1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The gearscore of the legendary weapons is unbalanced

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by EduardoMeliss, 15 Jun 2018.

1. EduardoMeliss

EduardoMeliss Member

It is not possible that the gear score of the legendary weapons have any score either, the high infamy players take advantage to use mk2 ships and they use legendary weapons knowing that the legendary weapons have the same firepower of a weapon epic of 4.
    this puts out of control the game in events, of course to start in this game is difficult, it seems that being new in the game is a crime Screenshot_20180615-175808.png Screenshot_20180615-175725.png

PallabKumarS, NathanaelK and NoTtIaN like this.
  2. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Sorry, what?

How is the gear score of legendary items unbalanced? o_O

Miathan likes this.
  3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

It's not unbalanced. The player just took off all his perks. Which is how the system is being manipulated right now. Perks weigh in high, the item itself not so much, or not as much as it should.

4. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Gear score for legendaries is perfectly balanced to their strength. Perks play a big part in gear score and even without manipulation, t1 legendaries have one perk less than t4 epics. So they are little less powerful and got little lower gear score.

IMG_20180616_113740.png
    IMG_20180616_114645.png
    IMG_20180616_114559.png

5. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    Gear score of legandary weapons is not balanced and needs to be changed. The gear score needs to be much higher then what it is currently

6. PhoenixLife

PhoenixLife Well-Known Member

Videogames
    Nice firebomb

7. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Well-Known Member

Do you have pictures to support your theory?
    @Sifa post shows that their gearscore is balanced :)

8. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Good spot that there was no perks. It’s expensive to remove perks (especially good ones) from items. So either player didn’t put them on (unlikely you wouldn’t put perks on that railgun or turbo) or they’ve so much money they’re not bothered by the cost.
    I’m not sure what the gear scores are of perks, but it’s an interesting theory.

9. Scogel

Scogel Member

An easy fix for this is to lower the gear score for perks, and raise the gear score per item. This would prevent those using legendaries or high lvl items on a low lvl ship and destroy those under them. Putting perks on lower lvl items doesn't give people as great of an advantage as a no perk legendary and would even out the playing field and make it more fair.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  10. NoTtIaN

NoTtIaN Well-Known Member

Make posts
    how about tweaking weapons, and Make 2 slot weapons and mortars get 10% more gear score, fire bomb gets 20%

11. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

legendary has 10% less gs then epics, i think i m the only one figured this out.

PallabKumarS likes this.
  12. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    If the is corrwct.. Hence the point.. legandary gear score needs to be increase significantly
    As it does way more damage than epics

NoTtIaN likes this.
  13. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Brace yourselves! Another wave of fake news coming o_O

First of all, yeah legendaries at some levels have lower gear score than epics at some other level. However, legendaries in those cases are also weaker than their epic counterparts. Is it so hard to understand that t4 epic is better than t1 legendary or t5 epic is better than t2 legendary..? Only at t3 legendary items are stronger than any epics and that's also when their gear score gets higher. Jesus, it can't be that hard to understand.

Sadly I don't have any high level legendary items (t2 or t3) to show any screenshots but feel free to post some below, if you have any.

14. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    but, many noobs get it so easily, it's like their guild carrys them to get the piece, and I dont get any.

Jamesnyc likes this.
  15. Jamesnyc

Jamesnyc Active Member

Systems admin
    Yep lvl 45 here and still no leggy item.. so bogus

16. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    OOFFFFF!but not as bad as me.
    I have 20! leggy parts, but no item
    7 blue, 6 red, 5 yellow, 2 green
    (gods plan)
    I hope that
    the devs make it
    you can swap
    a piece
    for another
    for a piece
    for another
    (gods plan ends here)

17. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

fake news? dont play smart when you donno nothing. go find a lv 40 epic and a lv 10 legendary with full damage perks like bc, ends up pretty same damage. check what is the differ btw gs. i responsible with my words and saying what i see and what meant to be statement. you just saying whatever u think so and never spend time to double check. shame

Last edited: 17 Jun 2018
  18. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Did you read my post or you just didn't understand? Level 40 epic is better than lvl 10 legendary so of course the gear score for lvl 40 epic is also higher (1251-1146). I don't know what part of that you don't understand. But hey, I already posted screenshots of these items earlier but look them again:

IMG_20180616_113740.png
    IMG_20180616_114645.png
    I repeat: level 10 legendary has lower gear score because the lvl 40 epic is more powerful. More power = higher gear score. Got it now?

wreck your day likes this.
  19. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I would like to apologize a small misunderstanding I had on my earlier post. I'm not a native English speaker so sometimes I don't fully understand if the text wasn't clear enough.

I now understand you meant that level 40 epic blast cannon with 4 damage perks got similar damage to legendary level 10 blast cannon with 3 damage perks, right? You're saying it "ends up pretty same damage", but really it doesn't (according to my charts below). Unfortunately I don't have blast cannons myself to demonstrate that but until someone actually posts those screenshots, we can safely assume that lvl 40 epic with 4 perks has something like 5-8 % higher damage. However, if we had lvl 40 epic with only 3 perks (similar to leg lvl 10), then the damage on legendary would indeed be higher, but so would be the gear score (1111-1146). So it's clearly balanced.

Here are those charts of item powers (Blast Cannon) without perks taken into account:

IMG_20180617_200500.png
    IMG_20180617_200638.png
    Chart by: https://battlebayitems.com/items.html

Last edited: 17 Jun 2018
  20. NoTtIaN

Make posts
    then made upgrading epics give more gear score to match the leggy ones then