1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Thats right, im enjoying the agility boost, i was a rudder head prior!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Valkhadin, 4 Sep 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

Great job devs! I know everyones cry at the moment, its just a learning curve for most. They will figure it out, then, it will be game on again. As for my self, i will enjoy sinking them until they figure it out lol :)

2. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

(Ill take this as a boost for Defender, for starts lol)

FearsomeChicken, XQT and JoshW like this.
  3. sea31

sea31 Member

Wasn't a rudderhead, but echo your thoughts. I was excited when I read about the update, and in one of my first games I tore an enforcer to shreds (as a shooter) before it knew what hit it. Feels so satisfying to pick off the kamikaze speeders and enforcers so easily and helps to shift what has been an annoying strategy.

It's hilarious to see what some people are saying though - yeah, it's definitely a learning curve, but the drama is laughable. People saying they're just spinning in circles and can't navigate :rolleyes:. The Devs are taking an insane amount of heat from a strung-out vocal minority; it's important to let them know that they have support out there. Doesn't mean that everything is perfect (new gun is currently worthless to test out), but they're trying new things and taking risks and that's a positive.

4. JhonnyNS

JhonnyNS Active Member

This “cry time” is normal after every update.

5. S2C

S2C Member

Hurray, someone else who likes the new agility

JoshW and Valkhadin like this.
  6. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

Very well stated! People need to understand this also gives us a better chance at useful blue items, upon combine! Great update imo :)

JoshW and S2C like this.
  7. Tonrogs

Tonrogs New Member

But the balance has been greatly upset. No long range sniping. Might as well get rid of sniper. Can too easily dodge torps, get rid of those. Slow shooting weapons like explosive cannons and flare, pfft, can't predict a movement with a well placed shot... They can just turn and avoid. Balance is completely gone.

8. Will-o-the-Wisp

Will-o-the-Wisp Member

This is kind of the point of why I don’t like the update, reduces speeder to a tier 2 boat.

Reorge, ShipCrusherCz and BasedCarpen like this.
  9. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

Its just an adjustment period. Im hitting more people with my Big T than ever before. Once everyone settles in, there will be new metas to be found! :)

JoshW likes this.
  10. sea31

sea31 Member

I've already hit more than a few people with a sniper at distance. same with swift torp. Can't speak to explosive cannons and flare, but haven't had an issue with blast cannon. Even if there is a widespread issue with those weapons though, there are people who argue about a nerf being needed for things like the sniper and explosive cannon. A change in balance doesn't mean that balance is gone. I do think that these changes may have brought some unintended changes, but I'm sure those things will be adjusted.

Valkhadin likes this.
  11. sea31

sea31 Member

I've already seen successful speeders since the update - the only ones that seem to get their shit rocked are the ones who just kamikaze into a group of four or five boats. That used to work - used to be easy to dive in an knock out the fixer, etc - but that 'strategy' was more about ship ability and boosts than it was about skill. It definitely forces a shift in strategy, in that it actually requires one.

EyeOfDoom, JoshW and Valkhadin like this.
  12. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

With this update it also leads me to question, why Rovio doesnt do away with turbo? An item similar to the other two, with the only exception being, its a must for anyone with any comprehension. A wasted slot for the most used item in game. Imo, just as useless as the other two, only because its required for every ship...

13. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Funny, I have no issue hitting people with these weapons in my enforcer (which now has the highest agility stats) ;)

sea31 and Valkhadin like this.
  14. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

At 16k health with a rudder included, i would have never picked up that 4th shield, largely because, as a defender, rudder was my only hope to slip in and out of the line of fire, dodge that torp, that mine, and on occassion cannon shots. Plus it made for a great surprise, in standoffs against yellow boats lol

XQT likes this.
  15. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

I am going to miss, being the dancing fatboy though... now other skilled players will dominate my moves... :( lol

SlayerofSergeants and sea31 like this.
  16. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I'm with you, loving the agility. Tried it out in every boat and had no issues. I feel others are either overreacting or just plain terrible at the game and if that' the case they can go ahead and leave the bay for all I care.

Valkhadin and sea31 like this.
  17. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

Higher chance for shields was sorely needed due to the increased damage from event perks, burn perks, etc. Good move imo.

sea31 and Valkhadin like this.
  18. JoshW

JoshW Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much, it doesn' seem like there are many skilled players out there lol. If there were they'd have a much easier time adjusting to the update.

Valkhadin likes this.
  19. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

Lol! :D

20. Valkhadin

Valkhadin Active Member

It seems the almighty dollar, cant solve the issue at hand :eek: lmao

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.