1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The big torpedo guide for noobs.

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Chestbrahbodybuilder, 27 May 2017.

?

Do you like the big torpedo?

1. Yes I like it

79.2%
  2. No it sucks

20.8%
  1. Chestbrahbodybuilder

Chestbrahbodybuilder New Member

I was recently experimenting with the Big torpedo lately. I was having a rather hard time using it as it is slow and rather hard to get it to hit an enemy. Suddenly I had random instant success and I realized that I'd. Been doing it all wrong! In the right situations, the big torpedo can instantly wreck entire opposing teams rather easily. In fact it was the first item to get me nearly 6k damage in one game (I'm only level 14-15). Enough of my rant, here is how you do it:

1. Big torpedo is only useful when against an a large group of stationary enemies. One torpedo can easily rack up 1k+ damage in a hit) this generally happens in a stand off where 2 teams are slugging each other in the open and no one really moves.
    2. Enemies generally gather close around their medic. This is the most perfect opportunity to send in the big torpedo.
    3. The big torpedo has a splash so sending it into a wall might splash damage enemies around it.
    4. The big torpedo is terrible against moving single targets.
    5. While waiting for the big torpedo to reload, being quick reload guns like sniper cannons and. Normal cannons with you.
    6. Only really useful in medium range engagements with closely grouped enemies (better when stationary) use your team as cover.
    7. Launch the torpedo when the waves mask your battle boat from the enemy's sight. Make sure they don't see your launching the torpedo, they will notice and move away.
    8. If caught in an engagement with scattered, moving enemies, do not rely on the torpedo to hit, it is too slow and the enemies can easily move away.

Thanks for reading my guide, hope it was useful!

*Master Fu*, The Afenogaster and Nof like this.
  2. Shvitz McGergen

Shvitz McGergen Member

I have a rare tier 3 big torp with a couple perks. I have 4 more rare big torps in my farm. Currently, one hit to a frozen ship yields about 1700 damage. I use it on every ship and in every battle. The weapon is a game-changer and absolutely wreaks havoc. I've taken out entire teams in a couple shots. Close range is ideal for this weapon but you can certainly sling down the middle of an arena and hope for the best. Aim with lead close range, shot where they're not. Hit walls, groups, shipwrecks, or even your own dudes. Shooting behind waves is a great suggestion. Learn an accurate shot and it's deadly.

3. The Afenogaster

The Afenogaster Well-Known Member

Bbay player / free time artist.
    4. The big torpedo is terrible against moving single targets.

I use the big torp on my mk4 speeder and my mk4 shooter and I deal more damage to single targets than to groups because I use it as a focus weapon, as a speeder it isn't as horrible if you aim it right and you are lucky (I usually do aim it but I am not lucky enough)

4. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I fire them blind in the beginning of each match, always fun to see a ship with all it's energy missing on first encounter

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited: 7 Aug 2017
    thatnerdchic and *Master Fu* like this.