1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The legendary fourth perk slot - tier delay which makes no sense

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by VantaBlack, 4 Mar 2018.

1. VantaBlack

VantaBlack Active Member

If I didn't know when you would unlock a fourth perk slot on a legendary and I was asked to make an estimate based on when other rarities get their Xth slot and the damage they do I would have guessed at tier 1. But no, you get your fourth perks slot at tier 3 on legendary. I find it strange enough that a fourth perk slot isn't unlocked at tier 1, let alone not unlocked at tier 2. It never gets a 5th slot and on top of that unlocks its final slot late on.

A common item unlocks its 1st perk slot at T3...ONE PERK
    An uncommon: 1st at T2, 2nd at T4...TWO PERKS
    A rare: 2nd at T2, 3rd at T3...THREE PERKS
    An epic: 3rd at T2, 4th at T4...FOUR PERKS
    A legendary: 4th at T3?, 5th never... FOUR PERKS?

A level 10 legendary is slightly stronger than a tier 4 epic alone, but a tier 4 epic has an extra perks slot for some reason. I don't have a tier 2 legendary but I believe the fourth perk should be unlocked at tier 2. Is there something I'm missing?

2. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

I agree with you... Just by how the rare and epics work, by logic it should be unlocked at T2.

VantaBlack likes this.
  3. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

the logic is every item rarity unlock its last perk slot at t4 ,but legendary at t3,so i think it is fair.

Rainbow Warrior and Lil_Torta like this.
  4. nosesabe

nosesabe Well-Known Member

There are two logics then

Swaf and VantaBlack like this.
  5. a_creeper_won

a_creeper_won Well-Known Member

Basement dweller
    NOOOO To ManY LoGiCs!!!

6. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    I personally think legendaries are already good enough :p Besides, only the super rich whales have access to multiple legendaries.

Rainbow Warrior and LimeOnMars like this.
  7. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Add 4th perk to rares lol. They're junk in comparison to epics.

8. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

Not true anymore. I got legendary missiles from grinding for 8 months, and in a few months I'll have another legendary missiles from damage awards.

VantaBlack likes this.
  9. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    Agreed, legs should get 4th slot at t2.
    In comparison epics get 3rd slot at t2, so yeah leg should be somewhat better + collecting leg dupes are difficult let alone not only for f2p but for the moderately p2w ones as well, which makes it difficult to obtain a t3 leg unless your very lucky at the first few leg combines.
    And yep rares can get a 4th perk slot too. No harm in that as well, cause due to base damage epics will always be better, and legs far better.

10. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

This would make sense considering the difficulty in obtaining Legendary items vs Epics.

Generally speaking:

A Level 40 Epic item will beat the Level 10 Legendary, but it needs that extra perk slot to be carrying a Rare or Epic to do it.
    The Level 50 Epic, perked out, is better than a Level 20 Legendary even before the perk slot is considered, and the fourth perk only widens the gap.
    Once the Legendary hits Level 21 though, the fourth perk is added, and by Legendary 23 or so, it's ahead simply because the Epic can't raise its base stats any further.

If the Legendary got a fourth perk slot at Tier II, then it would be a closer match.

This would make a maxed out Rare actually better than a Level 1 Legendary; for the first few levels, at least. Roughly Legendary 4/5 it would be left in the dust I believe.

Hokuse likes this.
  11. Lil_Torta

Lil_Torta Active Member

It’s fine the way it is. Getting the 4th Perk slot at Tier 3 is still 1 Step sooner than Epics get 4th slot at Tier 4. Everyone wants to get the Perk Slot at Tier two cause the second garaunteed Legend they get from the achievement makes it easier for them to get a 2nd Legendary of which they already have. 4th Perk at Tier III is optimal enough.

12. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

I agree on the 4th perk slot on T5 rare items.
    On legendaries, i don't care.

StrictSalmon307 likes this.
  13. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Lol legendaries are the future, in a few months everyone would have them.

14. VantaBlack

VantaBlack Active Member

For some items it really matters the number of perks on it like a sniper and grenade. On grenade which doesn't have a maxed isak (and bad range) you need at least one range perk but you also need as high a crit chance you can get. I know the struggle all too well. Perks are really important and I just don't really see the appeal to grind for a second legendary grenade if it doesn't change anything but 100 damage.

15. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

I don’t think so, in 3 or 5 months, i see myself with leg Blast Cannon and something like napalm.

16. BomberRspn

BomberRspn New Member

I agree. I find your claim that it's strange that tier 1 legendaries don't get that 4th perk far-fetched but I am with you on tier 2 legendaries having a 4th perk. Tier 3 is really delayed

VantaBlack likes this.