1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

The Balance for Frost item and armor shield perk

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by OE • Zumbapasta, 13 Jan 2018.

?

do you agree?

1. Sure

100.0%
  2. I dont think so

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. OE • Zumbapasta

OE • Zumbapasta New Member

frost has gone since it is being nerfed.
    and no one use shield armor perk.

here is the fact.
    1. frost is a utility item, by reducing ship’s movement. there are 2 types of frost. launcher and blaster. wide area with low effect, and single target with high effect. the problem is, it will be broken by a single shot (according to the last update toward frost items).
    - despite of being broken with a shot, frost items should target area ONLY. as long as you sit in the area effect, you will be frosted. leaving the area effect will leave you unfrosted. BUT, both items need to be nerf on the % movement reductions, the scale of area effect, and projectile speed. so, you could still dodge frost easier (like tesla botl) and juke incoming attack. it is the same to napalm. you’ll take a lot of dmg if you dont move. honesty, there are many mechanisms to fight frost, like nitro, dodging the frost, repair bolt, and many others. so, it is ridiculous if frost is broken with a single shot. that is the reason i havent seen player using frost. most of players prefer burning style. While actually, speeder is destined by using torps. #bringbackfrost to the gams

2. epic shield armor perk is waaay weaker than epic hp perk. It will be balance if the epic shield armor can do as much as the epic hp perk.
    epic hp perk : +150 hp
    shield armor perk : +7 armor
    lets have an example. a t5 epic explo cannon does 1500 dmg in a single shot. an epic hp perk will reduce 10% weapon power (for the entire game). while an epic shield only reduce less than 0,5% weapon power (for a single shot). assuming a shooter have 10k hp, it needs 7 shot to kill him, which means 3,5% weapon power reduction for an epic shield armor. so, based on my calculation, armor shield need to be at least 3x stronger. there are already some weapons that is not affected by shield armor such as railgun, flare gun, fire bomb, and torps. So, having LESS HP and MORE ARMOR SHIELD should do the same with having MORE HP and LESS ARMOR SHIELD.
    All defenders run HP perk nowadays. I hit them with my fire explo that does 2,2k dmg. while i hit another shooter for 2k dmg. I havent seen armor defender style. which I will only hit them less than 1,8k with my fire explo, having less than 15k HP but heals a lot faster (since they receive less damage due to the armor perks).

Thats my suggestion, what do you think? rovio have not created frost and armor player yet.
    #dobetterforthecommunity

2. OE • Zumbapasta

OE • Zumbapasta New Member

beside, there are only few talents for armor shield

3. Zotah

Zotah Member

Frost Blasters are almost completely irrelevant in this game, I will choose the Tesla Bolt instead. Maybe the only usage for it is with the torpedos... then this is a choice between fire and cold.

As for the armor shield perk, do we have the real stats from Rovio? Does 1 damage reduction is only one or more? Sometimes I’m under the impression that it protect more than the little number it gives, but I have no way of knowing that. If this is 1 for 1 than this is a worthless perk and talent considering the weapon damage factors enumerated by OE.

4. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    I mean, they did take a nerf, what if they were rebalanced to have the same turret slow effect as a carronade? Or if they added perks to give it that effect? It would help close combat players, probably not as much as the tesla bolt, but it doesn't have a time reduction on consecutive use. Honestly, I'd use mine much more often if it slowed their turret as well. I don't think this should be added to frost launchers, though. They seem to do a good job of what they do, already. I like OE • Zumbapasta's idea about making the frost launcher work like a napalm, but I think this would be better added as a third frost item with a far weaker effect.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  5. Sreg

Sreg Active Member

I would like that the frost would not get lost by one hit. At least for the fact that when it gets into the frost, the frost reduces the duration of the action every time it hits. And then I do not understand why it was to reduce the frost in damage and slow down if it gets knocked down by one blow, because the burning does not get off by one stroke and keeps a constant bonus for guns.