1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The guild quest 'yo-yo'

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KiloMeda, 20 Oct 2017.

1. KiloMeda

KiloMeda Member

I had my worst run yesterday working on a guild quest - for a triple torpedo. I just bought a brand new MK5 Enforcer and decided to slap on a lvl 10 uncommon triple torpedo (completely horrible combo as I waste a weapon slot to use a really underleveled weapon). Anyways, I drop from 1700 to 1200. I haven't been that low in a couple of months. I'm surprised to see 8 of 10 ships are MK5 in the 1100-1200 range. Having just played MK4 until last week, I know that was not the case a couple of months ago when I just reached MK4. I didn't see consistent MK5s in matches until around 1400. When I look at our rival guilds I see level 30 MK5 players at 900 infamy.

After completing my triple torpedo quest I switched back to my better tier 3 weapons and proceeded to go 5-1, even getting my first 3 star in a long time. I'll get back to (and hopefully exceed since I am a new MK5) my previous 1700 infamy rather quickly. But isn't that annoying for the 1300 infamy MK4s I take down along the way?

The thing is, I'll probably repeat this 'yo-yo' process multiple times since there are only benefits:
    • I drop 500 infamy, but I eventually complete my guild quest which gives me tokens for cool items. However, I made my teammates salty at the MK5 with lowest damage and tier 1 uncommons.
    • I 'try hard' again and gain back my 500 infamy. My win rate is 50% - same as if I hovered around 1700 the whole time. Virtually no loss in rewards. However, I made the enemy MK4s salty that they are paired with a loser MK5 at 1300 infamy with tier 3 rares.
    • Since I got back to my previous infamy, I keep my league bonus for the season
    • Continue to repeat for big rewards while making everyone salty :p
    Will this become the new norm if it hasn't already? Is there a downside I am missing?

2. Jerbears

Jerbears Active Member

I also had to complete almost 100k worth of triple torp damage with a rare level 10. I had better luck using my shooter since its only 1 weapon slot out of the 5. Totally know what you went through, can be frustrating. Try to keep your chin up. Also the longer the game is out average mk ship will grow, thus you will see higher mk at lower infamy.

3. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I'm an MK4 in the 1000-1300 range. Its normal to see MK5s. In fact, there is always at least one in every match that I play in this range. Every once in awhile there is a MK6.

On my 'baby' account that is an MK2, I'm currently in the 400's, with a lot of 3's, 4's, and occasionally I see a 5. My hunch is that there are some infamy tankers. But I also suspect that there are a lot of newer players that simply spent money to raise ship levels quickly, but didn't take the time to develop the skills to rise in infamy. When I first started playing, I rarely saw 4's in this range and never saw a 5. A lot of these players in higher level ships at lower infamy, simply are not very good.

4. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    This is most definitely the new norm. Along with lower level boats fleeting with higher infamy teams. I wouldn't feel too bad about it tho, since everyone is guilty of this by now. The loot is just too good to pass up.

5. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Keep all the weapons you get that are good, level them up slowly and then bring them into the match when required.