against pay to play whales. You'd think someone would catch on to the problem here

18. guykakin

guykakin Member

Yeah, what's with the matchmaking? Up to 3k or more inf differences between teams

19. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Last event was worse for me.
    I upgraded to a MK6 and enjoying this one a lot more, currently on a win streak of 5, averaging 7-8 coins per game.

20. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

That's why I'm always against anything less than 3v3. There simply aren't enough boats to balance the team. If enemy team gets 2 mk7, so be it. Whereas in 5v5 system actually tries to balance teams with 6 additional ships to work with. In here we don't even get that.